Andre' s career highs in catches,yards & touchdowns are 115,1575,9 while R. White' s is 115,1389,11 so they have been pretty much even,Johnson gets more props, but White,while staring off slow has been a productive wideout for many years now,I see no need to even propose a trade,I say no

Edited by Rajhae Battle
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why anyone is arguing that White is better than AJ at this point in their careers.. or even bringing up AJs injury history.

AJ has averaged over 1,500 yards a season the last two years and has not missed a single game, in that span. Recently, White is the more injury prone of the two. White has had a good career, but somehow AJ has kicked it up another notch these last two years, he can still perform like a top 5 WR, with no-name qbs throwing him the ball. Not many WRs his age can do that.

I posted the article while waiting at the Dentist office. I thought it was interesting that someone would suggest such a trade.

In no way would I ever consider trading Roddy for Dre. Hands down Roddy is the heart and soul of the Falcons locker room. You can't replace his production on the field and his mentorship in the locker room.

The garbage that's thrown around message boards like it's fact on a regular basis is astounding. I don't understand why people have to make stuff up just to be part of a conversation.

First, Andre Johnson has missed time in 4 of his 11 seasons. He's not "always hurt". He hasn't missed a game in 2 years. He missed 3 games in 2 seasons, and in the other 2 he missed 7 and 9 games. Had some injuries? Sure. Always injured? Negative.

He doesn't feel like he deserves a better team, and it's not like he hasn't done everything possible to make the Texans a contender. How is he any different than Tony G. when he came to Atlanta? Did y'all hold it against him that he wanted to come play for a contender when he started getting older? The man has been a consummate pro in a day filled with divas and morons at the WR position. You never hear a word out of him.

Lastly, I'll say throughout their careers, and right now Id take Johnson over Roddy every day. He's an absolute animal. You can't simply put his and Roddys numbers beside each other and think it's a wash. Sure, Johnson has been basically the only receiving threat over the years, but wouldn't that hurt him just as much as help him? Do you guys realize how much double and even triple coverage Andre Johnson has drawn over the years? At least Roddy has had Tony G. and for a short time, Julio to draw coverage.

Having said that, I understand not wanting to trade Roddy for him. It would be hard to trade Colston for him, for me, so I get it. Sometimes it goes beyond just football. I just wanted to state my case for Johnson.

Note: I realize not everyone is going to agree that Johnson is better than Roddy, and there's nothing wrong with that opinion. I was simply stating mine.

The garbage that's thrown around message boards like it's fact on a regular basis is astounding. I don't understand why people have to make stuff up just to be part of a conversation.

First, Andre Johnson has missed time in 4 of his 11 seasons. He's not "always hurt". He hasn't missed a game in 2 years. He missed 3 games in 2 seasons, and in the other 2 he missed 7 and 9 games. Had some injuries? Sure. Always injured? Negative.

He doesn't feel like he deserves a better team, and it's not like he hasn't done everything possible to make the Texans a contender. How is he any different than Tony G. when he came to Atlanta? Did y'all hold it against him that he wanted to come play for a contender when he started getting older? The man has been a consummate pro in a day filled with divas and morons at the WR position. You never hear a word out of him.

Lastly, I'll say throughout their careers, and right now Id take Johnson over Roddy every day. He's an absolute animal. You can't simply put his and Roddys numbers beside each other and think it's a wash. Sure, Johnson has been basically the only receiving threat over the years, but wouldn't that hurt him just as much as help him? Do you guys realize how much double and even triple coverage Andre Johnson has drawn over the years? At least Roddy has had Tony G. and for a short time, Julio to draw coverage.

Having said that, I understand not wanting to trade Roddy for him. It would be hard to trade Colston for him, for me, so I get it. Sometimes it goes beyond just football. I just wanted to state my case for Johnson.

Note: I realize not everyone is going to agree that Johnson is better than Roddy, and there's nothing wrong with that opinion. I was simply stating mine.

He has a long and varied history of injuries. They don't always cause him to miss games but he HAS missed games and he's left games and he's played limited. Does all of that matter? Not really because he's still been productive overall. But his health history compared to Roddy's is clearly inferior. Given Julio's issues, having someone like Roddy who has been remarkably durable for his career is probably a better fit.

Is Johnson a better receiver than White? Sure. I dont think he's a vastly better receiver but in a vacuum, I'd take him. But he's also more of a health question and taking up ~ 2x as much of the cap as Roddy does.

