Archie Manning: 2014 Saints May Be The Best In Franchise History

jb 3.0

Archie's quote was "I think the Saints’ lineup on paper to start the season is maybe as strong as I’ve ever seen before.”

That means as good as their previous strongest lineup.

He really didn't take that much of a leap in judgement on the subject.

That Baton Rouge newspaper,on the other hand,has to sell newspapers.

Because it was 35 points off and WFW thinks he is slightly off on the saints prediction as well. You would think ole Arch would lay low after that prediction Jack...WFW is just sayin'cool.png

Ginger or MaryAnn?

That's why it's called a prediction, if he pre knew the outcome then he probably wouldn't have said anything

Are qualifiers really necessary for predictions? At this point, everyone knows it's an opinion.

I agree with Archie. I believe this is the best roster ever fielded by the franchise. Huge credit to Loomis and the staff to put it together while working under cap constraints and league penalties, too.

Doesn't mean they'll end up accomplishing the same as previous editions, but it appears as complete as I've seen.

It'll take more than that.

That's not even what this article is about though. It just says this is the best team on paper that Manning has seen on the Saints.

I think the pieces are all there, it's going to come down to how well these guys play together and if they can avoid the injury bug. Defensively I need to see them do it again before I suggest they are one of the better units in football, but there's no denying they have a lot of talent on D. Offensively they need to return to being the well oiled machine they once were, and that starts with the run game imo. If that Oline improves and guys stay healthy than I can see a big year on offense too. Team looks great on paper but so did the Eagles dream team. Edited by BayouBengalz

Be careful what you ask for. Add to that the well oiled machine that we've all come to know of in our offense and let the league beware.

Actually the Saints offense is the only offense that worries me on our schedule but still think we can slow y'all down a bit.