Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Sorry That I'm Not Optimistic

559 posts in this topic

What exactly does this prove? You haven't talked football in this thread you've talked expectations and confidence. What do you want us to do, abandon all hope next time you say we won't do well in a season?

It doesn't take a genius to preach doom and gloom and then be proven right, especially when any thing less than winning the super bowl is regarded as a failure by many on here.

There are 32 teams in the league and only 1 wins championship - so the odds of failure are very high. Predicting that failure and claiming that it proves you at knowledgeable when it happens, is like claiming to be able to tell the future because you knew that your neighbour wasn't going to win the lottery this week.

OP, you did it all wrong. You were most optimistic when previous owners trotted mediocre or worse coaches and players out year after year. Notice the negative win-loss records of nearly all the previous coaches? Notice the lack of Falcons in the Hall of Fame?

So you hang in there through all of that but now you want to hop off? It doesn't take "rose colored glasses" to see that your franchise was literally one of the very worst historically in the history of the game and since this new regime took over it has bean at or near the top for all but a couple disappointing seasons. Back to back winning seasons became a thing, best record in the league became a thing, a franchise quarterback, a new stadium, HOF players wanting to play for your team, but NOW is the time to hop off???? That makes no sense.

What exactly does this prove? You haven't talked football in this thread you've talked expectations and confidence. What do you want us to do, abandon all hope next time you say we won't do well in a season?

I mentioned in this thread the Falcons would go 7-9 or 8-8. Looks like even that was too optimistic. All I want is to not be called a fool, ect.

It doesn't take a genius to preach doom and gloom and then be proven right, especially when any thing less than winning the super bowl is regarded as a failure by many on here.

There are 32 teams in the league and only 1 wins championship - so the odds of failure are very high. Predicting that failure and claiming that it proves you at knowledgeable when it happens, is like claiming to be able to tell the future because you knew that your neighbour wasn't going to win the lottery this week.

You can have a successful season without winning the Super Bowl. I have mentioned that on here. But after 7 years of building a team your expectations change to where anything less than a Super Bowl is a failure. Especially when the Falcons are sitting at 2-5 after going 4-12 last year.

OP, you did it all wrong. You were most optimistic when previous owners trotted mediocre or worse coaches and players out year after year. Notice the negative win-loss records of nearly all the previous coaches? Notice the lack of Falcons in the Hall of Fame?

So you hang in there through all of that but now you want to hop off? It doesn't take "rose colored glasses" to see that your franchise was literally one of the very worst historically in the history of the game and since this new regime took over it has bean at or near the top for all but a couple disappointing seasons. Back to back winning seasons became a thing, best record in the league became a thing, a franchise quarterback, a new stadium, HOF players wanting to play for your team, but NOW is the time to hop off???? That makes no sense.

I never stopped being a fan of this franchise so I have no idea what you're talking about. Talk to someone else.

I'm sorry that I'm not super optimistic about the Atlanta Falcons like 95 percent of the homers on this message board are. I used to be like you guys, every year, "this is the year the Falcons finally win the Super Bowl. I just feel it's going to be that special year." Sorry if years of constant disappointment have made me jaded. It's just the way it is. I have completely lost all belief with this regime and they're now going to have to prove it to me on the field before I believe in them again.

Call me whatever the heIl you want, question my fan hood all you want, I don't care. My confidence and belief in this regime is at zero and I'm going to have to see them prove it on the field before they gain it back. That just makes me realistic. The rose colored glasses are off.

I never stopped being a fan of this franchise so I have no idea what you're talking about. Talk to someone else.

Yeah, I am way off. You sound like a super fan. Thanks for the doom and gloom posts though.

I mentioned in this thread the Falcons would go 7-9 or 8-8. Looks like even that was too optimistic. All I want is to not be called a fool, ect.

Cookie ?

cry.gif

Yeah, I am way off. You sound like a super fan. Thanks for the doom and gloom posts though.

So because I don't believe in the people running the team that means I'm no longer a fan?