Congrats To My Boy D. Franks

ike barn87987

The Ravens plan to sign veteran cornerbacks Aaron Ross and Dominique Franks following their successful minicamp tryout, according to sources.

Ross and Franks made the most plays on the football over the past three days among a group of six cornerbacks auditioning for roster spots.

That group included cornerbacks Drayton Florence, Marquice Cole, Bobby Felder and Kevin Thomas.

The Ravens wanted to provide competition for Chykie Brown and Asa Jackson for the nickel back job that opened up in March when Corey Graham signed with the Buffalo Bills.

The Ravens have also agreed to terms with linebackers Austin Spitler and Nick DiMarco.

A former first-round draft pick from the University of Texas, Ross, 31, won a pair of Super Bowl championships with the New York Giants. He played for Ravens secondary coach Steve Spagnuolo as a rookie for the Giants when they won the Super Bowl following the 2007 season.

Ross, 31, is a 6-foot-1, 193-pounder veteran who has played in the NFL for seven seasons. His season last year was cut short by a back injury with the Giants and he was placed on injured reserve. Ross emphasized this week that he has made a complete recovery from the back injury.

Ross has 11 career interceptions and 41 pass deflections.

Franks is a 2010 Atlanta Falcons fifth-round draft pick from Oklahoma.

The 6-foot, 197-pounder has 30 tackles, three interceptions and nine pass deflections in three NFL seasons with four career starts.

Franks played in every game last season as a reserve cornerback for Atlanta. The Falcons cut him during the final major roster cutdown before re-signing him after he worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Guest King Jigsaw

Somebody must have birthed him... ph34r.png

I imagine his mommy was a paraplegic. She didn't have any hands either.

Hey! I'm not happy about him being there, I was hoping to not have to watch him or hear his name anymore...

Hah, not you KoG.

I do feel your pain though. If he makes their team and starts contributing i'll hear no end of it from family when i'm inevitably forced to watch Raven's games.