We Should Have Kept Decoud.

2011- 4 Interceptions / 73 Solo Tackles / 19 Assist Tackles / Started all 16 Games.

2012- 6 Interceptions / 62 Solo Tackles / 14 Assist Tackles / Started All 16 Games.

2013- 0 interceptions / 44 Solo Tackles / 21 Assist Tackles / Started 15 out of 16 Games.

I will admit that I was on the hate bandwagon for DeCoud. Thomas DeCoud was one of the best FS in 2011. In 2012 Thomas DeCoud was in the top five DB. Now we hit 2013 and it was just a train wreck of a season, was no where near the top 30 DBs. There was a lot and I mean a lot of changes in the 2013 season. New CBs, a none existing DL, Injuries, and average LBs. DeCoud knowing this probably try to do more than he could, which is why he was always out of place, he was being force to basically make every tackle on every play because no else could do. I believe DeCoud was judged unfairly, he got a lot of hate for trying to pick up other people's slack, but ended up getting burned on his part. Now we look at this season, our line has IMPROVED big time. With this line, and knowing that the CBs could ball, DeCoud could have put up numbers like he did in 2012, most likely better. Even if he played like his 2013 season, would could have used the 2015 draft 1st or 2nd pick to just get a Safety.

Should have kept DeCoud...Thoughts?

Edit*

Forgot people from the South/Falcon Fans don't know Math and Numbers. Sorry.

Side Note...they also don't know how to read, they seem to just read the Title.

Edited by Captain America

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he can't defend or intercept a ball in the air. He also doesn't tackle well or take good angles.

The DL can help partially with the angles and tackling because he wouldn't have to do it as much.

The DL can't help him find the ball in the air and then deflect it. That issue he had with his game last year had nothing to do with changes.

he was being force to basically make every tackle on every play because no else could do.

Which would be fine for him if he actually made any of those tackles.

I didn't want to cut Decoud this year, for the record. However last year was inexcusable for a safety, he needed to go if for no other reason than to get that image of him flying around people without touching them or getting pushed around like a ragdoll away from the team. We wanted to get tougher and meaner and unfortunately for Decoud he didn't fit with that ideal anymore.

Our safety tandem was supposed to be one of the best in the league last year. Instead of being hit by injuries like the OL, DL, WR, CB, and LB positions, our free safety was healthy and still was a liability when we needed somebody to step up. No disrespect at all to DeCoud, but he had a chance to show that he was a stud and he didn't do enough to keep him around. Now, I'll be pizzed off if he steps up in Carolina, but I won't look back at letting him go.

Cutting DeCoud was one of my favorite 2014 Dimi moves. Dude was a sad excuse for a safety and is nowhere near, big, strong, tough or gritty. My only regret is they didn't let me drive that mofo up to the North Carolina state line and drop him off. We can only go up from where he was last year. Now if someone could post up a GIF of the Jimmy Graham 2014 pinball whiff that would be cool.

2011- 4 Interceptions / 73 Solo Tackles / 19 Assist Tackles / Started all 16 Games.

2012- 6 Interceptions / 62 Solo Tackles / 14 Assist Tackles / Started All 16 Games.

2013- 0 interceptions / 44 Solo Tackles / 21 Assist Tackles / Started 15 out of 16 Games.

I will admit that I was on the hate bandwagon for DeCoud. Thomas DeCoud was one of the best FS in 2011. In 2012 Thomas DeCoud was in the top five DB. Now we hit 2013 and it was just a train wreck of a season, was no where near the top 30 DBs. There was a lot and I mean a lot of changes in the 2013 season. New CBs, a none existing DL, Injuries, and average LBs. DeCoud knowing this probably try to do more than he could, which is why he was always out of place, he was being force to basically make every tackle on every play because no else could do. I believe DeCoud was judged unfairly, he got a lot of hate for trying to pick up other people's slack, but ended up getting burned on his part. Now we look at this season, our line has IMPROVED big time. With this line, and knowing that the CBs could ball, DeCoud could have put up numbers like he did in 2012, most likely better. Even if he played like his 2013 season, would could have used the 2015 draft 1st or 2nd pick to just get a Safety.

Should have kept DeCoud...Thoughts?

Edit*

Forgot people from the South/Falcon Fans don't know Math and Numbers. Sorry.

Side Note...they also don't know how to read, they seem to just read the Title.

We're not the ones that cut DeCoud.

The coaching staff and front office did this after looking over all the film and knowing exactly what his assignments were.

Maybe you should ask them why they decided to cut him.

Stats can say pretty much what you want them to say.

Too many of DeCoud's tackles were after substantial gains.

Time to focus on the Atlanta Falcons, of which DeCoud is no longer a part.

This is when the season is dead...what else is there to talk about? How Matt Ryan can't [some stupid subject]