Lucy May Be A Good Movie

The Monarch

But I can't stand that it is seemingly based entirely off of a scientific myth. Every time I hear Morgan Freeman in the commercials saying, "no human has ever accessed more than ten percent of their brain," I can't help wondering why no other scientist corrects him with like, "dude, that's not true at all." Might as well make an entire movie about how lightning never strikes the same place twice.

Not sure why I felt the need to share that.

I will be using less than 10% of my brain to enjoy that movie, since I know it is going to be like looper, where if you think about it, it will make your brain hurt, but I will probably be using 100% of my lower brains, since scarjo is in the movie.

I enjoyed Looper a lot. I really like how it referenced the danger of overthinking time travel.

I enjoyed Looper a lot. I really like how it referenced the danger of overthinking time travel.

The ending make no sense at all. He did not have to

kill himself. It was already established that the older him knew everything that the younger him know, so when the younger him figured out that the attempted assassination was what created the rainmaker, the older him would have already know and not fire the gun

But I can't stand that it is seemingly based entirely off of a scientific myth. Every time I hear Morgan Freeman in the commercials saying, "no human has ever accessed more than ten percent of their brain," I can't help wondering why no other scientist corrects him with like, "dude, that's not true at all." Might as well make an entire movie about how lightning never strikes the same place twice.

Not sure why I felt the need to share that.

Well Morgan Freeman actually says "Most humans don't use more than (or only use) ten percent of their brain." I don't know how scientifically inaccurate that is but its completely different than "no human has EVER accessed more than 10% of their brain." Just sayin'

Well Morgan Freeman actually says "Most humans don't use more than (or only use) ten percent of their brain." I don't know how scientifically inaccurate that is but its completely different than "no human has EVER accessed more than 10% of their brain." Just sayin'

He also actually says "she will be the first person to use 100% of her brain." He also actually says “It is estimated most human beings only use ten percent of their brain’s capacity.” It is built on the never true, well debunked myth that most people use only 10% of their brains.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-people-only-use-10-percent-of-their-brains/

He also actually says "she will be the first person to use 100% of her brain." He also actually says “It is estimated most human beings only use ten percent of their brain’s capacity.” It is built on the never true, well debunked myth that most people use only 10% of their brains.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-people-only-use-10-percent-of-their-brains/

Transformers aren't real either but you don't see me giving a ****. Its a movie.

Transformers aren't real either but you don't see me giving a ****.

This may come as a shock to you, but I'm not you. And there's a difference between making a movie from science fiction, or fantasy, or whatever. It's another to take a stupid myth about humans and make it the crucial plot point of a movie. Maybe you can't see the difference. It'd be like making a movie where the premise was, "Until Lucy, no human had ever been able to say the alphabet backwards. Now she can!"

If they'd just made a movie about scientists somehow giving her superpowers, that would be awesome. But it's dumb to have a "scientist" repeatedly saying something in a movie that's not only wrong, but dumb.

This may come as a shock to you, but I'm not you. And there's a difference between making a movie from science fiction, or fantasy, or whatever. It's another to take a stupid myth about humans and make it the crucial plot point of a movie. Maybe you can't see the difference. It'd be like making a movie where the premise was, "Until Lucy, no human had ever been able to say the alphabet backwards. Now she can!"

If they'd just made a movie about scientists somehow giving her superpowers, that would be awesome. But it's dumb to have a "scientist" repeatedly saying something in a movie that's not only wrong, but dumb.

I don't think your backwards alphabet Lucy is going to do well at the box office. Could you give her some other powers?

I don't think your backwards alphabet Lucy is going to do well at the box office. Could you give her some other powers?

No human has ever been able to pat their head and rub their belly at the same time . . . UNTIL NOW! Who knows what wonders Lucy will achieve with this new power.