3 Falcons That Will Surprise

Our interior pressure is gonna be so nasty. All these people who wont stop beating the drum about *having* to have a star pass rusher are gonna see what real pressure looks like. That is how the Seahawks, Pats, Ravens, etc roll... Star pass rushers emerge cause they have time to hit the holes and get to the QB because of monster interior players.

Truth. So happy to see someone point this out. The Jets defense is another one. Solid 3-4 ends and nose tackles that make the team better run defenses. puts offenses in 3rd and longs and of course thats when pass rushers should be able to shine. our defense is going to be night and day. We had to put play Peters, Jerry, Babs at the same time to try to the defend the run and were still horrible at it. Going from Jerry/Peters to Soliai/Jackson is such a huge upgrade.

But my surprise player is Hageman. He is going to be so fierce rotating in. So after Jackson and Soliai do their jobs and defend the run he can play inside on 3rd down and just use his athleticism to whip centers and guards. Having him rushing the passer instead of Jerry or Peters will make another big difference. Nolan is going to have fun this season.

Levine Toilolo- Tall target that will not be counted on a lot in the pass game but with Roddy, Julio, and Harry on the field I look for Levine to become a very productive 3rd down target.

Devin Hester- He's about to have a great season returning the ball on a fast track. Really going to make big plays when this team needs it. Look at perfect situations for example Falcons TD Saints get a FG, we have trouble pulling away or even beating those guys, 1 return from Hester and it's 14-3. Huge advantage and we will need it.

William Moore- Has the look of a natural born leader this year. Maybe it's just his demeanor but to me it looks like this guys goals are on making the plays needed to win games. He looks like a bottom line guy this year and winning seems like the bottom line.

Not expecting much from Jackson just hope he and PS live up to their dominant run stuffing reputations.

I 1/2 agree with your statement. From a stats standpoint, I am not expecting much different from Jackson here from when he was at KC. However, big strong talented DL make other players better. Jackson was a pro bowl alternate, he is, by any reasonable measure a big, strong talented DL.

I think there is a high probability our run defense is going to be much better this year. This changes everything from last year as I look at the bigger picture and estimate team sack potential. Teams will have to throw more in certain situations to move the ball and we will know when these situations present themselves. This means more opportunities to tee off on rushing the passer. Sacks are easier when you know the other team is going to pass because pass rushers can tee off rather than playing on their heels having to defend the run first.

I think our offense will score considerably more points than last year for many reasons, the OL overhaul being the biggest, but this also helps the defense as it pressures our opponents to have to score more points - if they can't move ball on ground and they are behind or within a TD, they *HAVE* to pass more late in games where we can tee off on them.

I'm excited to see Osi, Mass, Beirmann, Goodman, Moponga, Bartu, who as a raw, undrafted rookie was able to get 3.5 sacks, and Worrilow, lining up behind the Great Wall of Soliai, Jackson and Hageman and indiscriminately blitzing even on early downs. I think more double teams will be required up front freeing up more opportunities for all of the LBs to get to the passer even on 1st and 2nd downs.

This is just a little piece of the bigger picture. Hageman is a wildcard here, because if he flashes beast potential and is able to burst in the backfield enough (which I think is likely), he'll require extra attention which opens up even more opportunities for the LBs even on on earlier downs.

With those massive DL taking the bulk of the pounding on early downs, Osi and the other boys will be fresher on passing downs ESPECIALLY late in games when often passing situations are more obvious.

These are just little pieces of the bigger picture I see coming together that should help our pass rushers.

All of this is based on several things coming together including us staying relatively healthy and team chemistry remaining intact during rough stretches, so keep your fingers crossed. Now the biggest

caveat, with all these new pieces, team chemistry concerns cannot be discounted. However, I see leaders in the making here, and Bryan Cox isn't going to let any of them pu$$y out if the going gets tough.

I 1/2 agree with your statement. From a stats standpoint, I am not expecting much different from Jackson here from when he was at KC. However, big strong talented DL make other players better. Jackson was a pro bowl alternate, he is, by any reasonable measure a big, strong talented DL.

I think there is a high probability our run defense is going to be much better this year. This changes everything from last year as I look at the bigger picture and estimate team sack potential. Teams will have to throw more in certain situations to move the ball and we will know when these situations present themselves. This means more opportunities to tee off on rushing the passer. Sacks are easier when you know the other team is going to pass because pass rushers can tee off rather than playing on their heels having to defend the run first.

