Sorry.........i A M That Optimistic

I'm optimistic for the 2014 Falcon season for many reasons.

1) Matt Ryan

2) An awesome receiver Corps.

3) A VERY awesome 2014 Draft.........guys like Matthews, Hageman, Freeman, Southward, Shembo, ..........even Allen, Spruill, Smallwood, & Starr.

4) Our new FA's..........all of 'em. Each one will make a very positive difference.

The new position coaches, all highly qualified and motivated.

Total DEDICATION to a winning season............putting 2013's bitter taste in the past forever.

I know........MUCH can, and will happen between now and Sept. 7 but.................

I'M OPTIMISTIC !!!!!!!!!!

So there !!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given this regime's demonstrated ability to hire coordinators, on what do you base that? Tice's success with the Bears?

Change isn't better by default.

Uh............go peddle your negative defeatist arguments somewhere else............I'm not interested in playing Tit for Tat.

Sorry.

Given this regime's demonstrated ability to hire coordinators, on what do you base that? Tice's success with the Bears?

Change isn't better by default.

You don't think Tice and Cox are upgrades ? Tice inherited a horrible situation in CHI, their problems were a result of personnel not coaching. I mean chit, Roberto Garza was their best player on that O line. Tice is a former player, HC and coordinator and is known as a motivational coach that players respect .....

I'm sorry I think too many TATFers put way too much hope in coaches. HCs, OCs, DCs and position coaches. How quickly we forget how TATFers raved about Hill being our new Oline coach. Where is he now? Remember when Nolan was gonna be our savior? He's fielded some sorry as Falcon defenses. Nolan was DeCoud's DC on that 2014 Jimmy Graham pinball whiff play. I believe it's more about personnel (Dimi) but most about execution. I still subscribe to the Dan Reeves theory: The coaches can call the plays but the players have to execute em. Tice and Cox might have to suit up if we start seeing some of the same shoddy as execution from Dimi's players.

Guest Principal

My optimism will begin week 1 + 1 day if we beat NO. That'll be when we know we've turned a corner. We lose, I'll expect about the same as the past 44 years and feel like FFS1970

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Remember back when you had a life?

No, probably not.

30,000 posts on a football messageboard lmfao

Remember back when you had a life?

No, probably not.

30,000 posts on a football messageboard lmfao

I know you guys don't like it, but he has a point. Imagine all the productive things you all could do with the time you spend on here.

I know you guys don't like it, but he has a point. Imagine all the productive things you all could do with the time you spend on here.

what if I told you alot of these posts from us come from game day and free time at work. Also during preseason as well. I know alot of others just simply have nothing better to do but I'm willing to guarantee that's where a ton of people's posts come from. Plus people that have been here for years, it adds up. You can easily get 200 on game day

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

what if I told you alot of these posts from us come from game day and free time at work. Also during preseason as well. I know alot of others just simply have nothing better to do but I'm willing to guarantee that's where a ton of people's posts come from. Plus people that have been here for years, it adds up. You can easily get 200 on game day

Yea I understand, I don't even have 800 posts but recently cut down the time I spend on here, when I realized how much time it was wasting. So I might just be speaking about myself.

Yea I understand, I don't even have 800 posts but recently cut down the time I spend on here, when I realized how much time it was wasting. So I might just be speaking about myself.

speaking for myself. I work at a place where I have to see in a roll of fabric every 30-45 minutes. I have nothing to do between time and I'm allowed to step right outside of the door and watch my job. During that time I pull out my phone and browse the net. If there are alot of good discussions going on here, I'll post throughout the day. If there is nothing but troll material and whining I'll just lurk. During GameDay and the week leading up to it is when most of my posts come, also Saturday and Sunday morning when I'm the only one woke and don't want to play my ps4 or watch TV. It doesn't mean you're wasting your life away online. It's different for everyone though. Doesn't mean you have no life or anything, that's why I laugh everytime I read those posts