Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Sorry That I'm Not Optimistic

559 posts in this topic

I'm sorry that I'm not super optimistic about the Atlanta Falcons like 95 percent of the homers on this message board are. I used to be like you guys, every year, "this is the year the Falcons finally win the Super Bowl. I just feel it's going to be that special year." Sorry if years of constant disappointment have made me jaded. It's just the way it is. I have completely lost all belief with this regime and they're now going to have to prove it to me on the field before I believe in them again.

Call me whatever the heIl you want, question my fan hood all you want, I don't care. My confidence and belief in this regime is at zero and I'm going to have to see them prove it on the field before they gain it back. That just makes me realistic. The rose colored glasses are off.

don't let us get to you. There is some things I believe in. and one was saying how I saw Tony as a security blanket and how I did not like him that much.

me and tuggle went at it in threads. and people slammed the heck out of me. but I stuck to my guns and I still feel that way.

it's all about being yourself. Find your idenity and don't let anyone get to you. you see something one way, then don't feel you have to change............... BUT do listen to others and just see if they are saying anything that is right. I say that because Swift and a few others have shown me things. and if I stayed to thinking they were trolls I would still be a homer thinking our line was amazing.

Hey man it's cool! Absolutely nothing wrong with stating your opinion/outlook and a lot of the people here constantly rip someone for simply stating their opinion. You have your opinion, I have mine, the next guy has his. Nothing wrong with that. What it all comes down to is that we're all Falcons fans and simply want a Super Bowl win whether it be Player A starting at this position while Player B is starting at that position or if it's actually Player C starting in this position and Player D starting in the position that most people thought that Player E would be starting at.

Personally I'm just super excited to actually watch a team, that I think, will actually put on a good show this year. Last year was an absolute trainwreck and the Saints/Rams/Dolphins/Patriots games were more than enough to give us an insight as to what was about to come.

Realistically, I don't see us winning a Super Bowl this year because there's 31 other teams fighting for the same thing. Maybe not even win 2 playoff games this year, maybe not even make the playoffs, or maybe be fighting for 3rd place in the division this year. I never know what is to come and I've never been one to say "Super bowl year" or "Our defense will for sure be top 10!"

Who knows what will happen this season, for good or for bad, right now I'm just ready to watch some Falcons football in the Fall.

mastershake and cjasu04 like this

So someone who is optimistic about their favorite team is now labeled a "homer." I stopped reading after that.

STFU!!!!!

No. A homer is someone who thinks everything will go perfectly for the Falcons this season and that they'll win the Super Bowl as a result or everything going perfectly.

I'm sorry that I'm not super optimistic about the Atlanta Falcons like 95 percent of the homers on this message board are. I used to be like you guys, every year, "this is the year the Falcons finally win the Super Bowl. I just feel it's going to be that special year." Sorry if years of constant disappointment have made me jaded. It's just the way it is. I have completely lost all belief with this regime and they're now going to have to prove it to me on the field before I believe in them again.

Call me whatever the heIl you want, question my fan hood all you want, I don't care. My confidence and belief in this regime is at zero and I'm going to have to see them prove it on the field before they gain it back. That just makes me realistic. The rose colored glasses are off.

I seriously haven't seen a single person here saying we're going to a super bowl in 2014....

and ok

Borat and Aggressive Pacifist! like this

Hey man it's cool! Absolutely nothing wrong with stating your opinion/outlook and a lot of the people here constantly rip someone for simply stating their opinion. You have your opinion, I have mine, the next guy has his. Nothing wrong with that. What it all comes down to is that we're all Falcons fans and simply want a Super Bowl win whether it be Player A starting at this position while Player B is starting at that position or if it's actually Player C starting in this position and Player D starting in the position that most people thought that Player E would be starting at.

Personally I'm just super excited to actually watch a team, that I think, will actually put on a good show this year. Last year was an absolute trainwreck and the Saints/Rams/Dolphins/Patriots games were more than enough to give us an insight as to what was about to come.

Realistically, I don't see us winning a Super Bowl this year because there's 31 other teams fighting for the same thing. Maybe not even win 2 playoff games this year, maybe not even make the playoffs, or maybe be fighting for 3rd place in the division this year. I never know what is to come and I've never been one to say "Super bowl year" or "Our defense will for sure be top 10!"

Who knows what will happen this season, for good or for bad, right now I'm just ready to watch some Falcons football in the Fall.

I hope they put on a good show this year. It would be nice to be able to watch the games and enjoy watching them instead of holding my breath while watching them.

It's cool to have an opinion. God bless everybody who has one. It's kind of silly to cry because the front office sees things differently than you do. After following a team for most of its existence and not seeing back-to-back winning seasons for most of that time, I'm happy to have any expectations of success. Even if they may be lowered due to roster moves that I might not like.

Football is entertainment. I watch it because it entertains me. If it's not fun or exciting, I suggest that there are other sports leagues that you'll enjoy. You don't have to be a homer to be excited for the upcoming season. And you don't have to be a d*ck to suggest that anybody who's not pissing and moaning about it is a homer.

I seriously haven't seen a single person here saying we're going to a super bowl in 2014....

and ok

Probably not that far but there's been numerous posts about how the Falcons are going to be back this year and will finally own the Saints, blah, blah, blah. Like I said, believe it when I see it. This may be a new calender year but right now the Falcons are still a team that's won just 5 of their last 19 games that have counted.

No. A homer is someone who thinks everything will go perfectly for the Falcons this season and that they'll win the Super Bowl as a result or everything going perfectly.

I don't think any of us actually believe everything will go perfectly. We still have no pass rush in theory... unless someone like Mass breaks the mould or Hageman busts out in a DE role somehow.

It's cool to have an opinion. God bless everybody who has one. It's kind of silly to cry because the front office sees things differently than you do. After following a team for most of its existence and not seeing back-to-back winning seasons for most of that time, I'm happy to have any expectations of success. Even if they may be lowered due to roster moves that I might not like.

Football is entertainment. I watch it because it entertains me. If it's not fun or exciting, I suggest that there are other sports leagues that you'll enjoy. You don't have to be a homer to be excited for the upcoming season. And you don't have to be a d*ck to suggest that anybody who's not pissing and moaning about it is a homer.

I'm not crying because the front office doesn't see things the way I do. I'm just tired of having to constant explain where I stand about this team right now so I decided to put it in a thread of it's on for everyone to see.

making the playoffs isn't good enough? I think that is a good season, coming off of 4-12.....getting back into the playoffs would be a good rebound....winning a game in the playoffs would be outstanding.

GreggT likes this

making the playoffs isn't good enough? I think that is a good season, coming off of 4-12.....getting back into the playoffs would be a good rebound....winning a game in the playoffs would be outstanding.

I don't think the Falcons will make the playoffs in 2014. I think 8-8 is what the Falcons will do in 2014.