Don't just be homers. Hester sucks azz as a reciever and ya'll know it. He didn't turn into a good receiver simply because he's now a Falcon. A good receiver finds a way to make atleast one catch in a season. Explain that.

Edit: I'm not even high on Douglas, I don't really like him as a receiver either, but he's way better than Hester.

Edited by ltstorm2
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watch other teams bro...the good returners still take it out the endzone and play a strong part in field position. in the spirit of the signing, Devin had 52 attempts(3 attempts a game) and gained about 28 yards a pop...#6 in league average kick return yards, #1 in league attempts.

I hear ya...I just don't get too hyped from the stats all that much...ex. Steven Jackson. Hopefully, it all translates for us, but I just think his skills would be utilized more in the punt return and screen game based on the makeup of this team.

I hear ya...I just don't get too hyped from the stats all that much...ex. Steven Jackson. Hopefully, it all translates for us, but I just think his skills would be utilized more in the punt return and screen game based on the makeup of this team.

Yeah, I like his 14+ something average for punt returns and that's where he'll make his money on this team.

Field position, field position, oh and did I mention field position. How many punts get shanked out of bounds due to avoiding Hester? We just gained 15 yards of field position simply due to fact he's on the field...he didn't even touch the ball.

How many teams will try to sky rocket a punt to aquire max. hang time ...picked up 10 yards all he did was fair catch the ball.

He's a field position magician!!!!!!!!!

Right, Julios was being used for reverses because HE WAS ON THE ******* FIELD. You can suprise a team with Julio, Hester won't be on the field and it'll be a dead give away if he does step on the field. And if its a fake and leaves Julio one on one, how many times do you think we can use that play?

1st of all it's not a trick. Your putting the ball in a playmakers hand while leaving your top playmaker in a route.

It's not a trick. If anything it takes pressure off the reverse because Julio will most like be doubled and your taking that safety out of run support.

There is no surprise, we saying we have playmakers you deal with them.

You know, big boy football. How often does an nfl defense really get tricked? Not often.

Javy Arenas was a REALY REALLY REALLY good SEC KO return man at Bama too. His NFL numbers don't quite show it yet, but he will improve with Hester I'd hope.

I am cautiously hopeful about Javier, as well. As a Bama fan, I loved watching him burn it up in the SEC. Who knows?

I was just about to say nobody's mentioned him in the offense. I hope they give all of HD's targets to him. I know it won't happen because HD has pictures of Dimi and Smitty doin the nasty, but I dam sure wish it would. He is way more of a threat than Dougle

Hester - 390 targets, 217 receptions, 2807 yards, 12.9 ypr, 14 TDs, 23 drops 8 seasons

Dougle - 345 targets, 207 receptions, 2575 yards, 12.4 ypr, 6 TDs, 25 drops 5 seasons

Why is he garbage as a WR? He had decent ypr, a drop rate under 6% and got into the end zone. What am I missing?

Ability to judge a WR outside of stats...

here is their average stats per season if you need stats

Hester: 49 targets, 27 receptions, 351 yards,1.75 TDs, 2.875 drops. Drop rate per target: 5.89%

Douglas: 69 Targets, 41 receptions, 515 yards, 1.2 TDs, 5 drops. Drop rate per target: 7.24%

I'm really excited for Hester in a Falcons uni. We havent really had an all out monster return man since good old Allen Rossum. What I really like about it is, our special teams play is usually pretty good anyway, so adding hester to the mix will definatley add a fiery spark. I'm also looking forward to seeing what things he can do out of the slot, maybe catching a screen pass, and see where he takes it. Just get the football in his hands anyway we can, and our investment will be fruitful.

Thought, how awesome would it be to see Hester take the opening kickoff to the house for a TD on opening day against the swamp rats? =D Hehe

Edited by Dunn-Vick-Duckett

I know he gets brought up from time to time but how exciting is it to know he could go all the way at any moment, kick off the game and he can take it to the house.

From a pure excitement standpoint you love the addition, can change the field in a heart beat. And in a controlled Dome environment you've got to hold your breath every time he touches the ball.

We can sport a big time offense, the defense is TBD, but special teams has become a threat just due to the name on the jersey.

Closer we get to the season the more the Hester signing becomes my favorite. Everyone will look forward to watching him. And he has the potential to chsnge the way our defense can play.

We have an offense pinned deep, they may be more inclined to stick the ball in a sticky situation on 3rd and long to dig out of that hole because no one and I mean no one wants Devin Hester catching a punt at the 35 or 40.

The dynamics are in place for some special things to happen this year. Hopefully we are good enough to take advantage of them.

Not to mention that most of the games will be in a dome environment or warm environment. I think Hester will have a big year.

Ability to judge a WR outside of stats...

here is their average stats per season if you need stats

Hester: 49 targets, 27 receptions, 351 yards,1.75 TDs, 2.875 drops. Drop rate per target: 5.89%

Douglas: 69 Targets, 41 receptions, 515 yards, 1.2 TDs, 5 drops. Drop rate per target: 7.24%

Ugh you know Hester didn't play WR in 2013 right? So recalculate. And no matter what you come back with he's gonna have more TDs, a higher ypr average and a lower drop rate than Dougle. Any questions?

Ugh you know Hester didn't play WR in 2013 right? So recalculate. And no matter what you come back with he's gonna have more TDs, a higher ypr average and a lower drop rate than Dougle. Any questions?

Yes but why would I take that into account when a team doesn't think he is good enough to play WR.

That is more of a sign to his ability than anything else.