Your Picks For Nfl Surprise Rising And Falling Teams

SaintsFanInLA

Every year, there is at least one team that surprisingly utterly disappoints because the expectations were so high, like last year's Atlanta Falcons and the Houston Texans. And every year, there is a team that surprisingly exceeds people's expectations, like the Carolina Panthers, Cincy, and the KC Chiefs.

Who are your preseason picks to disappoint and who are you preseason picks to exceed everyone's expectations?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rise: Rams with that Front 7 and Kenny Britt will surprise

Fall: Panthers cause you know we are suppose to suck based off what everybody is telling me

The only reason I see given for a downward turn for the Panthers is their lack of movement in the offseason.

No one can deny (except for the Falcon Homers) that the Carolina defense is one of the top 3 in the league. That alone will carry the team a long, long way. You add Cam and a healthy Stewart and Williams, and it's hard not to put 'em at 10-6. If the O-line holds up with the loss of Gross, and the wide receivers come together, you all should be fine. But this is the NFC South and every other team has improved by leaps & bounds. THAT's where you all are gonna have trouble I believe

The only reason I see given for a downward turn for the Panthers is their lack of movement in the offseason.

No one can deny (except for the Falcon Homers) that the Carolina defense is one of the top 3 in the league. That alone will carry the team a long, long way. You add Cam and a healthy Stewart and Williams, and it's hard not to put 'em at 10-6. If the O-line holds up with the loss of Gross, and the wide receivers come together, you all should be fine. But this is the NFC South and every other team has improved by leaps & bounds. THAT's where you all are gonna have trouble I believe

Yeah I feel the same way. I see us going 10-6 as well honestly but i dont understand how we are gonna go 6-10 or worse like some people have been saying.

Rise: Rams with that Front 7 and Kenny Britt will surprise

Fall: Panthers cause you know we are suppose to suck based off what everybody is telling me

Its hard to take the South 1 time. To do it back to back is even harder. You can guareentee atleast 1 more hot team will be in the South.

It starts with coaching.

Payton established winner with Saints

Smith established winner with falcons

bucs got a new coach with a lot of talent and experiance (not some actor playing the role of a coach)

So where do you put Ron`s coaching skills vs those other teams? Its almost for sure behind M. Smith and Payton. But now the bucs have Lovie who is well know and very respected.

The Bucs have had all the talent to be no less than a wild card team the last few years. bad coaching and injuries. Did them in.

In the end... only 2 good teams can survive in the South. 1 wins it and 1 gets a wc. That rarely happens. So its hard to see the Panthers being that good to take the South 2 years in a row.

Its hard to take the South 1 time. To do it back to back is even harder. You can guareentee atleast 1 more hot team will be in the South.

It starts with coaching.

Payton established winner with Saints

Smith established winner with falcons

bucs got a new coach with a lot of talent and experiance (not some actor playing the role of a coach)

So where do you put Ron`s coaching skills vs those other teams? Its almost for sure behind M. Smith and Payton. But now the bucs have Lovie who is well know and very respected.

The Bucs have had all the talent to be no less than a wild card team the last few years. bad coaching and injuries. Did them in.

In the end... only 2 good teams can survive in the South. 1 wins it and 1 gets a wc. That rarely happens. So its hard to see the Panthers being that good to take the South 2 years in a row.

Yeah I see your point but people seem put us at the bottom so easily idk we'll see. I just want football to start. Regardless if we suck or not.

Rise: Jaguars. They are looking to have at least an 8-8 season, which would be phenomenal considering their past.

Also, possibly the Jets. If Vick starts, and CJ2k returns to form, they will have a very quick qb/rb duo.

Fall: Panthers. RB squad is on the decline, and WRs are all #3 or #4 wrs at best, aside from the rookie.

Yeah I see your point but people seem put us at the bottom so easily idk we'll see. I just want football to start. Regardless if we suck or not.

If Panthers get a slow start, they will be lucky to get to .500

If they start strong again. They stand a better chance at pulling a winning season.

The panthers seem to be a good team down the stretch. But getting going has been whats held their seasons back.

But once again i think that goes to coaching not as much as the team. Does the coach have the rookies and everyone on the same page come day 1? Thats the big question.

The South no matter how good all teams are on paper, seem to have all teams makeing a solid run. Some team always blows up. Usually coaching or injuries are 2 main factors.

If Panthers get a slow start, they will be lucky to get to .500

If they start strong again. They stand a better chance at pulling a winning season.

The panthers seem to be a good team down the stretch. But getting going has been whats held their seasons back.

But once again i think that goes to coaching not as much as the team. Does the coach have the rookies and everyone on the same page come day 1? Thats the big question.

The South no matter how good all teams are on paper, seem to have all teams makeing a solid run. Some team always blows up. Usually coaching or injuries are 2 main factors.

Yeah I just hate how most Falcons fans keep trying to tell me how much better they are from us after the seasons we just had

That Panthers defense will keep them in every game. They're going to need a dominant running game, though, because (and I know it's not a new thought) I just can't buy into those wide receivers.

The D you taking no injuries for granted. No running game isnt as much as a must as it used to be. Rules favor the pass. The WR`s is a legit concern.

The Panthers as good as they could be, could easly be worse than they should be. Coaching i think is the wildcard for that team.

The falcons will be the falcons. Beat you in the final mins of the game

The Saints will be the Saints (brees padding the stat book and screwing graham over)

The Bucs are a team to watch. Many first year rebuilding teams with a new coach make legit playoff runs. But is Lovie shooting for a fast fix or a longer term plan? This year is almost a give me for smith.

Any way you look at it. The Falcons and Saints should still be around to drive the Panthers crazy is they give even the narrowest mistakes or let a few games slip by them. But i have to follow what is proven. Mike Smith and Payton are just 2 winning coaches. Im not sure Ron is there yet. This year will be a test for him.

Ill take lesser skill players and better coaching, than high skill players and adverage coaching.