Antone Smith Stats

Year GP TOUCHES YARDS AVERAGE LONGEST TD'S

2013 15 5 145 29 50 2

This is the stat line from last year for Antone Smith...I understand he usually did this against 2nd or 3rd string defenses but **** 5 touches with 2 TD's and an AVERAGE of 29 yards per carry. He at the least deserves a few touches a game until its shown why he is where he is on the depth chart. For an O-line that was basically the worst in the NFL last year for a fourth stringer to come in and do that to me is worthy of more touches this year. Smith has speed to get to the outside and vision to cut back when needed...he deserves a chance at least is all I'm saying.

Edited by mattyfalconice

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Year GP TOUCHES YARDS AVERAGE LONGEST TD'S

2013 15 5 145 29 50 2

This is the stat line from last year for Antone Smith...I understand he usually did this against 2nd or 3rd string defenses but **** 5 touches with 2 TD's and an AVERAGE of 29 yards per carry. He at the least deserves a few touches a game until its shown why he is where he is on the depth chart. For an O-line that was basically the worst in the NFL last year for a fourth stringer to come in and do that to me is worthy of more touches this year. Smith has speed to get to the outside and vision to cut back when needed...he deserves a chance at least is all I'm saying.

I think just about everyone here is clueless as to why dude ain't getting more touches. All I ever hear is his pass blocking is suspect but w/e

Are you sure this was always against 2nd and 3rd stringers? For some reason I do not remember it that way.

I know the long one against the Bucs was against second stringers cuz we were down about 25 or so and the backups were in but even so a couple were probably against some starters...either way he looks like a beast so he deserves a chance...

One of Mike Smith's biggest gaffes was not playing Antone. And if his lack of pass protection skill was the reason why he didn't get playing time, why was Lamar Holmes trotted out there every week? That was his sole job and he couldn't do that.

So he can't pass protect...he scored a TD every 2.5 times he touched the ball last year

Is this the new board favorite? The next Kerry Mier lol. Dude is just fast and nothing else. He belongs on Special Teams and that's basically it.

People get enamoured with a few lucky plays and suddenly all the reasons Smith hasn't seen the field his whole career are nonexistent.

People get enamoured with a few lucky plays and suddenly all the reasons Smith hasn't seen the field his whole career are nonexistent.

Enamoured? Really? And why is Steven Jackson even relevant now? Because people are still enamoured with his stats and time with the Rams...he ain't what he use to be

Didn't realize that being young and speedy was a joke compared to old, overrated, injury prone and out of their prime

Agree 100%.

People like to point at what Jackson did in the past but I didn't see much myself watching him on our team.

Meanwhile Smith has big plays and it's "He's fast and nothing else" even though he clearly was effective when he got on the field

Didn't realize that being young and speedy was a joke compared to old, overrated, injury prone and out of their prime

This sentence does not warrant further discussion on the topic. You're clearly being unreasonable towards jackson just because, yes, you've gotten enamoured with a guy that has never been good enough to be an offensive weapon.

This sentence does not warrant further discussion on the topic. You're clearly being unreasonable towards jackson just because, yes, you've gotten enamoured with a guy that has never been good enough to be an offensive weapon.

Yeah you are right Steven Jackson is a #1 running back...he's awesome...he touched the ball 152 more times than Smith and had 4 more touchdowns...man he's the best we got, good thing you weren't the one on deciding whether an undrafted rookie free agent in Worrilow started or not just because at one time he was behind everyone else

Yeah you are right Steven Jackson is a #1 running back...he's awesome...he touched the ball 152 more times than Smith and had 4 more touchdowns...man he's the best we got, good thing you weren't the one on deciding whether an undrafted rookie free agent in Worrilow started or not just because at one time he was behind everyone else

It's not about depth chart, it's about skill. Don't blame me because you're not good at evaluating it.

So you are saying Jackson has skill when he scores or averages his 3.5 yards a carry but Antone Smith is PURE LUCK...okay

Did you see our O-Line last year? No running back could have played well as the main back. Smith had a few lucky runs, if he had a few hundred carries i assure you nobody would be calling for him to play more.

Did you see our O-Line last year? No running back could have played well as the main back. Smith had a few lucky runs, if he had a few hundred carries i assure you nobody would be calling for him to play more.

Smith got 1/5 the yards in 150 less carries that Jackson did. Now I don't think Smith is big and durable enough to handle a full load. But to blow him off and act like Jackson is still good is a bigger joke