Panthers, Chiefs, Seahawks Among Teams Set To Take A Step Back Missing The Playoffs

Dirtybirdn@tion

2) Carolina Panthers

No team has repeated as champion of the NFC South since the division's inception in 2002 -- so even if there weren't a handful of other reasons to worry about the Panthers, history would suggest someone will take their place atop the standings.

Cam Newton had a spectacular 2013, but ankle surgery has put a damper on his offseason, keeping him, for the most part, out of early workouts -- where he would have had a chance to begin gelling with what is almost a completely new receiving corpsfollowing the departures of Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn. Furthermore, the left tackle position is up in the air in the wake of veteran Jordan Gross' retirement.

Carolina's defense, which ranked second overall last season, still looks as if it will be potent behind a solid front seven, though there are concerns with this unit, as well. Cornerback Captain Munnerlyn and safety Mike Mitchell -- who really brought a lot of toughness in 2013 -- are gone, while defensive end Greg Hardy's off-field issues might be cause for concern. Ultimately, I think Carolina will miss the playoffs.

Unless he predicted that we'd be the #2 seed in the NFC last season.. I really don't give a f*** what he has to predict this off-season.

Last season proved that fans (myself included), media, don't know sh1t when it comes to predicting what the Panthers are going to do.

It's true that the Panthers haven't been able to put enough weapons around Cam (for whatever reason), but if their defense stays tough, and I believe it will as it's rare that a defense with a front seven like theirs suddenly nosedives, they should at least be able to put up a winning record. Maybe not another divisional title, but if you can get to the dance, who knows what may happen?

Well since we are gonna suck this year, Is anybody willing to sig bet that we go 4-12 or worse this year?

Be careful....I knew we were gonna suck last season, but I figured that gap toothed, MRSA carrying Moron coaching us could at least get us to 8-8. I was wrong! wink.png

Be careful....I knew we were gonna suck last season, but I figured that gap toothed, MRSA carrying Moron coaching us could at least get us to 8-8. I was wrong! wink.png

I thought the opposite. I thought the Falcons were going to be good.............and they ended up sucking.

I thought the Panthers were going to suck and then they b1tch slapped the division on their way to the crown.

I admit I didn't have much faith in Schiano or Glennon. Glennon had a good rookie year though and the failure of the Bucs was not on him, it was on unforeseen happenings, such as their run game going in the crapper and their defense failing to hold up in key moments. Glennon did good, but couldn't be expected to compensate for those other things going on, to carry his team to a winning record. I expect franchise qbs that have been in the league for at least 6 years to do that sort of stuff.

Good point. If Cam and/or Kuechly goes down, it's possible.

True, I just didn't realize what a terrible coach Schiano is. We had more than our share of injuries, but had we had a professional coaching staff we stiil could've pulled out 6-10 or 7-9 with that team. HeII, Gruden got us to 9-7 with much less offensive talent. We had senior member of that coaching staff with over 30 years in the NFL that had never even been a part of a winning season. I look back now, and realize just how bad they were.

At least injuries are your greatest concern and not fundamental gameday football.wink.png

Meanwhile Atlanta has been listed multiple times as a team to watch out for. And y'all act like it's just delusional Falcon fans who are saying this.

Falcons>Panthers in 2014, you can take that to the bank and cash it folks:

post-2-1080915922.gifGotta Love the Homers here, huh?post-2-1080915922.gif

How much you willin' to put up to back that, Homie?

True, I just didn't realize what a terrible coach Schiano is. We had more than our share of injuries, but had we had a professional coaching staff we stiil could've pulled out 6-10 or 7-9 with that team. HeII, Gruden got us to 9-7 with much less offensive talent. We had senior member of that coaching staff with over 30 years in the NFL that had never even been a part of a winning season. I look back now, and realize just how bad they were.

At least injuries are your greatest concern and not fundamental gameday football.wink.png

Yeah Schiano ****** y'all up but I still y'all would be better off sucking net year so you could finally draft a franchise QB in Winston or Mariota next year cause trust me with the Panthers finally having one in Cam finally gives us Panther fans belief that we can compete every year as long as we have him.

8-8? I thought we were gonna suck?

I never said that. I said i see between 7 and 9 wins for the Panthers in a few other threads. D is too good to suck but i do see a step back.

I could see any team in the NFCS going 8-8 this season.........please don't take offense, like your Ultra-sensitive brethren.wink.png

For sure. I don't disagree. Think it plays out saints/falcons/panthers/bucs with all teams having at least 6 wins.

I never said that. I said i see between 7 and 9 wins for the Panthers in a few other threads. D is too good to suck but i do see a step back.

For sure. I don't disagree. Think it plays out saints/falcons/panthers/bucs with all teams having at least 6 wins.

Oh gotcha