Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandy5prings

Greg Robinson Struggling With Nfl Playbook

114 posts in this topic

Why do you hate the Falcons so much?

I have no idea how, or even if, he feels about the Falcons. All I know is that he posts some monstrously stupid crap hoping to get pages of angry or exhasperated responses.

And you people keep falling for it. Its like you have a Pavlovian compulsion to feed this clown.

Want to really stop the trolling? Stop responding to him. Ignore him.

Now, some of you no doubt enjoy the game of Idiot-Baiting, and that's fine. I have fed a few trolls for my own amusement too. As long as you know ahead of time that he doesn't really believe most of this crap. Its his schtick. He just wants to stir people up.

Its really quite sad that he spends so much time and effort on such an empty, negative pursuit.

Can someone say inferiority complex? Seems prevalent around these parts.

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black coming from you, huh?

Jake Matthews is going to struggle when he realizes Matt Ryan can't move worth **** in pocket so once he is beat a Johnny Football can't save his *** by escaping sacks and before the tools of AFMB say you do know a mobile QB is harder to block for yes and no they also make your mistakes less glaring

WHAT?!?!? Matthews has said himself in interviews that Manziel was tough to block for

He has the potential to be amazing. Matthews was definitely the smarter pick. We can't let 2013 happen to Matt again. We needed immediate results.

Im still on cloud 9 that we got Hageman and Matthews. The rest of the draft could have been punt returners for all I care (but getting Devonta Freeman was SUHWEEEEET).

Blocking for mobile Qbs means longer at times to sustain blocks but mobile Qbs can escape pressure when oline misses a block. Just watch some highlight reels of Manziel you will see escape from Manziel where Ryan would have been sacked

This might hold water if I had not watched every snap Michael Vick ever took as a Falcon and therefore every snap the o-line tried to block for him.

While blocking for a mobile QB may mean having to sustain blocks longer it also may mean you're not facing the same kind of pass rush because teams may be more concerned with containing the QB and keeping him in the pocket and making them 'beat you with his arm.'

Also I've seen Dan Marino, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc escape pressure and make plays when the o-line has made a block. Sure it's not as dramatic or as highlight worthy when Vick/McNabb/Cunningham/RG3/etc did it but turning a negative play into a positive play is all that counts.

I've also seen the same offensive linemen that were here from 06-08 get much better when we changed QBs. As a matter of fact the only offensive linemen we added in 08 was Sam Baker.

And this kind of thinking is why every team with a mobile QB seems to have problems with the o-line. 'Oh so and so can escape so we don't have to spend that much on the o-line.' It happened here with Vick. It's happening in Washington and Carolina now.

This might hold water if I had not watched every snap Michael Vick ever took as a Falcon and therefore every snap the o-line tried to block for him.

While blocking for a mobile QB may mean having to sustain blocks longer it also may mean you're not facing the same kind of pass rush because teams may be more concerned with containing the QB and keeping him in the pocket and making them 'beat you with his arm.'

Also I've seen Dan Marino, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc escape pressure and make plays when the o-line has made a block. Sure it's not as dramatic or as highlight worthy when Vick/McNabb/Cunningham/RG3/etc did it but turning a negative play into a positive play is all that counts.

I've also seen the same offensive linemen that were here from 06-08 get much better when we changed QBs. As a matter of fact the only offensive linemen we added in 08 was Sam Baker.

And this kind of thinking is why every team with a mobile QB seems to have problems with the o-line. 'Oh so and so can escape so we don't have to spend that much on the o-line.' It happened here with Vick. It's happening in Washington and Carolina now.

There was a great article written on Football Outsiders today about where Wilson, Kaep and Manning threw their passes from in the playoffs. It was really enlightening for a small sample analysis. Basically, Manning threw nearly as many passes as the other two QBs combined yet only took one sack. Meanwhile, the other two guys took a combined 12 or 13 sacks. It didnt take a position relative to pocket passers being better or worse than mobility guys, but there were some interesting trends.

You're dumber than I thought (and I thought you were pretty dumb). Do you really think ANYONE in the Falcons organization is reading it?

Well, come on, he apparently thinks it WAS constructive criticism, so ,he might actually think someone WOULD read it.

And you'll see a **** ton of sacks that Matt Ryan never would have taken.

Manziel was responsible for much more of his pressures and sacks than his OL was.

Agree there check downs to rbs are Ryan strong suit

Did you see pro football focus article on screens ?

28 completions to rbs on screens

RB-Screens-Re-Norm.png

And, in most cases, Ryan would have had the ball out of his hand before the sack occurred.

But don't you want Ryan to go through his progressions hit his 4th read ?

Get that explosive player ?

I mean no wonder why Ryan Adot is garbage but you still want him dumping ball off and checking down

There have been mobile QBs that been well protected and also at times helped out there offensive line .Donovan McNabb comes to mind there is a season where he was only sacked 23 times at 571 pass attempts. Sacks and pressure could be attributed to scheme as we'll . If Falcons had a healthy Roddy and Julio last year the pressure numbers would have probably been different. The reasoning fans want Matthews is the ability for Ryan to go through his progressions but if Matthews allows quick pressure Ryan is just going to dump it off to a rb out of a backfield

Andrew Luck is plenty of mobile and was faced with a ton of pressure and it's not because he holding onto the ball it's just poor offensive line play and to be honest if Ryan had any balls I wouldn't mind him taking a sack to look for a play to develop it what makes Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben winners

Agree there check downs to rbs are Ryan strong suit

Did you see pro football focus article on screens ?

28 completions to rbs on screens

RB-Screens-Re-Norm.png

Only half the equation sweetheart....

Another 38 on WR/TE

For a total of? 67.

How many did we run last year? 69. Man....we didn't run ANYWHERE NEAR AS MANY! I mean.....2 fewer! 2013 WAS A PALTRY SUM!

(also, muppet, screens don't account for the multitude of 1st read RB throws there were....but I bet you know that from all of your game charting!)

But don't you want Ryan to go through his progressions hit his 4th read ?

Get that explosive player ?

I mean no wonder why Ryan Adot is garbage but you still want him dumping ball off and checking down

LOL @ the 4th read being the explosive player.

He hits his 4th read and you ***** about him checking it down......but somehow, he's not running through his progressions.

You know such a startling little amount about football....it literally makes my eyes hurt.

Only half the equation sweetheart....

Another 38 on WR/TE

For a total of? 67.

How many did we run last year? 69. Man....we didn't run ANYWHERE NEAR AS MANY! I mean.....2 fewer! 2013 WAS A PALTRY SUM!

(also, muppet, screens don't account for the multitude of 1st read RB throws there were....but I bet you know that from all of your game charting!)

Matt Ryan also threw 36 more passes than he did previous season so like usual I'm dead on

RBs/ FBS caught -120 passes only 28 completions for screens

lot of check downs and passes to rbs in flat

Matty Checkdown

Matt Ryan also threw 36 more passes than he did previous season so like usual I'm dead on

RBs/ FBS caught -120 passes only 28 completions for screens

lot of check downs and passes to rbs in flat

Matty Checkdown

LOL. Right. Dead on. 2 fewer. Nowhere near the same amount. lol

And passes to RBs =/= check downs...like I said. Not all RB receptions are screens or check downs.

Nor are all check downs bad.

You've got a long way to go before you make a point.