What Happened To Competing For Every Position?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I came in every day busting my ***," Davis said. "I was doing everything the right way.

"The only thing I thought was I wasn't going to get cut right now. I knew I had to compete for the job, but I thought I would be good through camp. I was no way being arrogant by saying, 'I'm already on the team.' I just had the feeling that, yes, I'm going to be in camp for the Falcons."

Falcons are a joke of a franchise. Clown material

Bum TJ Yates. Going to be following closely this dudes pre season. He better make sure he is on point in pre season

You're the only dumbazz who would even give a dayum about a proven clip board holder. He's had plenty of time to compete for his clip board job. Dude just sucked and his next stop is holding a clip board in arena football and it will take luck to get that.

First Vick, now Davis...why does Blank hate black QBs...

Sarcasm aside, after the Vick fiasco not hard to believe Falcons brass don't want an African American QB on the roster in fear that he would steal attention from Matt Ryan. Pretty apparent after Vick came back to the dome in 2011 with all the Falcon fans wearing Vick jerseys a lot of fans still crave the level of excitement Vick delivered. So it didn't really have anything to do with his capabilities as a quarterback as much as it had to do with the Falcons FO trying to erase the past.

All this biching because we know the entire story right.

Maybe DD wasn't putting in the effort that he said he was. Maybe he gets all the answers wrong in the off field meetings. Maybe he has flaws that we as fans do not get to see on a regular basis. I mean dude sucked... We saw it as fans and the coaches saw it as coaches. Why all the crying?

Sarcasm aside, after the Vick fiasco not hard to believe Falcons brass don't want an African American QB on the roster in fear that he would steal attention from Matt Ryan. Pretty apparent after Vick came back to the dome in 2011 with all the Falcon fans wearing Vick jerseys a lot of fans still crave the level of excitement Vick delivered. So it didn't really have anything to do with his capabilities as a quarterback as much as it had to do with the Falcons FO trying to erase the past.

So it was a racial conspiracy? :lol:

Based on Fibonacci's camp reports. Renfree was outplaying Davis already and getting the second team reps. Personally I saw very little growth from Davis from year 1 to year 2. If there is further stagnation in year 3, thats a big red flag. Now why would we keep him if we already knew he is out of the race? If anything we did the player a favor by giving him a chance at a full training camp with someone else. Also why is everyone revolted over the backup QB spot.

Im convinced that tis board has been highjacked by idiots i.e. Teach and educate and ethos. And truth hurts i hope they aren't out there reproducing.

Agreed. I'm actually more surprised that there's a 4 page thread complaining about lack of competition for a position that hopefully never sees the field anyway.

Davis credited Ryan for helping him grow as a quarterback and setting an example of how to be a true professional. The two were teammates in college as well, when Davis redshirted at Boston College during Ryan's senior campaign.

"Just being an overall leader, being consistent, being a pro on and off the field," Davis said of Ryan's influence. "Just being a blue-collar guy and representing the Falcons, representing your family, and representing yourself. Everything he does, that's what I want to be. That's the platform I'm trying to get on as far as being an NFL quarterback."

Oh good. Well, since this has turned into a discussion about Matt Ryan...

These moves only make sense if the franchise expects to allow Yates to compete for the starting role. I'm sure the rude awakening that was the Matt Schaub experiment in Houston was a wake-up call.

Edited by LotsaPoppa

Falcons are a freaking joke. DD just needed reps with first team and we'd see that he was 1100% better than Theodis J. Yates. Dung. Dung. Dung. I'm tired of supporting a team that lets good backup QBs go. Coach Dung Smith doesn't care about winning. WTF? We'll never get another backup as good as dude was.

[

PAT KIRWAN

NFL Insider

Roster depth key to championships, so it's no surprise Seattle has it

In my opinion there are 13 categories that have to get a positive answer for a team to qualify as having solid roster depth. The first is the backup quarterback. A capable backup QB that can go at least 2-2 in a four-game stretch qualifies as a good backup.

There's a reason the Falcons traded for QB T.J. Yates this week. In 2011 Yates came off the bench and went 4-4 for the Texans, including a playoff win. Atlanta is still trying to get a passing grade for this first question of my roster depth analysis and Yates could be the answer.

"Trading for backup QB T.J. Yates was a shrewd move by the Falcons."

Edited by falcon057