How Will Your Team Finish?

Tuggle'2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the offseason mostly over, and only TC remaining, I'm entering more full regular season mode, and that means that I'm just focusing on the next game, or in other words, game one. I'm just concerned atm, with us reaching 1-0. I'll worry about the rest of the games after that.

With the offseason mostly over, and only TC remaining, I'm entering more full regular season mode, and that means that I'm just focusing on the next game, or in other words, game one. I'm just concerned atm, with us reaching 1-0. I'll worry about the rest of the games after that.

Having a hard time believing we have a chance against the saints with Mass as the #1 guy.

Having a hard time believing we have a chance against the saints with Mass as the #1 guy.

One of my mantras, that I try and stick to, it's especially true in the NFL:

Every game is losable, until it's won, while likewise, every game is winnable, until it's lost.

Maybe we end up losing this game; It's certainly possible, but I'm going to see it as open, until that clock runs out, with more points on the opponents side, than ours.

Anything can happen in the NFL.

im not saying mass is some kind of difference maker, but i think you have been putting way too much importance on our pass rushers. sure, it would be great to have a legitimate threat, but we have gotten by without one before. i dont think we go 6-10 just because we lack an elite pass rusher

I have little doubt that we win the division with at least 11 wins.

Unfortunately the Taints should be nipping on our heals and probably win a wildcard.

Count me unimpressed with the Bucs. They have a good team, except at the most important position. In a QB driven league, you don't win division titles with mediocre at best QBs, like they have. I'm predicting around a .500 record at best.

And I think everyone expects Carolina to come back down to earth with having to rebuild their WR, OL, and DB corps.

running the ball and defending the run could go a long way over the course of a season. At least you can make a team 1 dimensional. Our "O/D" is helpless when we can't stop/execute the run in obvious situations. Let's fix one aspect of the team first...run(O/D).

Guest King Jigsaw

I see the KoG pessimism movement is still in effect, haha. Someone get that man some Zoloft before he hangs himself in front of a tv playing Mass' game tape.

The biggest thing I took from this though: I can not freaking wait to see Desmond Trufant shut Calvin Johnson down in London. If he holds him to like 1 catch, 7 yards, 0 TD I'll be the first one on these boards using everyone's favorite word...... Elite.

Right now like McClure, I'm at 9-7. That could go up or down after training camp and preseason.

KoG I still think Osi is our #1 pass rusher with Mass right behind him. As for the Aint game you already know it's hard to get to Breesus with his three step drops. Even when we had Abe in full effect. The way he kills us is biding time by sliding or moving up in the pocket. If our interior pass rush gets better as we all hope, that option could be taken away. As someone stated earlier, even with an inept pass rush and shoddy Oline we should have swept them clowns last year. SJax dropped the winning TD in game one and DJ fumbled in the fourth quarter on a potential go ahead drive in game two. That was with our 4-12 team. We will probably play two close games again. I believe since Smitty came in there has only been one blowout in the last 12 games and that was the prime time run up the score game when Scarface set the record. Keep hope alive bro.

IMO we are much better set up to compete with the Aints. Brees will still be Brees, but his go to move is stepping up in the pocket. We've got two new weapons in Solai and Hageman that will help collapse the pocket. Brees loves to take that deep drop, and his OT's have always protected against an inside move and given the outside moves knowing Drew will have a clean pocket to step up into. We clog up the middle of the pocket and we'll have success against the Aints.