He has a long and varied history of injuries. They don't always cause him to miss games but he HAS missed games and he's left games and he's played limited. Does all of that matter? Not really because he's still been productive overall. But his health history compared to Roddy's is clearly inferior. Given Julio's issues, having someone like Roddy who has been remarkably durable for his career is probably a better fit.

Is Johnson a better receiver than White? Sure. I dont think he's a vastly better receiver but in a vacuum, I'd take him. But he's also more of a health question and taking up ~ 2x as much of the cap as Roddy does.

I understand he's missed time. I understand he's had injuries that haven't caused him to miss time. I'm more responding to the always hurt posters, seeing that he's played the full 16 games in 7 seasons. I never claimed he was healthier than Roddy.

Would I personally make that trade for the Falcons? No. Roddy should retire a Falcon and you don't rip the veteran of the team off right before training camp. I mean, at this point Roddy is the veteran, the leader. Like you said, there's the contract issues as well. I wouldn't make the trade. I was just talking about people ******** all over Johnson.

I understand he's missed time. I understand he's had injuries that haven't caused him to miss time. I'm more responding to the always hurt posters, seeing that he's played the full 16 games in 7 seasons. I never claimed he was healthier than Roddy.

Would I personally make that trade for the Falcons? No. Roddy should retire a Falcon and you don't rip the veteran of the team off right before training camp. I mean, at this point Roddy is the veteran, the leader. Like you said, there's the contract issues as well. I wouldn't make the trade. I was just talking about people ******** all over Johnson.

Well the "always hurt" thing is typical overstatement. I think in the grandscheme of great WRs, Johnson has been banged up more than most. But its not like he's Darren McFadden....

And this is what I've talked about in re Julio. Athletes like this get hurt or play hurt more often than not. Andre, Fitzgerald, Calvin, Dez, Julio, Colston, Jimmy Graham, Desean Jackson, etc. Pass catchers see a fair amount of injury. The outlier guys like Marshall, Wayne and Roddy make some think that WRs play all 16 games every year for 10 years. Its just not the case. In most circumstances you're going to have WR that misses games and/or plays hurt. Thats the nature of the position.

Well the "always hurt" thing is typical overstatement. I think in the grandscheme of great WRs, Johnson has been banged up more than most. But its not like he's Darren McFadden....

And this is what I've talked about in re Julio. Athletes like this get hurt or play hurt more often than not. Andre, Fitzgerald, Calvin, Dez, Julio, Colston, Jimmy Graham, Desean Jackson, etc. Pass catchers see a fair amount of injury. The outlier guys like Marshall, Wayne and Roddy make some think that WRs play all 16 games every year for 10 years. Its just not the case. In most circumstances you're going to have WR that misses games and/or plays hurt. Thats the nature of the position.

Basically. Jimmy has had some injury each of the last 2 years. Like you said, it's part of it. I have nothing but respect for guys who are dinged up but play anyway.

Like over on SR, people are quick to talk about how Jimmy was shut down in games late in the season, but won't mention the fact that he played through plantar fascia. Most guys wouldn't have even been playing. In the playoff game against Seattle he just limped through all of his routes. He could barely move.

Basically. Jimmy has had some injury each of the last 2 years. Like you said, it's part of it. I have nothing but respect for guys who are dinged up but play anyway.

Like over on SR, people are quick to talk about how Jimmy was shut down in games late in the season, but won't mention the fact that he played through plantar fascia. Most guys wouldn't have even been playing. In the playoff game against Seattle he just limped through all of his routes. He could barely move.

.....do you really have posters that ***** about Jimmy Graham?

Jesus.

Message boards are breeding grounds for malcontents. Its like a feedback loop of horseshit.

.....do you really have posters that ***** about Jimmy Graham?

Jesus.

Message boards are breeding grounds for malcontents. Its like a feedback loop of horseshit.

Every. Single. Day.

You know how fans get when a contract dispute comes up. They're fickle. They'll side with management 10 times out of 10. Which is somewhat understandable because we're fans of teams, not players. It just sucks to see because it's all business. I love Jimmy being a Saint and what he brings to the team and I'm not gonna try to diminish his accomplishments because he wants more money than the club wants to give him.

Eventually, he'll sign long term and everything will be forgotten. Until then, I've been avoiding the place.

How about Stephen Jackson and Harry Douglas for Andre Johnson...3 starting receivers Jones, White and Johnson with Freeman leading the charge at running back

1. Why would the Texans agree to that trade? It wouldn't benefit them at all.

2. Pinning your hopes of a successful run game on a 4th round rookie running back is kind of crazy. Especially for a team trying to rebound like the Falcons.