Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herr Beast

Soccer World Cup - The Last 16

Since we have no dedicated thread for the actual games, I open this one for all ABF soccer fans. The WC is down to the last 16 teams and from now it is do or die. The US will play Belgium on tuesday.

First game: Brazil vs. Chile... imagine if Brazil loses.... and that is absolutely possible!

I haven't watched much outside the US games, but watching these two teams makes me think we don't have a prayer laugh.png

the pace and the precision passing is far superior

pace was completely insane... especially for a game played in Brazil... stamina might play a major role here, especially if it goes into OT

I haven't watched much outside the US games, but watching these two teams makes me think we don't have a prayer laugh.png

the pace and the precision passing is far superior

I've noticed the passing thing, too.

Do you think Brazil is as good as advertised?

They are what they are, a good team with one outstanding player (Neymar) and home advantage. Might be enough to win it all or might break under the pressure early. Some other teams might outplay them in midfield. They depend on Neymar's speed alot to create chances.

While I'm all team USA I certainly have a soft spot for the Costa Rican team. Such a great story and a fun style of soccer to watch. The Colombians passing skills are quite insane to watch as well.

I love the USA team,but really they are not a top 10 team,maybe we beat Belgium but them the next opponent is most likely Argentina.

Argentina struggles with the type of football the US is playing. Klinsmann defeated the heavily favored Argentina in 2006 with a mix of counter attacks, chances from corners/free kicks and better nerves. All which this US team is capable of against Argentina. But Belgium first...