Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandy5prings

Greg Robinson Struggling With Nfl Playbook

114 posts in this topic

Atlanta fan base critiquing other franchises lol

That's like Waffle House critiquing the way Old Homestead makes a steak

And a so-called Falcons fan, criticizing their team everyday, always going out of their way to find negatives inside positives and then lambasting fans for daring to hope is any better?

That's sounds like a troll who's gone off his meds that doesn't realize he's a troll.

Oh is that what's happening here? I guess I'm having trouble following the posts...can you clear it up?

Was the "bringing down another player" when everyone said something like "most rookies struggle"?

Was it when some posters said "he'll be fine"

Or was it when OP said Robinson could turn into a dominant player?

Yep. Look at all those people shitting all over everyone else. Totally unlike Capt Coconut Oil literally making **** up to tear down players on his favorite team. Or you spinning everything negative when its inside the four walls of this franchise.

It's not an issue of following posts but more about reading comprehension and deciphering author intent.

And a so-called Falcons fan, criticizing their team everyday, always going out of their way to find negatives inside positives and then lambasting fans for daring to hope is any better?

That's sounds like a troll who's gone off his meds that doesn't realize he's a troll.

That's a fan being a fan

constructive criticism is a key for improvement

teach and educate likes this

One of my favorite things are the studies that show that internet trolls are sociopaths and show signs of sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism.

That's a bad thing by the way.

So that's a non-answer. Cool.

It's the same concept as the people putting up threads saying how much Russel Wilson sucks after he just won a Superbowl.

One of my favorite things are the studies that show that internet trolls are sociopaths and show signs of sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism.

link?

It's the same concept as the people putting up threads saying how much Russel Wilson sucks after he just won a Superbowl.

link?

He is a good quarterback. Thats about it.

Yeah, I've read that.

Anyone who's like Swift, who spends years (literally) posting daily negativity about a team he claims to like, can't be sane.

Truth hurts sometimes. Matt Ryan is not mobile. that is a fact. Jake Matthews will struggle this year like most rookie Tackles do and then add in the fact he is transitioning from a mobile QB who can escape sacks to a QB that has much as athletic ability as Jay Adams

You're just making **** up. Blocking for a mobile QB is much more stressful on a OLman than a traditional pocket passer. Matt has always been good at getting rid of the ball fast and avoiding sacks, last year the line just completely fell apart. Matthews is better than anyone we've had on the lines in years. Just stop dude. I wish I could say you are embarrassing yourself, but you've been an embarrassment since conception.

"Greg Robinson Struggling with NFL Playbook"

Is Greg Robinson a Falcon? That's all you need to know.

Exactly.

The homertrolls are salivating over the prospect of Robinson busting so they can claim "NOT TD's FAULT" if Jake busts as well.

And if he doesn't, why, one hit with the #6 pick COMPLETELY wipes out TD's putrid OL drafting record.

It's not an issue of following posts but more about reading comprehension and deciphering author intent.

Yep, its definitely better to judge a given discussion based on your preconceived notions after reading the thread topic.

I mean, why fool around with the substance when you can **** on Falcons?

To get this thread back on track, the Greg Robinson issue is pertinent because there was speculation that with Fisher's ties to the Matthews Family that he would go after Jake. Robinson will be a beast, but he definitely wasn't as polished as Jake. Robinson might be more talented, but we needed a draft pick that could make an instant impact at Tackle, not a project tackle that starts at guard. That doesn't take away from Robinson, who has HOF potential, it just points out that we lucked out that the other HOF potential Tackle fell in our lap, and he happens to be more NFL ready due to his lineage and exposure to the NFL since birth.

I didn't like Robinson over Matthews because he was primarily in an option offense. Not saying that he couldn't learn or be good in a traditional offense, but the learning curve wouldn't be as steep.

You're just making **** up. Blocking for a mobile QB is much more stressful on a OLman than a traditional pocket passer. Matt has always been good at getting rid of the ball fast and avoiding sacks, last year the line just completely fell apart. Matthews is better than anyone we've had on the lines in years. Just stop dude. I wish I could say you are embarrassing yourself, but you've been an embarrassment since conception.

Blocking for mobile Qbs means longer at times to sustain blocks but mobile Qbs can escape pressure when oline misses a block. Just watch some highlight reels of Manziel you will see escape from Manziel where Ryan would have been sacked

Blocking for mobile Qbs means longer at times to sustain blocks but mobile Qbs can escape pressure when oline misses a block. Just watch some highlight reels of Manziel you will see escape from Manziel where Ryan would have been sacked

And you'll see a **** ton of sacks that Matt Ryan never would have taken.

Manziel was responsible for much more of his pressures and sacks than his OL was.

paulitik likes this

To get this thread back on track, the Greg Robinson issue is pertinent because there was speculation that with Fisher's ties to the Matthews Family that he would go after Jake. Robinson will be a beast, but he definitely wasn't as polished as Jake. Robinson might be more talented, but we needed a draft pick that could make an instant impact at Tackle, not a project tackle that starts at guard. That doesn't take away from Robinson, who has HOF potential, it just points out that we lucked out that the other HOF potential Tackle fell in our lap, and he happens to be more NFL ready due to his lineage and exposure to the NFL since birth.

I think this is right. Like I said, this was not a surprise. Robinson was expected to struggle a bit as he moves into an offensive setting thats completely different from what he did in college. What got him drafted was the physical abilities and the rare display of speed/power coordination. He's a huge upside play who needs to learn the fundamentals. I'm not really sure why they'd waste the time on him sliding inside but whatever.

paulitik likes this

And, in most cases, Ryan would have had the ball out of his hand before the sack occurred.

So still waiting:

I'm putting together screenshots for Ryan checkdowns and Hawley poor run blocking . there will be a thread by end of next week. I'll PM you to make sure you don't miss it

Typical Homer behavior.

Attempting to find flaws in Falcons' contemporaries' play in an effort to hide and or protect our own guy's deficiencies.

The homertrolls would loves to see Robinson fail; it gives them a built-in excuse if TD's guy does as well.

What are you talking about. I want every player that's not an Atlanta Falcon to fail.

No it means the QB holds on to the ball longer, because he's trying to make something out of nothing and the tackle has to worry about and account for where his frenetic QB is, as opposed to doing his job on the play.

I guarantee when Vick was our QB, you blamed his mobility for our line problems then.

You know you're just full of crap. Everything you spew is just agenda driven garbage.

constructive criticism is a key for improvement

You're dumber than I thought (and I thought you were pretty dumb). Do you really think ANYONE in the Falcons organization is reading it?

No it means the QB holds on to the ball longer, because he's trying to make something out of nothing and the tackle has to worry about and account for where his frenetic QB is, as opposed to doing his job on the play.

I guarantee when Vick was our QB, you blamed his mobility for our line problems then.

You know you're just full of crap. Everything you spew is just agenda driven garbage.

The biggest problem tackles have blocking for mobile QBs is that when said QB gets all "mobile" they typically create pressure angles that the OT had sealed off. Pass rushers are aiming themselves at a spot, ~7 yards behind center. Thats where they expect to meet a QB. When the QB is consistently inthat spot, the tackle knows how to kick out and develop a smooth, consistent arc. When that "sack target" starts at 7 yards before dropping back to 9 or 10 yards, the tackle can't see it and now the rusher has the advantage by disengaging to the deeper point.

As a tackle, you're effectively trying to stay between the defender and the QB. If you don't know where the QB is, its very difficult to do that without holding or getting beaten.

paulitik likes this