What Happened To Competing For Every Position?

Okay, I was going to let this go after saying my little piece yesterday about releasing Davis but after reading his interview comments posted on ESPN.com

(http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/6142/qb-davis-comes-to-grips-with-fate)

I'm a little more pissed about what the **** are we doing as a team. Smitty has said over and over again that everyone is going to have to compete for their job this year. But after reading the interview article with Davis I see Smitty is full of dung!!! Davis said he found out they traded for TJ and that they told him TJ was going to be the #2 and that he was being released, WTF!! So where is the competition there? Not only was he told we are only going to carry 2 QBs right now we have 4 on the roster which means there is another QB out in the dark who did not know it before but does now & the other one is going to probable get signed to the practice squad. It's a reason why TJ was being released by the Texans but the Falcons are to blind to see it. TJ SUCKS!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I came in every day busting my ***," Davis said. "I was doing everything the right way.

"The only thing I thought was I wasn't going to get cut right now. I knew I had to compete for the job, but I thought I would be good through camp. I was no way being arrogant by saying, 'I'm already on the team.' I just had the feeling that, yes, I'm going to be in camp for the Falcons."

Falcons are a joke of a franchise. Clown material

Bum TJ Yates. Going to be following closely this dudes pre season. He better make sure he is on point in pre season

"I came in every day busting my ***," Davis said. "I was doing everything the right way.

"The only thing I thought was I wasn't going to get cut right now. I knew I had to compete for the job, but I thought I would be good through camp. I was no way being arrogant by saying, 'I'm already on the team.' I just had the feeling that, yes, I'm going to be in camp for the Falcons."

Bum TJ Yates. Going to be following closely this dudes pre season. He better make sure he is on point in pre season

Davis credited Ryan for helping him grow as a quarterback and setting an example of how to be a true professional. The two were teammates in college as well, when Davis redshirted at Boston College during Ryan's senior campaign.

"Just being an overall leader, being consistent, being a pro on and off the field," Davis said of Ryan's influence. "Just being a blue-collar guy and representing the Falcons, representing your family, and representing yourself. Everything he does, that's what I want to be. That's the platform I'm trying to get on as far as being an NFL quarterback."

Yes sir, TJ better be ready for the preseason or its gonna be ugly and lots of questions for Smitty and TD

Davis credited Ryan for helping him grow as a quarterback and setting an example of how to be a true professional. The two were teammates in college as well, when Davis redshirted at Boston College during Ryan's senior campaign.

"Just being an overall leader, being consistent, being a pro on and off the field," Davis said of Ryan's influence. "Just being a blue-collar guy and representing the Falcons, representing your family, and representing yourself. Everything he does, that's what I want to be. That's the platform I'm trying to get on as far as being an NFL quarterback."

Ryan is a leader. Everything Davis said was 100% accurate. I mean I wouldn't think he would call him a noodle arm playoff failure lol

Ryan is a leader. Everything Davis said was 100% accurate. I mean I wouldn't think he would call him a noodle arm playoff failure lol

LOL yeah your right and he said all the right things while getting ready to leave the team. Davis also gave us an idea of what the Falcons think about TJ. So if TJ stinks to high **** this preseason, whose fault is it??

I think TJ has the greater potential but I agree with you about the FO. I was high on DD. Think the FO has to pull their heads outta their azz. It is frustrating to have this FO.

Maybe, just maybe, Davis looked really really bad?

He lost the competition. TJ is competing with Renfree

I guess you did not read the article. Davis was told the Falcons informed him that TJ being brought in to be the #2 QB and that they are only going to carry 2 QBs this year! Where is the competition?

TJ's fault ?

No sir its not TJ's fault! Its Smitty and TDs fault! Don't blow wind between my legs and say everyone is going to have to compete to play then turn around and hand a job to someone who was not even on the team last year. That's all I'm saying. If we are going to compete then do so. I'd rather them say TJ out played Davis and we had to let him go than just hand TJ the job?

Falcons are a freaking joke. DD just needed reps with first team and we'd see that he was 1100% better than Theodis J. Yates. Dung. Dung. Dung. I'm tired of supporting a team that lets good backup QBs go. Coach Dung Smith doesn't care about winning. WTF? We'll never get another backup as good as dude was.

I guess you did not read the article. Davis was told the Falcons informed him that TJ being brought in to be the #2 QB and that they are only going to carry 2 QBs this year! Where is the competition?

Other reports say that TJ are competing with Renfree - Davis could be right though. Renfree would have a hard time beating TJ for the back up spot. After all, TJ does have experience in the league ..