I think our offense will score considerably more points than last year for many reasons, the OL overhaul being the biggest, but this also helps the defense as it pressures our opponents to have to score more points - if they can't move ball on ground and they are behind or within a TD, they *HAVE* to pass more late in games where we can tee off on them.

I'm excited to see Osi, Mass, Beirmann, Goodman, Moponga, Bartu, who as a raw, undrafted rookie was able to get 3.5 sacks, and Worrilow, lining up behind the Great Wall of Soliai, Jackson and Hageman and indiscriminately blitzing even on early downs. I think more double teams will be required up front freeing up more opportunities for all of the LBs to get to the passer even on 1st and 2nd downs.

This is just a little piece of the bigger picture. Hageman is a wildcard here, because if he flashes beast potential and requires extra attention it opens up even more opportunities for the LBs even on on earlier downs.

With those DL taking the bulk of the pounding on early downs, Osi and the other boys will be fresher on passing downs ESPECIALLY late in games when often passing situations are more obvious.

These are just little pieces of the bigger picture I see coming together that should help our pass rushers.

All of this is based on several things coming together including us staying relatively healthy and team chemistry remaining intact during rough stretches, so keep your fingers crossed. With all these new pieces, team chemistry questions cannot be overlooked.

Just stop man, most don't want to hear it.

Who cares that it's a team game and our pass rush can produce do to factors around them. We don't have a great pass rusher so we are screwed.

Worrilow, Soliai, and Hageman are my picks

Worrillow and Soliai will be expected to do there jobs for me if they disappoint we are in deep dodo.

Hageman that would be a surprise for its how much he has learned will dictate his impact.

If we're looking at impact LBer wise I want to see how far Bartu has come this year.

Offensively Hawley/Asamoah those 2 are key upfront.

Steven Jackson, Devin Hester, Dwight Lowery

^this!! I also think Harry Douglas has a surprising year with more 3rd option looks. I don't want to sound like a homer, but I could see Roddy, Julio, and Harry all having 1k yards, splitting TG's many many looks from Matt. If he throws for ~4.8k, I can see that happening.

My 3 will be

Douglas - He stepped up big time last year with JJ and RW going down ... It gave him and Ryan an opportunity to get comfortable with each other ...

Mass - We saw some sparks from him last year ... I think he's hunger for more action

Trufant - Play extremely well last year ... Only to get better ...

We really should be selecting three from each side of the ball ... I hope freeman gets a chance to show case ... and Willy Mo should be stepping into the leader role since Spoon is gone...

I think a lot of players will step up this year ... I think we will get back to the football we were playing in 2012 ... I expect the CB to look great and the secondary for that matter ... I think our line will get pressure up the middle I'm just concerned about those edges ...

I think a lot of players will be able to step up this year because offensive linemen wont be in their faces.

Your three:

1 - TJ - I expect him to help hold down the fort in run defense. He is good at it. I wouldn't expect much in the way of a pass rush. If we can get 3-5 sacks out of him I'll take it. He's never had more than four

2 - Warlock - he was a nice UDFA find but he's way overhyped on TATF. He was surprisingly good in his first seven games but tailed off considerably in his last seven. It's well documented he put in the work this offseason. Hopefully he can live up to the hype in 2014

3 - Alf - I love his demeanor and attitude but truth be told when he took over for Asante he got lit up by some average QBs. He will have a bullseye on his back this year. If he doesn't improve we might need to move him to the right side. Of the bench. Hopefully he won't be like Crisp Owens and Chevis Regal who were Dimi corners that showed promise in their rookie years and fell off the cliff afterwards

My three:

1 - Devonta - hopefully dude can show the staff he can pass block. If he can he will get some snaps. He has the tools to make a positive impact on our run game. If he can't run block he may be sitting next to Antone pouring Gatorade refills for SJax

2 - LoLo - I said last year this was my favorite 2013 Dimi pick. Buddy has some red zone skills. He caught two TDs and could have had a third but he dropped it. That was on limited targets. He has the size and is faster than TonyG. Even though he can't block he dam sho can block better than TonyG

3 - Hester - We all know he's a helluva returner that should elevate our return game but many forget he put up decent numbers as a receiver in CHI. I heard Harry Dougle on radio today saying we plan to get him some targets. If we do he will be productive

Agreed on all fronts cept Worrilow... but def agree on Toylerlew. If that guy picked up on Tony's hardcore focus on catching the ball then this guy will be a red zone machine. A 6'8 guy that can block, run routes, and w/ hands like glue is **** near game-breaking (this is all a big hope though).