Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herr Beast

European Rights Court Rules In Favor Of French Burqa Ban

This seems very dubious. Why do you say it's excellent?

Have you visited French or the UK cities? In some hoods the Sharia is unofficially in place and affecting non muslims as well. This ruling - since it was the highest court in the EU - will now open the door for other laws that will give our governments the tools needed to act against that. Currently islamist activity is always covered by freedom of religion even if it confliects with other - and arguably more important - rights. This ruling is probably one of many to follow where the priority will be settled and this first ruling is very encouraging.

How is action 'needed' to limit people from expressing their religious beliefs?

Because those religious beliefs in question are not compatible with the rights, freedom and values that are written down in the EU treaties. Fact is, that some interpretations of islam have no place in Europe, I am not ashamed of saying that. I hope that ultimately we even find the means to extradite those people, which has so far turned out to be difficult.

Areas in Europe have the problems at American conservatives cry wolf whenever Muslims show up or want to build a mosque where there are effectively enclaves of Muslim communities that consider themselves separate from the country and practice their own law and enforcement of that law, even extending that to people who are not considered part of those communities. It's the result of their experiment of multiculturalism and allowing immigrants to remain completely separate instead of assimilating. Unless I'm mistaken, this ruling basically gives those countries the legal ability to rollback on those mistakes.

Areas in Europe have the problems at American conservatives cry wolf whenever Muslims show up or want to build a mosque where there are effectively enclaves of Muslim communities that consider themselves separate from the country and practice their own law and enforcement of that law, even extending that to people who are not considered part of those communities. It's the result of their experiment of multiculturalism and allowing immigrants to remain completely separate instead of assimilating. Unless I'm mistaken, this ruling basically gives those countries the legal ability to rollback on those mistakes.

You got that right. Even though those problems were identified a long time ago, law makers were hesitent to pass laws that would give authorities a handle to act. Only France and Belgium initiated some laws, one of them now reached the highest European court. Other countries might now feel encouraged to start their own laws to correct the results of failed multicultural experiements without fearing to have their laws overturned by an EU court.

Very important and very encouraging ruling.

It seems very limiting that an individual cannot wear their religious garb in public. How would Jews react to a yarmulke ban, for example? How is this different?

Instead of banning burquas, maybe France should have banned laws that establish religion. That way, anyone who wants to follow their religious beliefs by wearing a burqua may do so, but no one could be forced to by rule of law.

It's not that complicated.

Instead of banning burquas, maybe France should have banned laws that establish religion. That way, anyone who wants to follow their religious beliefs by wearing a burqua may do so, but no one could be forced to by rule of law.

It's not that complicated.

Negative liberties vs positive rights. And why our founders got it right.

It seems very limiting that an individual cannot wear their religious garb in public. How would Jews react to a yarmulke ban, for example? How is this different?

A Yarmulke does not cover your face and does not prevent you from being identified in public. Actually it is a law in many European countries to not cover your face in public (in Germany too, called "Vermummumngsgebot", introduced during the left RAF terror in the 70s) but so far did not dare to enact that on garments like the Burqua.

So basiclally this ruling just helps to enforce some already existing laws. But of course the ramifications are much bigger and less trivial than a piece of clothing. It gives us a meaning how to combat the destastrous developments discribed above, which so far had been covered by "freedom of religion", even though those islamists had every intent but surely not freedom of any kind.

The state should always be ahead of religion .

I say if u don't like it then go somewhere else.

It seems to me that you're discriminating against Muslims.

against islamists, yes... against integrated muslims, not... and every country has the right to make its own social contract and the European court ruled in favor of enforcing the details of that contract.

If you do not like it then return to where you came from.

From the article:

It has pitted religious freedom advocates against those who say the Islamic veil is demeaning to women and inconsistent with France's rigorously enforced secularism.

I can't believe this is actually being argued as some sort of conflict of freedoms.

Forever Julian Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

I was a muslim until I realized I didnt actually hate women as much as I hated those bearded savages.

Forever Julian Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

I cant say I love my mom, sisters, nieces, or even girlfriend if I would remain a part of a system which seeks to keep women in a subservient role. Its not right, and it is not acceptable.

Muslims HATE women....they hate them. All this "Guarding your modesty" BS is hatred. They hate them.

post-38234-snoop-dogg-nodding-yes-gif-Img-KPHy.gif

against islamists, yes... against integrated muslims, not... and every country has the right to make its own social contract and the European court ruled in favor of enforcing the details of that contract.

If you do not like it then return to where you came from.

Nice. Selective discrimination. That's a clear sign of a free society.

The state should always be ahead of religion .

I say if u don't like it then go somewhere else.

Yes, if we could only find a place to send all these Jews, mein Fuhrer.

Because you like islamists so much. I just waited for the first idiot to defend ISIS.

You can't be this ******* stupid. Every burqa wearing woman is a member of ISIS?

Because you like islamists so much. I just waited for the first idiot to defend ISIS.

I don't quite understand the practice of equating all people who wear a burqa with militant jihadists.

I was wrong. You actually are this ******* stupid.

Your stupidity is unmatched actually because you would form a coalition with people you otherwise despise just to make a point in your silly and stupid domestic problems.

People usually undecided on that matter should take notice.