Patrick Peterson: Falcons Have Toughest Wr Duo

birdz4i

Julio Jones recently staked claim to the imaginary offseason title of the best receiving duo in the NFL (along with Falcons teammateRoddy White).

For what it’s worth, Cardinals cornerbackPatrick Peterson isn’t arguing.

“The best duo in the NFL, I’d probably have to say that’s pretty accurate,” Peterson told D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. “Both of those guys are Pro Bowl caliber receivers, both of them are All-Pro caliber receivers. Both of them do a lot of good things for Matt Ryan to make his job a little easier. But to say they are the best tandem, I’d probably have to say that he’s probably right.”

Peterson said that as an individual receiver, Lions wideout Calvin Johnson was the toughest matchup.

“He’s just so big, fast, agile and he’s very quick,” Peterson said. “To be that big and move that well is unbelievable.”

On that score, Peterson might hear some arguments from teammate Larry Fitzgerald, who he works against in practice every day.

While it’s hard to argue with the Falcons’ tandem, we’re sure someone will come up with something in the next three weeks, when important things start happening.

http://profootballta...partner=ya5nbcs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are the best. Marshall and Jeffery have a chance to get up there but Jeffery has gotta do more than be a one trick pony and do it year in and year out

I read a 10 reasons why the Bears could win the Bowl article today and #1 was because they have the best WR tandem in the league. So someone already thinks they're the best.

I read a 10 reasons why the Bears could win the Bowl article today and #1 was because they have the best WR tandem in the league. So someone already thinks they're the best.

Based on last year, yea. But all things equal, I don't think so. I'd say Roddy and Marshall are equal. Julio is better than Jeffrey. This is all based on health.

one trick pony? Jeffrey is a monster that was no fluke. plus he can actually finished 16 games. if julio could stay healthy then yea i think we would have best duo but cant be top duo if one of you is always out 3-8 games a season. i'm just sayin

I do think the Bears tandem is great, but when comparing healthy Roddy/Julio people overlook that the #3 guy got like 930 yards and 8 touchdowns to go with their over 1,000 yard seasons. The Bears can't claim that and it helps their numbers

So overlooked but so true!!!!

one trick pony? Jeffrey is a monster that was no fluke. plus he can actually finished 16 games. if julio could stay healthy then yea i think we would have best duo but cant be top duo if one of you is always out 3-8 games a season. i'm just sayin

Definitely just played 18 games in 2012. Said he would have played through hamstring earlier in 2011 and broke a bone in 2013.

Yes, he has been prone to injury, but he played through most of it at BAMA while Smitty won't let players play through a hang nail here.

I didn't realize Jay "my fillopian tubes hurt" Cutler was a sports writer. But then again if Orlandumb Bedcrapper can do it, anyone can.

Yes, he has been prone to injury, but he played through most of it at BAMA while Smitty won't let players play through a hang nail here.

Overstated. He let Roddy back on the field way to early last year and I believe there was another case where roddy came back early and ended up sitting again a couple years ago when he F'd up his ankle against the Stains. And that's just if you look at 1 receiver. When Smitty gets desperate and things start to unravel, he has zero problem rushing people back onto the field when he thinks he's going to be getting a phone call...just like pretty much any coach in the league.

Overstated. He let Roddy back on the field way to early last year and I believe there was another case where roddy came back early and ended up sitting again a couple years ago when he F'd up his ankle against the Stains. And that's just if you look at 1 receiver. When Smitty gets desperate and things start to unravel, he has zero problem rushing people back onto the field when he thinks he's going to be getting a phone call...just like pretty much any coach in the league.

One player. I don't think there is another player who played hurt like Roddy.