Curtis Lofton Still In The Heads Of T A T Fers

Kevo

That happens when you get kicked to the curb.

Scorned lover syndrome?

Sounded to me like Lofton went out of his way not to talk smack in that interview. When asked if the Saints felt they were tougher than the Falcons he said the Saints feel they're one of the best teams in the NFL. When asked if he knew that that Falcons had declined in tackling since he left, he said it could be due the the change in rules.

And why should Lofton feel scorned? Atlanta made him an offer, he turned it down.

This is a quote from Lofton just after he signed with the Saints.

On if with hindsight he saw the writing on the wall with this move well before it happened:

"No. I mean, you've gotta figure that the team's gonna do what's best for them, and teams put a certain value on guys and other teams value that guy more. And that's what happened in this situation. And the Falcons are gonna be OK. They've got a great player in Akeem Dent and I wish him the best."

On how stressful this process has been:

"Well personally, I never thought that I was ever gonna hit free agency. I thought I was gonna end my career with Atlanta, but that's not the way it always goes. And so I was a little excited, scared, anxious - it was like an emotional roller coaster. And once I started getting teams that hit me up and said they were interested - and I field those teams offers, but I really didn't wanna just jump on anything. I wanted to sit back, be patient and find the right fit for me, for the style I play. I had my fundraiser and my agent texted me and said, ‘We're going to the Saints,' and it was awesome. I'm not gonna lie, it's a little bitter-sweet - you play against a team and you hate ‘em, but at the end of the day we're all a brothership and I'm excited to be going down to New Orleans."

On if the Falcons ever made him an official offer:

"Yes. We had great talks. They were actually the first team to offer me (a contract). And we started going through the process, negotiating, going back and forth, and we just couldn't come to a deal that we thought was fair for both sides and it's best that I move on.

He doesn't sound bitter to me.

He's happy playing for Rob Ryan and the Falcons replaced him with a 3 down back. It's a win/win.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-falcons/2012/3/26/2904087/nfl-free-agency-curtis-lofton-saints-akeem-dent

Sounded to me like Lofton went out of his way not to talk smack in that interview. When asked if the Saints felt they were tougher than the Falcons he said the Saints feel they're one of the best teams in the NFL. When asked if he knew that that Falcons had declined in tackling since he left, he said it could be due the the change in rules.

And why should Lofton feel scorned? Atlanta made him an offer, he turned it down.

This is a quote from Lofton just after he signed with the Saints.

On if with hindsight he saw the writing on the wall with this move well before it happened:

"No. I mean, you've gotta figure that the team's gonna do what's best for them, and teams put a certain value on guys and other teams value that guy more. And that's what happened in this situation. And the Falcons are gonna be OK. They've got a great player in Akeem Dent and I wish him the best."

On how stressful this process has been:

"Well personally, I never thought that I was ever gonna hit free agency. I thought I was gonna end my career with Atlanta, but that's not the way it always goes. And so I was a little excited, scared, anxious - it was like an emotional roller coaster. And once I started getting teams that hit me up and said they were interested - and I field those teams offers, but I really didn't wanna just jump on anything. I wanted to sit back, be patient and find the right fit for me, for the style I play. I had my fundraiser and my agent texted me and said, ‘We're going to the Saints,' and it was awesome. I'm not gonna lie, it's a little bitter-sweet - you play against a team and you hate ‘em, but at the end of the day we're all a brothership and I'm excited to be going down to New Orleans."

On if the Falcons ever made him an official offer:

"Yes. We had great talks. They were actually the first team to offer me (a contract). And we started going through the process, negotiating, going back and forth, and we just couldn't come to a deal that we thought was fair for both sides and it's best that I move on.

He doesn't sound bitter to me.

He's happy playing for Rob Ryan and the Falcons replaced him with a 3 down back. It's a win/win.

http://atlanta.sbnat...ints-akeem-dent

that was before the season started and he had a chance to build some animosity

All he did was answer the question that he was asked. He didn't sound like he was being an *** about it.

Exactly, people read the title of the thread and assume he was talking massive **** without ever clicking on the link...smh, and they say Lofton is butt hurt.

They go after lofton every year because they know what kind of answer he gives. He comes off as a *****. If he gave the standard answer with no answer answer no one would ask him. But he chooses to be ****** about it.

Yep.

There's a few threads up there worthy of reading. Between the homer Falcon fans and the couple of homer Saints fans, I laugh a lot.

There is some good smack talk and none of it is personal.

Even though I love RC,sometimes the smack talk gets personal...and that's not how it's supposed to be!

They go after lofton every year because they know what kind of answer he gives. He comes off as a *****. If he gave the standard answer with no answer answer no one would ask him. But he chooses to be ****** about it.

Did you listen to the interview, The reporter tried to get Lofton to say something controversial butLofton went out of his way not to talk smack about the Falcons.

Maybe Lofton is in the reporters head.