Braves Vs Mets

CrimsonFalcon

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor has taken a step back so far this year. Sad because he looked ready to explode after that NLDS start

Other than the homers, he seems about the same to me. He's had trouble with HRs periodically in his career, I don't think he's far off.

Other than the homers, he seems about the same to me. He's had trouble with HRs periodically in his career, I don't think he's far off.

You're correct that Minor has always had a problem with homeruns. But another of Minor's problem sis his breaking ball. It's always been his 3rd pitch but it's not getting any better like you would hope and lefties are killing him this year because he really doesn't have an out pitch against them.

Hows Bethancourt look behind the plate? I haven't had the chance to watch any of his starts yet.

OK. Hasn't really had a shot to throw anyone out. He and Minor seemed to have some difficulty, but nothing major. Moves well behind the plate.

ESPN has an article giving Chris Johnson a lot of credit for the Braves recent turnaround. Johnson is hitting .366 over the last 23 games and when he has an RBI the Braves are 15-2 in those games. CJ has an average of .449 when an AB ends with a pitch in the strike zone over the current 23 game stretch ESPN analyzed.

ESPN has an article giving Chris Johnson a lot of credit for the Braves recent turnaround. Johnson is hitting .366 over the last 23 games and when he has an RBI the Braves are 15-2 in those games. CJ has an average of .449 when an AB ends with a pitch in the strike zone over the current 23 game stretch ESPN analyzed.

It's been a shot in the arm for sure. Hopefully he can keep it up; he's actually been hitting the ball with authority as well.