Interesting Article On Gwd's

Atlien 404

I'm a firm believer in the kicker getting the praise for winning the game with last minute FG. We've all seen kickers before choke when all eyes are on them in the final seconds of a game. The ones that are able to keep their composure, knowing that the entire game hinges on them making a FG... deserve praise.

Not a f'n qb that may make 2 or 3 throws to get into FG range, or hand the ball off twice and toss it once or twice to get in FG range, and then sit on the sideline while the kicker tries to win the game.

I give qbs credit when they lead their offense down the entire field and the offense scores a TD. FGs though, give credit to the kickers, lord knows we , the fans, are the first ones to b1tch at them if they miss a potential game winning fg, and accuse them solely, for the loss.

I'm a firm believer in the kicker getting the praise for winning the game with last minute FG. We've all seen kickers before choke when all eyes are on them in the final seconds of a game. The ones that are able to keep their composure, knowing that the entire game hinges on them making a FG... deserve praise.

Not a f'n qb that may make 2 or 3 throws to get into FG range, or hand the ball off twice and toss it once or twice to get in FG range, and then sit on the sideline while the kicker tries to win the game.

I give qbs credit when they lead their offense down the entire field and the offense scores a TD. FGs though, give credit to the kickers, lord knows we , the fans, are the first ones to b1tch at them if they miss a potential game winning fg, and accuse them solely, for the loss.

if you take away matt ryans FG gwd's HE STILL has 14 GWD'S, peyton manning has 21 FG gwd's. if you take his away he only has 25.

if you take away matt ryans FG gwd's HE STILL has 14 GWD'S, peyton manning has 21 FG gwd's. if you take his away he only has 25.

Oh yeah, they still have a decent amount without the FGs.

I just know that kickers are often kicking for their jobs when it comes to potential gaming winning FGs. They miss a few of them in a season and they normally find themselves looking for another team. They get a bum rap. Miss the fg at the end of the game and most fans blame them for the loss, make the fg at the end of the game and get near zero credit for it, while the qb takes all the glory. Well, while the media and announcers give the qb all the credit. Is a better way to say that.