Espn How Will Your Team Finish?

Atlien 404

By the way just noting that these predictions have 31 teams finishing with 6 wins or more. Is that even mathematically possible? That really doesn't seem right.

its just a bunch of beat writers predicting their own teams record with out looking at other teams. it is half assed

Posted this in the USA Today prediction thread:

Then you look at the ESPN Bloggers predictions which I see holding far more water, simply for the fact that each one of them studies their individual team. But they only have 5 teams with losing records, the Redskins @ 7-9, the Bills @ 7-9, the Jags @ 7-9, the Browns @ 6-10, and the Raiders @ 5-11. That's only ONE team in the entire NFC with a losing record! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Either way, any predictions at this point may as well be made by throwing darts at a map of NFL teams.

You have your upper echelon teams like the Broncos, Pats, Seahawks and 9ers, that as of now have little reason to believe they'll do an about face and Suck.

Then you have 2nd tier top teams Saints, Colts, Panthers, etc. that more than likely make the playoffs, but could just as easily end ip 7-9 with a key injury or two.

Then you have 3rd tier teams like the Falcons, Giants & Bears, all trying to get back to the playoffs. If their offseason moves pan out any of the 3 could easily be back

Then you have teams that have been trying desperately to get back to being relevant, like the Bucs & Cardinals, who with their moves panning out could surprise (the Cards blogger has them going 12-4)

Then you have the bottom feeders, no reason to even discuss them here, at this point.

I found the ESPN Bloggers for the NFCS, all did a good job, although I don't see the Panthers at 8-8. It's just too easy to write them off, because of their lack of offseason moves. I do believe one of our 4 teams is gonna have a losing record, just can't predict which one at this point. If I was a betting amn, I'd say the Bucs and or Falcons have the greatest chance to finish below .500.

Nah

It'd be damned hard to argue against it being the toughest division in the league with three 12 game winners.

Division can get strong virtually overnight, just look at the NFC West, it was garbage a few seasons ago.

It'd be damned hard to argue against it being the toughest division in the league with three 12 game winners.

Division can get strong virtually overnight, just look at the NFC West, it was garbage a few seasons ago.

Yup those 7-9 Seahawks and that ridiculous Lynch TD run

By the way just noting that these predictions have 31 teams finishing with 6 wins or more. Is that even mathematically possible? That really doesn't seem right.

No, it's not mathematically possible. As a whole, the NFL goes 34 games over .500 according to these guys. Looks like a bunch of writers pandering to their target audience.

No, it's not mathematically possible. As a whole, the NFL goes 34 games over .500 according to these guys. Looks like a bunch of writers pandering to their target audience.

Some were for sure, I'd say the most realistic was the Panthers guy, but McLure & Yasinskas could've just as easy could've gone 7-9 for the Falcons & Bucs, and the Saints guy was spot on that they tend to lose one or 2 a year that they're heavily favored in. They don't do that they could put up 13-3.

Some were for sure, I'd say the most realistic was the Panthers guy, but McLure & Yasinskas could've just as easy could've gone 7-9 for the Falcons & Bucs, and the Saints guy was spot on that they tend to lose one or 2 a year that they're heavily favored in. They don't do that they could put up 13-3.

People are still willing to give Atlanta the benefit of the doubt since last year's abberation was preceeded by 5 straight winning seasons. If they wet the bed again this year then there will definitely be more doubters moving forward. At this point it's a toss-up either way. I think the Falcons prediction is pretty realistic, but a 7-9 prediction could also be realistic.

I see Carolina going about 8-8 myself. But even if the Falcons were to go 9-7 that would only be one more win and it doesn't look like a 9-7 team is gonna win the NFC wildcard what with these 10-6 and even 11-5 teams missing the playoffs. A winning record would be nice but it doesn't mean much to me if we don't even get a crack at the postseason...

I still dunno what the heck the Bucs are gonna be this year. Look good on paper but who knows. The only NFCS team I think makes the playoffs for sure is the Saints. I think the NFCS does produce a wildcard but it's a toss-up who gets it.

People are still willing to give Atlanta the benefit of the doubt since last year's abberation was preceeded by 5 straight winning seasons. If they wet the bed again this year then there will definitely be more doubters moving forward. At this point it's a toss-up either way. I think the Falcons prediction is pretty realistic, but a 7-9 prediction could also be realistic.

I see Carolina going about 8-8 myself. But even if the Falcons were to go 9-7 that would only be one more win and it doesn't look like a 9-7 team is gonna win the NFC wildcard what with these 10-6 and even 11-5 teams missing the playoffs. A winning record would be nice but it doesn't mean much to me if we don't even get a crack at the postseason...

I still dunno what the heck the Bucs are gonna be this year. Look good on paper but who knows. The only NFCS team I think makes the playoffs for sure is the Saints. I think the NFCS does produce a wildcard but it's a toss-up who gets it.

The Bucs have looked good on paper the last 2 years, except at quarterback, which still may be the case, but the one thing I believe most Buc fans are counting in is the improvement in coaching. It should be like night & day compared to the last 5 seasons.

I believe that's where the more avid fan will see changes. Just in game day coaching, prep & attitude all the way around.

The Bucs have looked good on paper the last 2 years, except at quarterback, which still may be the case, but the one thing I believe most Buc fans are counting in is the improvement in coaching. It should be like night & day compared to the last 5 seasons.

I believe that's where the more avid fan will see changes. Just in game day coaching, prep & attitude all the way around.

a good coach definitely makes a difference. How many games last year would of been wins if Lovie was coach?

Week 1 for sure. Probably week 2 also.

Im sure theres more.

Let's be real though. Making predictons for all 32 teams where all the numbers add up sounds like a real pain in the @ss. laugh.png

Yeah, it does sound like a pain.

That being said, the NFL is what these guys do for a living. You might think that ESPN would show a little self pride and try to pretend they knew what they were doing. We could come up with predictions that are as realistic as +34 for the season and we're just a bunch of knuckleheads that love football.