N.b.a. Draft And Hawks Workout Thread

WOR

The draft is June 26th. Not far off.

Im only posting the workouts for the Hawks as I don't have all the time in the world lol. If you see anything else interesting, please share.

HAWKS WORKOUTS

• Tyler Ennis- PG
  • Doug Mcdermott-SF
  • Elfrid Payton-PG
  • Dario Saric-F
  • Kyle Anderson-Point Forward. Twice from what I hear
  • Rodney Hood- SF
  • Glen Robinson III- SF
  • PJ Hairston-SG
  • TJ Warren-SF/PF
  • Deandre Daniels
  • Johny O'Bryant-PF/C
  • Jarnell Stokes-PF
  • Jahii Carson- PG
  • Justin Jackson-F
  • Billy Baron- PG
  • Langston Hall-G
  • Nick Johnson-G
  • Jerelle Benimon- PF
  • Walter Tavares-7'3" Center

I don't feel like putting a link for all of them so if you want more info, http://search.draftexpress.com, just search for the prospect here.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are some interesting prospects and Kyle Anderson getting two looks is intriguing as well. I know he played point guard with UCLA but I'm clueless to his overall game.

People call him a Diaw clone. He's a bit slow and that hurts his driving ability and defense, but he is long. He very talented, and some say he is more methodical than slow. Of course Bud has coached Diaw, so if anyone knows how to use Anderson, its us. Deandre Daniels also received two workouts.

From this list, it looks like we may not be looking to move up IMO, And even if were were, the highest I think we would go is that number 8 spot. I'm surprised James Young was not on this list

Well I know I have seen some sites mock him to us but maybe these are the guys they are really interested in or just holding the cards close until the draft.

Walter Tavares worked out for the Atlanta Hawks on Friday per report

By Kris Willis@Kris_Willis on Jun 21 2014, 8:00a

The Atlanta Hawks hosted the biggest player in the draft in Walter Tavares for a draft workout on Friday per reports.

The Atlanta Hawks held a draft workout with center Walter Tavares on Friday per a report from Michael Scotto of Sheridan Hoops. Tavares is the largest player available in the draft standing at 7'3" and has a 9'10" standing reach.

Tavares is currently projected to be picked 31st in DraftExpress' current mock draft. He spent the 2014 season playing in the Spanish ACB for Gran Canaria where he averaged 6.0 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in just over 21 minutes. The Spanish ACB was the same league that 2013 Draftees Mike Muscala and Lucas Nogueira played this season.

Tavares is 22 years old and older than many of the other draft prospects but he hasn't been playing basketball long and made great strides this season. His sheer size will turn many heads around the NBA and likely make him an interesting second round prospect. Here is a look at his DraftExpress scouting report: http://search.draftexpress.com/profile/Walter-Tavares-48916/

http://atlallday.com...nba-draft-mock/

The Hawks like international players and Nurkic would be a strong possibility if he’s here. They’d also take a long look at Saric if he falls this far, though waiting two years might scare them away

Kyle Anderson is another strong possibility here. Head coach Mike Budenholzer got to see first-hand how the Spurs used Boris Diaw. Anderson is the closest thing we’ve seen to him since Diaw entered the league, and the word is the Hawks are very high on him.

However, the Hawks are also not completely sold on Jeff Teague and could explore the market for him this summer. That’s led to them to take long looks at both Shabazz Napier and Payton at No. 15 if something materializes in the next few days. Napier, especially, seems to have gained momentum in workouts the past few weeks and sources say he’s moved into a strong possibility in Atlanta.

I found this very interesting:

Jabari Parker - F - Player

Jabari Parker may have "tanked" his workout with the Cavs over the weekend, a source told Chad Ford of ESPN.com.

The "Sorry for Jabari" tanking storyline just took an interesting turn here. Parker reportedly came into the workout weighing in at a hefty 255 pounds, which is well above his listed playing weight of 235. CBS Sports reported that the Cavs are leaning to Parker, but maybe this will dissuade them after last year's massive letdown with out-of-shape Anthony Bennett.

Source: ESPN.com

Lol at these guys being the next class of superstars. Id still take Parker but ****. Wiggins isn't good around the rim and doesn't have the best moves. Parker seems to have mental issues. Embid is... Embid.

I understand tanking the workout by not shooting well etc., but How do you 'tank' a workout by being fat though?

I guess Parker and his representatives took notice on how their 1st overall pick last year Bennett was overweight and struggled a lot last season because of it.

They probably did it to scare them away from drafting him because of that experience.

It just seems extremely odd though.

I guess Parker and his representatives took notice on how their 1st overall pick last year Bennett was overweight and struggled a lot last season because of it.

They probably did it to scare them away from drafting him because of that experience.

It just seems extremely odd though.

So I guess it was anywhere but Cleveland.