Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandy5prings

Greg Robinson Struggling With Nfl Playbook

114 posts in this topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/22/greg-robinson-stuggles-with-nfl-transition/

“It’s just everything happens faster inside,” Robinson said. “Outside you have a little more time to kick. The guys are faster but these guys are just quick and trained to rush the passer. It’s just about keeping my feet working and knowing when to pull. Right now it’s a lot of thinking going on, it causes me to move a little slower. Once I get up to speed, I can move with the snap count and stuff like that.”

Maybe GRob a.k.a. Biggie Smalls can turn into a dominant player down the line, but immediate impact seems doubtful given that he is admitting himself that the NFL playbook is too hard for him and he is struggling with the transition. The Rams may have the luxury of waiting for a few years though.

http://profootballta...nfl-transition/

Maybe GRob a.k.a. Biggie Smalls can turn into a dominant player down the line, but immediate impact seems doubtful given that he is admitting himself that the NFL playbook is too hard for him and he is struggling with the transition. The Rams may have the luxury of waiting for a few years though.

Nah, I think this the speed and complexity of the pro game is something most rookies have to get used to

I thought this before the draft and still think it today. He's going to be a mauler in the running game. He's going to struggle with pass protection and blitz transitions.

Jake Matthews is going to struggle when he realizes Matt Ryan can't move worth **** in pocket so once he is beat a Johnny Football can't save his *** by escaping sacks and before the tools of AFMB say you do know a mobile QB is harder to block for yes and no they also make your mistakes less glaring

The guy attend Auburn. I considered Auburn too until I realized I already had a high school diploma...

now that's funny

He has the potential to be amazing. Matthews was definitely the smarter pick. We can't let 2013 happen to Matt again. We needed immediate results.

Do you mean staying put was the smarter pick. If both were available do you think TD still takes Mathews. IMO Mathews was the best pick [period for us

Do you mean staying put was the smarter pick. If both were available do you think TD still takes Mathews. IMO Mathews was the best pick [period for us

While I'm glad he stayed put I meant Matthews being the best overall pick for us. I wouldn't be so happy about had he traded up for him though. Nothing against Matthews, just a trade would of really bugged me.

Jake Matthews is going to struggle when he realizes Matt Ryan can't move worth **** in pocket so once he is beat a Johnny Football can't save his *** by escaping sacks and before the tools of AFMB say you do know a mobile QB is harder to block for yes and no they also make your mistakes less glaring

Except the part where Matthews blocked for Manziel as if he were going to stay in the pocket and Johnny often bailed too early and ran into sacks.

nomak and dothan_birdman like this

Why do you hate the Falcons so much?