Potential Nfl Bubble Players & Cap Casualties

hjerry

Obviously, this list is a little outdated (June 13), considering who they list for the Texans, but it's still interesting to browse through the possible trades and waiver wire pickups, however unrealistic some of them may be. smile.png

Oh, and I'm not going to post the entire artical simply b/c of how long it is. I could, but I think it would be pushing it.

http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/potential-nfl-bubble-players-cap-casualties-460/

Didn't like any of them. laugh.png

Hopefully some suprise cuts happen. Can hope a few rookies or lower string players ball out and end up pushing a half decent vet out.

I dunno, I wouldn't mind getting Spiller, depending on the cost, same for Leshoure.

Huh, Well that was ironic.

He'll come cheap, plus its been noted there was a lot of crap that hurt a lot of good players ie Egnew, Jordan, Gillislee. Its just too coincidental almost none of their young players have panned out in two years. Good players at that. Egnew may still be salvageable.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Da'Quan Bowers (DE)

Bowers seems to be a "Lovie" type player. But reports out of Tampa Bay say his conditioning and current production isn't near where they want it to be thus far. He'll certainly get a camp to make this better, but should the Buccaneers move on they'll clear $900,768 from his $1.226 million cap figure.

Just sounds meh.

He'll come cheap, plus its been noted there was a lot of crap that hurt a lot of good players ie Egnew, Jordan, Gillislee. Its just too coincidental almost none of their young players have panned out in two years. Good players at that. Egnew may still be salvageable.

It depends on when he gets cut. I don't know about just giving him a roster spot, without letting him compete in camp. If he's cut before preseason game 2, then I'd be fine with giving him a shot.

I was looking at Spillers receiving numbers. Outside of 2012 they aren't very good. He is quoted saying he hasn't "felt this good since '12" though.

If his blocking looks the same I'd honestly rather ride with Quizz.

I think Freeman may be the better blocker, every RB doesn't need to be a blocker man.

I think Freeman may be the better blocker, every RB doesn't need to be a blocker man.

Quizz is an incredible pass blocker. It also looks like he has better hands and no injury history.

As far as Freeman goes he was great blocking in college. The word from the Branch has been he was struggling with blocking a bit.

All that said we all know how Smith is. Blocking is a huuuge part of his game for everyone on the offense. The WRs and RBs are required to do a lot of it. So basically if a guy is struggling with receiving and blocking I don't see the Falcons even being interested. In the end it doesn't matter what we think or want.

Quizz is an incredible pass blocker. It also looks like he has better hands and no injury history.

As far as Freeman goes he was great blocking in college. The word from the Branch has been he was struggling with blocking a bit.

All that said we all know how Smith is. Blocking is a huuuge part of his game for everyone on the offense. The WRs and RBs are required to do a lot of it. So basically if a guy is struggling with receiving and blocking I don't see the Falcons even being interested. In the end it doesn't matter what we think or want.

Yeah, I know...