Something Dawned Upon Me

pzummo

And I'm a bit scared about it. We have over $9m in cap space. We haven't heard rumblings about signing anyone. Even if we signed Roddy to an extension, it might even save on the cap. So here is what dawned upon me. Gonzalez didn't retire. Our FO loves him. Gonzo hasn't ruled out returning. Are we saving our cap space to sign Gonzo for the season after TC?

Please no...

I doubt that, especially after the things Tony said last season..... I think to a very small extent, his departure was welcomed.

The more likely scenario, in my unprofessional opinion, is that we restructure Roddy and create more cap space to carry over to next year.

That carryover could go a long way in maintaining our superior cap positioning, while also front loading a deal for Julio.....if Baker underperformed again, the extra money could be used to soften his cap hit next year, if we cut him.

Or, hold on to it if an unexpected pass rusher wriggles free after cuts....

After he refused to retire, and forced us to cut him, so that he could sign with any team that he chooses; why would he come back to us after all that?

And possibly an even better question: Why would be want him back after such douchebaggery?

And I'm a bit scared about it. We have over $9m in cap space. We haven't heard rumblings about signing anyone. Even if we signed Roddy to an extension, it might even save on the cap. So here is what dawned upon me. Gonzalez didn't retire. Our FO loves him. Gonzo hasn't ruled out returning. Are we saving our cap space to sign Gonzo for the season after TC?

Please no...

we released tony g...that ship has passed...he wanted us to release him so that he would be able to sign with a team that wanted him for a super bowl run.....just another sign of how much he was not a team player, so selfish....I am so glad we are done with that

we released tony g...that ship has passed...he wanted us to release him so that he would be able to sign with a team that wanted him for a super bowl run.....just another sign of how much he was not a team player, so selfish....I am so glad we are done with that

I was thinking we cut him too

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Didnt he sign a deal with CBS? I guess that doesnt mean anything though.

I think we are saving the space because there will be some decent veteran players cut before the start of the season. Hopefully an edge rusher.

Someone say Jason Babin?

Plus why would he come back to a team 4-12 and rebuilding lol

Rebuilding? We're not rebuilding, you mud flap. We upgraded both lines, the kids that got forced into action last year have a year of experience under their belt, and we improved our depth.

As much as you wished we were in a horrible situation, we're not. I hope our opponents take this team as lightly as you do.