So, Do You Guys Agree With Vick That He Started The Dual Threat Qb Revolution?

Big Bubba

I..............................don't know.

He had blazing speed and a big arm. Just don't think he was the forefather of dual threat qb. He was a link in a chain. Dual threat qbs happened before Vick, during Vick and after Vick.

Once the older guys retire, Peyton, Eli, Brady, Rivers, Palmer, Romo.. the majority of the league will have qbs capable of burning a defense by land or by air.

Just seems like all the Qbs coming out these days are atheletic as h3ll. With the exception of Gabbert and Glennon in recent years.

I..............................don't know.

He had blazing speed and a big arm. Just don't think he was the forefather of dual threat qb. He was a link in a chain. Dual threat qbs happened before Vick, during Vick and after Vick.

Once the older guys retire, Peyton, Eli, Brady, Rivers, Palmer, Romo.. the majority of the league will have qbs capable of burning a defense by land or by air.

Just seems like all the Qbs coming out these days are atheletic as h3ll. With the exception of Gabbert and Glennon and Ryan in recent years.

He said that? Guess he never heard of Randell Cunningham or Kordell Stewart. Or Steve Smith for that matter. Poor guy, he's just as dumb as the last day he was drowning dogs.rolleyes.gif

He said that? Guess he never heard of Randell Cunningham or Kordell Stewart. Or Steve Smith for that matter. Poor guy, he's just as dumb as the last day he was drowning dogs.rolleyes.gif

Yep. He is taking credit.

Jets quarterback Michael Vick knows he’s far from the only running quarterback in the NFL these days, but he wants to be remembered as the one who started the trend toward quarterbacks who can beat defenses with their legs as well as their arms.

“I was the guy who started it all,” Vick told ESPN.com. “I revolutionized the game. I changed the way it was played in the NFL.”

It’s not quite correct to say that Vick started it all: Although Vick is the NFL’s all-time leader in rushing yards for a quarterback (5,857) and yards per carry (7.1), there were other good running quarterbacks before Vick came along, including Bobby Douglass, Randall Cunningham, Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb. But whether he was the one who started it all or not, Vick has a lot to be proud of.

“The things I’ve done, I’ve pretty much surpassed myself and expectations — over 25,000 yards in total offense in the NFL, and I missed a lot of years and a lot of games,” he said. “That’s more the reason I have to keep it going.”

I liked Culpepper. Before his injury he was pretty dam good. His mind was gone though after the first few injuries, he started to play scared. I will give Vick credit, after his countless injuries, he never really played scared. He still went balls to the wall on every play.

As a quarterback he couldn't pass very well but he's quite possibly the stupidest man to ever play in the NFL, so there's that.

If he didn't have the off-the-field troubles and he didn't go to jail.. He would still be the golden boy of the Falcons. Both his reputation and the Falcons popularity would be through the roof. A Vick with a good reputation would've led the Falcons to worldwide popularity. The guy was that big of a star before he screwed it all up.

Bobby Taylor? Fran Tarkenton?

I think when it works, it's great, but honestly, I have never seen a dual threat QB last long playing that style and be successful. Too many injuries in the nfl with that style. Most transition to pocket Qbs or are relegated to back up roles. Enough hits and you will see Cam not running as much either.

Vick was a great scrambler and could take off on a D the way a running back would so he was a threat just not much in the passing game. He couldn't really beat you with his arm alone and that's where his limit has been his entire career. Not to mention as a QB you have to know how to slide, he's not very big and he takes way too much contact. I do however think he made people look at the QB position a little differently, he wasn't the first QB who could scramble but he was the first QB we saw with that kind of speed and athleticism imo. Defenses didn't know how to deal with a QB who had to be somewhat respected for his arm but could really tear you up on the ground. Today we see guys like Wilson, Kaep, Cam, and RG3 who can not only run but pass as well, what the league proved back in vicks glory days is that it will adapt to anything and as a QB you better be looking to pass first, running with the ball shouldn't be your first thought once the ball is snapped.

Vick was a great scrambler and could take off on a D the way a running back would so he was a threat just not much in the passing game. He couldn't really beat you with his arm alone and that's where his limit has been his entire career. Not to mention as a QB you have to know how to slide, he's not very big and he takes way too much contact. I do however think he made people look at the QB position a little differently, he wasn't the first QB who could scramble but he was the first QB we saw with that kind of speed and athleticism imo. Defenses didn't know how to deal with a QB who had to be somewhat respected for his arm but could really tear you up on the ground. Today we see guys like Wilson, Kaep, Cam, and RG3 who can not only run but pass as well, what the league proved back in vicks glory days is that it will adapt to anything and as a QB you better be looking to pass first, running with the ball shouldn't be your first thought once the ball is snapped.

I was with you until you went Kaep and pass well in the same sentence .. ..

Vick is a dumshit!

Randall Cunningham was the original dual threat!

No, it was Sir Francis Tarkenton, then Steve Young, then Cunningham, with a few others a bit less popular sprinkled in there. What it does, is show what a dumbass Vick is, and how little he knows about the history of the game.

No, it was Sir Francis Tarkenton, then Steve Young, then Cunningham, with a few others a bit less popular sprinkled in there. What it does, is show what a dumbass Vick is, and how little he knows about the history of the game.

I corrected myself

Dam! How could I have forgotten about Fran Tarkenton!?