Any Idea Where The Saints Cap Is After The Graham Signing?

LouDog.

Over The Cap recognizes that the contract has been signed and says that the numbers should update in a day. That being said, it has them at 4,600,000 under and Jimmy's new contract has a 4,000,000 cap hit this year which tells me they are at 600,000 under with this new deal.

Gotta be over unless they backloaded the crap outta it

Go look at the link I posted above. It's not even back loaded, it's just a small cap hit this year. Years 2,3, and 4 are brutal.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/jimmy-graham/

Here is the breakdown of his deal.

Still trying to find the team's cap #

Go to www.overthecap.com they still have almost 5 million in cap space after the Graham deal. Projected to be 12 million over in 2015 though there are some vets they could cut to clear cap space, however the dead money it would create would eat up the projected 6 million in cap space for 2016. Plus if I'm not mistaken both Jordan and junior will be up for new contracts. It will be interesting to see how Loomis works his magic the next 2 offseasons

Over The Cap recognizes that the contract has been signed and says that the numbers should update in a day. That being said, it has them at 4,600,000 under and Jimmy's new contract has a 4,000,000 cap hit this year which tells me they are at 600,000 under with this new deal.

Go look at the link I posted above. It's not even back loaded, it's just a small cap hit this year. Years 2,3, and 4 are brutal.

His new contract is on there salary cap calculator

7/15/2014: Signed a four-year, $40 million contract. The deal contains $21 million guaranteed, including a $12 million signing bonus. 2014: $1 million, 2015-2017: Under Contract, 2018: Free Agent

The $12 million signing bonus is spread out for the 4 year contract so their cap hit is 4 Mill, his original tag which was on the books was over 7 Mill....... So they recapped money just like the Falcons will do when they re-up Roddy.......

Edited by GTBF54

7/15/2014: Signed a four-year, $40 million contract. The deal contains $21 million guaranteed, including a $12 million signing bonus. 2014: $1 million, 2015-2017: Under Contract, 2018: Free Agent

The $12 million signing bonus is spread out four the 4 year contract so their cap hit is 4 Mill, his original tag which was on the books was over 7 Mill....... So they recapped money just like the Falcons will do when they re-up Roddy.......

Graham cap hit goes from 4 mil to 11 mil next year.

There next year cap is already at 152 mil..... The cap will most likely be 140-142 mil next year.

I give them props for going all in but i cant screw up the cap for that.... Changes may need to be made.

In our case... If the season does not go the way it should... A new coach or/and GM will have a team with talent with a boatload of cap.

I will say this tho... TD needs to find a pass rusher

That means it's backloaded, if the final years of the contract have the highest cap hits..

The Saints don't have a salary cap, and unfortunately it is all within the rules. They will just cut half their veterans next offseason, restructure the other half, bring in two more high dollar FAs on heavily backloaded contracts they never intend to honor, and continue being the shadiest franchise in pro sports.