Espn Says The Falcons Offensive Line In 2013 Was One Of The Worst In Nfl History

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more dropbacks you have the more likely you are to rack up pressures. PFF ranked Giants O-line 31st at pass blocking but according to Tuggle Falcons had more pressures. How can an O-line that's ranked worse than the Falcons at pass blocking have more pressures? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Eli had 100 less pass attempts than Matt Ryan. So no having the most pressures doesn't make you the worst O-line.

The more dropbacks you have the more likely you are to rack up pressures. PFF ranked Giants O-line 31st at pass blocking but according to Tuggle Falcons had more pressures. How can an O-line that's ranked worse than the Falcons at pass blocking have more pressures? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Eli had 100 less pass attempts than Matt Ryan. So no having the most pressures doesn't make you the worst O-line.

Re-write this. lol

Nothing was worst than the O-line the Texans had in the early 2000's. David Carr still has PTSD from being hit so much. Then you have Cleveland from the Couch days. You could say Atlanta was one of the worst but no team beats the first two I just mentioned.

Which is even worse than 264! Why on earth would it pain you so much to admit pressures are in fact indicative of a bad Oline? Seriously it's freaking weird.

It's a judgemental stat you schmuck I have been stating that forever and trying to get that through your head . They could look at film or they can create a formula to arrive at a QB PRESSURE there is no NFL stats with pressures that can be caluctaed and quantified . ITS JUDGEMENTAL

Your words not mine

Lmao... now you conveniently forgot how to read.

WTF is up with all the idgets playing dumb this off season? I mean it's something they're all doing this year. They all go into dumdum mode when confronted. I don't get it.

It's a judgemental stat you schmuck I have been stating that forever and trying to get that through your head . They could look at film or they can create a formula to arrive at a QB PRESSURE there is no NFL stats with pressures that can be caluctaed and quantified . ITS JUDGEMENTAL

You still won't admit it. :lol:

Guest King Jigsaw

Pro Football Focus defines a quarterback pressure as the sum of sacks, hits, and hurries.

Did you just ruin your own argument?

"There is no formula for pressure. It's judgmental."

"It's the sum of sacks, hits, and hurries."

rolleyes.gif

Guest King Jigsaw

Seems like a matter of common sense to me while the trolls that argue for the sake of arguing ask for statistical backup yet then belittle any stat that you offer as support.

If an offensive line's job is to block for its quarterback and the quarterback is often under pressure.. that means it was a bad o-line.

Duh?