Hawks Have Made A Trade

Dirtybird#11

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trade allows the Hawks a lot of flexibility in FA.

Even if they don't get Lebron and Melo they can still go after a Greg Monroe(which can finally move Horford to PF), Chandler Parsons, Gordon Hayward, or any other FA or FAs.

Good move by Ferry.

good luck getting Chandler Parsons. About a half dozen teams are looking at him. Think the Rockets will match any contract unless they get Melo

good luck getting Chandler Parsons. About a half dozen teams are looking at him. Think the Rockets will match any contract unless they get Melo

If the Rockets really want Melo, teams like the Hawks or any other teams interested can force the Rockets hand by offering Parsons a reasonably high(hopefully not ridiculously high) offer.

If the Rockets were to match, then they would automatically be out of the Melo sweepstakes financially. Especially if Melo wants to take a little bit of time deciding where he wants to go.

I think the Rockets only have 3 days to match the offer under the current CBA so they will have to make a decision very quickly. Worst case scenario for the Rockets is that if Melo doesn't make a decision where to go within the 1st 3 days of the FA period, then the Rockets could face losing out on both Melo and Parsons if they choose make Melo priority number 1 and he doesn't make his decision by later this week and doesn't eventually sign with them .

If the Rockets really want Melo, teams like the Hawks or any other teams interested can force the Rockets hand by offering Parsons a reasonably high(hopefully not ridiculously high) offer.

If the Rockets were to match, then they would automatically be out of the Melo sweepstakes financially. Especially if Melo wants to take a little bit of time deciding where he wants to go.

I think the Rockets only have 3 days to match the offer under the current CBA so they will have to make a decision very quickly. Worst case scenario for the Rockets is that if Melo doesn't make a decision where to go within the 1st 3 days of the FA period, then the Rockets could face losing out on both Melo and Parsons if they choose make Melo priority number 1 and he doesn't make his decision by later this week and doesn't eventually sign with them .

people with sources with Houston have already said they will match any offer for Parsons. Only reason they didn't pick up his option so they can have enough cap to sign Bron or Melo. Dont think he is leaving. But he would look good in a Lakers uni

I do not get Bron + Melo. Do they not both play SF? Would Bron move to SG/PF or would Melo move to PF/SG? I cannot see you paying max for both players, if they cannot play at the same time.

Melo and LeBron wreaks of Bosh in Miami. Redundant and uneccesary.

Melo adds scoring and rebounding, which like Bosh, was not what is needed if you sign LeBron.

Not saying this lineup exactly but a Lance, LeBron, Hill type offseason is better than LeBron and Melo IMO.

Melo and LeBron wreaks of Bosh in Miami. Redundant and uneccesary.

Melo adds scoring and rebounding, which like Bosh, was not what is needed if you sign LeBron.

Not saying this lineup exactly but a Lance, LeBron, Hill type offseason is better than LeBron and Melo IMO.

Melo is a much better offensive player than Bosh

And Bosh is a much better defensive player

Melo is a much better offensive player than Bosh

And Bosh is a much better defensive player

But Bosh is an offensive big, when they didn't really need an offensive big.

I think the money is better spent on 2 good-great players, than one elite player that is also going to need the ball a lot.

But Bosh is an offensive big, when they didn't really need an offensive big.

I think the money is better spent on 2 good-great players, than one elite player that is also going to need the ball a lot.

I would spend my money like you suggested. But Bosh promising a win in game 5 and than putting up 13 points left a sour taste in my mouth. I think he is overrated

I would spend my money like you suggested. But Bosh promising a win in game 5 and than putting up 13 points left a sour taste in my mouth. I think he is overrated

I never liked Bosh in Miami. You have 2 of the best scorers in the league. Why add a third? That 20 million could have gotten them a real big man and a bench.