Hawks Turn In The Loveshack

WOR

Per sportscenter.

Post draft trade.

Love/dieng for Horford/Lou

I for one would LOVE this trade. I was huge on dieng last year. A good defensive big man to pair with Love.

That team would be title contenders. Perhaps a Kyle Anderson at 15? McDaniels for defense.

Woo that'd be something

they have to, we can't stay in middle ground forever

Think so to because even though the Heat lost the Finals, I think that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh/Melo will be back and still contenders.

Pacers will still be the Pacers, the Bulls could make a comeback if they were to get Melo along with a young Wizards team getting better.

The Hawks need to do something to shake things up a bit.

Horford is tricky. Id want a wing in return, and I haven't heard of any on the market.

Of course Deng has been floated around but im not sure I'd be cool with that.

I'm not sure I'd pull the trigger but you can probably sign and trade for Hayward and Kanter or someone similar. But Kanter isn't a defensive guy. Id pull a Horford, Lou, and 5 for Hayward and favors.

Horford is tricky. Id want a wing in return, and I haven't heard of any on the market.

Of course Deng has been floated around but im not sure I'd be cool with that.

I'm not sure I'd pull the trigger but you can probably sign and trade for Hayward and Kanter or someone similar. But Kanter isn't a defensive guy. Id pull a Horford, Lou, and 5 for Hayward and favors.

Hayward and Favors would be good additions.

Do the Hawks have enough money to go after someone like a Greg Monroe?

No way Minny makes that trade. Not trading best PF in league for that return.Their not giving away a productive rookie center on a cheap contract, not to mention good centers are hard to come by in this league. Not for an injury prone power forward and having to take on Lou Williams contract. I think Minny is flirting with GS so they can coup more assets from Ainge when they trade Love on draft day. Celtics offer if it is legit is by far the best of any i've seen thus far. The Hawks offer is a trade someone would make on NBA 2K14.

My thing with Horford is his impact compared to what he could bring back. I'd be happy with trading him for a cheap defensive guy and a stud wing. Millsap can handle the majority of the post scoring.

I don't think i'd mind that WOR, but like you said it would depend on the return. Horford is better than anything outside of the top 3 picks in the 2014 NBA draft. I'd prefer to keep Horford and try to reel in a stud wing via FA. Would be great to sign that wing and bring in a backup center to bolster our frontcourt depth by using the MLE. To me that's a much improved roster that can contend in the East.

I don't think i'd mind that WOR, but like you said it would depend on the return. Horford is better than anything outside of the top 3 picks in the 2014 NBA draft. I'd prefer to keep Horford and try to reel in a stud wing via FA. Would be great to sign that wing and bring in a backup center to bolster our frontcourt depth by using the MLE. To me that's a much improved roster that can contend in the East.

I agree with you there. I only have two reservations. First is that there are only 2 really good SF options that are attainable IMO, Deng and Gay. Id be happy with Deng, but gay has the jumpshot hole in his game and he'd probably cost a pretty penny. My second thing is Millsap is a FA next year, Horford the year after that. We have to choose between them. I think Horford is worth more in a trade and his injury history makes me worry long term. So I'd deal Horford. I haven't heard much on the Internet about available SGs which is why I can't really put him in a scenario. If the Knicks had a cheap Center prospect I'd trade him to them for that center and Shumpert. Same thing with Hayward but then you're looking at Kanter.

I might just do that to fill the hole at SG and roll with it knowing in my scenario Horford is the odd man out anyway. Id be fine with rolling with an average Center rotation until we can get a great defender there or Nogs is ready. The Knicks have cap space Iirc so I might just trade him for shumpert and future draft picks. The value isn't the best, but it helps us out and gives us cap space to sign a decent stop gap center this year.

Let's just say it looks like this after the trade and draft.

Teague, schroeder

shumpert, Korver

Deng, Carroll, Anderson/warren/mcdaniels

Millsap, Hill? Nogs

Hawes? Hill? Nogs, antic

I think that team is better than what we put out there last year with a lot of potential for all star level play for the next few years.

You can def build a team around Teague, shumpert, pick 15 SF, Milsap and Nogs. Schroeder or Teague next year can bring you back another high pick and youre looking pretty good 2-3 years from now.