Espn Says The Falcons Offensive Line In 2013 Was One Of The Worst In Nfl History

Didn't you start a thread about how pff has the falcons oline ranked 7th best? by you making that thread you are telling us that the falcons oline was ranked 7th best because you believe in these statistics and numbers so you want the world to know how "right" you are.

It was actually football outsiders. I made the thread cause some value advance metrics on this site and use such formulas and advance metrics for other arguments. I never stated Falcons had a good offensive line last year

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually football outsiders. I made the thread cause some value advance metrics on this site and use such formulas and advance metrics for other arguments. I never stated Falcons had a good offensive line last year

ok my bad, so how many football sites use advanced metrics and math to rank each team??? you must be quite busy looking for these formulas to prove some kind of point that will never be proven.

so why won't you answer one thing for me:

Why not become a colts fan and leave the falcons to the real fans who actually support their team?

So you just posted the thread to do what other people do? There is nothing here to argue

Considering numerous near-death experiences for Matty Ice, I have to say Dukes isn't far off.

So glad we've retooled the line!

The disgust and revulsion for Konz and Holmes that last season instilled in me is still there. I think any OL that included either of these two for even one snap would have to be in the running for worst offensive line in history. I can only hope an OL that effing pathetic will never again disgrace the red and black colors of the Falcons.

What made this achievement by our OL possible was that they were equally terrible and inept at both run and pass blocking. I don't think I have ever seen an OL that was so amazingly good at no aspect of the game!!

The stat that I most like to see is the average time in the pocket. I think Matt made this line look way better than they actually are (which says a lot) with his quick releases.

Edited by dmo_dlo

Guest MikeKennHOF

What made this achievement by our OL possible was that they were equally terrible and inept at both run and pass blocking. I don't think I have ever seen an OL that was so amazingly good at no aspect of the game!!

The stat that I most like to see is the average time in the pocket. I think Matt made this line look way better than they actually are (which says a lot) with his quick releases.

I think I remember someone posting a stat showing Matt Ryan was delivering the ball in 1.9 seconds on average, and still took 40+ sacks. Given the incredibly brief time he had in the pocket, I think Ryan gave an amazing performance last year. Less than 2 seconds pocket time on average, and still turned in that many yards and touchdowns? Wow. I'll ignore the 17 int's completely considering the circumstances.

And just to be clear, I am not some Ryan fanboi. But anyone with any real football knowledge could look at the time he had (or DIDN'T have) to throw, the lack of healthy WR's for much of the year, the absence of any semblance of a run game, and one of the worst defenses in Falcon history! And admire just what Ryan was able to do.

I still believe that if you time-warped a young and healthy Bartkowski into now, that he would take.Ryan's job.

Guest MikeKennHOF

So that means we won more than 4 games then?

Since Earl Morrall was the QB for most of the perfect '72 Dolphins wins, by your reasoning, he must have been a perfect QB?

So that means we won more than 4 games then?

No but it does mean that we averaged less than 7 points per loss.

Our defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. We lost games because of it.

Not sure what your point is with that post any way.

No but it does mean that we averaged less than 7 points per loss.

Our defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. We lost games because of it.

Not sure what your point is with that post any way.

My point is: Stats are good for fan banter and H.O.F. But we need more than stats for wins and a SB Championship. From more than one player.

My point is: Stats are good for fan banter and H.O.F. But we need more than stats for wins and a SB Championship. From more than one player.

I'm pointing out Matts stats simply because many of people blast him on here for no apparent reason.

No O-line. Most pressured/hit QB in the NFL. Still dominant stat-line.

If our defense was just above average, ****, even average, we break .500 and possibly have a 9-7 season last year without Julio or Roddy.

Bawse, the QB ALWAYS get the blame or praise. For the win or loss. It has happened ever since this football thingy started. Doesn't mean that the QB is really good or bad, it just comes with the territory. After a win or loss, the second person you see the media interview after the coach is the QB. Why?

And how many times you see Trent Dilfer get praised for winning a SB? Joe Flacco?