What I Am Seeing

ATL_DirtyBirds

With the draft out of the way, I think Ferry did something very brilliant that no one else is catching onto. Adriean Payne can defend the center position. I believe that Antic will be released and Payne will step into the backup center role as well as being able to play some minutes as a backup power forward. I think there is a big chance of him sort of being like Horford, in that he is not a true center, but plays it and has the ability to play two positions. I think we will see him as a center this first season. Just imagine a line up that has Mike Scott at PF and Payne at C, the spacing and shooting would be insane. Just my thoughts, what do you guys think about this?

Also, with Lebron wanting a max contract, I believe we are a real player in the sweepstakes for him. Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I think we could land him.

OP no offense but I'm tired of seeing fours trying to play center. We need a true 5 that plays defense and rebounds. Granted who wouldn't want Lebron but man I can't see our hawks getting him.

Please no more PF playing C. That being said, having a center that can do the above and contribute on offense would be ideal. Don't need a self-check on the offensive side.

That would be great!

Imagine that bench if we were to land a solid SF like Hayward,Ariza,Granger,Marion,etc.

We would have...

PG-Schroeder

SG-Korver

SF-Caroll

PF-Scott

C-Payne

Hawks have 3 hours to extend a Qualifying offer to Scott or he becomes an unrestricted free agent, and I've heard he has a few suitors.

Hawks have 3 hours to extend a Qualifying offer to Scott or he becomes an unrestricted free agent, and I've heard he has a few suitors.

Of course he does. When he is hot he plays like no one can has ever guarded him. Hope the Hawks do resign, I'd hate to lose 2 great bench players like Ivan an Scott back to back years.