David A Top 40 Player. The Guy Is Earning The Respect Of His Peers.

Big Bubba

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tampa Bay's twitter sure acted butthurt about it.

They should fire whoever runs that twitter page, because that'd be kind of an embarrassing representing your organization in my opinion. Say congrats, post a nice picture, and move on. Don't act like a scorned girl because he isn't super popular in his 2nd year already.

edit: just wanted to add... jeeze, he was voted 35th best in the entire league in his 2nd year while hardly getting any publicity, and the Bucs coming off an absolute shitstorm of a year. It's impressive he was that high IMO (which he could easily be higher). Anything higher than 50 is pretty **** good.

Edited by Luke Nukem

Tampa Bay's twitter sure acted butthurt about it.

They should fire whoever runs that twitter page, because that'd be kind of an embarrassing representing your organization in my opinion. Say congrats, post a nice picture, and move on. Don't act like a scorned girl because he isn't super popular in his 2nd year already.

edit: just wanted to add... jeeze, he was voted 35th best in the entire league in his 2nd year while hardly getting any publicity, and the Bucs coming off an absolute shitstorm of a year. It's impressive he was that high IMO (which he could easily be higher). Anything higher than 50 is pretty **** good.

Yep. I stopped paying attention to the Facebook and Twitter Buccaneer fans. They are under the impression that Kuechly and David are directly competing with each other....and that Kuechly is the reason why David gets no love. I mean, two different positions. It's not having to choose either/or. I'd love to have David on the Panthers to play along side of Kuechly. I'm sure a lot of Buc fans would love to have Kuechly commanding their defense, to play side by side with David.

Yep. I stopped paying attention to the Facebook and Twitter Buccaneer fans. They are under the impression that Kuechly and David are directly competing with each other....and that Kuechly is the reason why David gets no love. I mean, two different positions. It's not having to choose either/or. I'd love to have David on the Panthers to play along side of Kuechly. I'm sure a lot of Buc fans would love to have Kuechly commanding their defense, to play side by side with David.

Yeah, there are a lot of them out there that just straight up can't stand Luke for no other reason than David is underrated. Some of them take it even further than that, and spout straight up BS without even watching Luke take a snap (other than the Buc games).

But I was talking about the team's official twitter account. That **** was cringe worthy to me seeing an official team representation being all petty like that on social media. I'd be embarrassed if it was the Panther's social media doing it.

From a Saints site: "A list that said jimmy graham wasn't a top 100 player is wrong. Media, fans, players, etc. they're all opinions based on their thought, not #s."

Every team site will feel slighted if their favorite player(s)didn't make the list. If Graham made the list last season, all would be well. Some Buc fans on facebook are p1ssed off and calling the list bogus because David isn't in the top 10.

This one is player voted. The media don't know sh1t, the fans don't know sh1t. The players are the ones out there playing against each other. I hold their general consensus of an opinion higher than the opinion of other fans and the opinions of the media.

Every team site will feel slighted if their favorite player(s)didn't make the list. If Graham made the list last season, all would be well. Some Buc fans on facebook are p1ssed off and calling the list bogus because David isn't in the top 10.

This one is player voted. The media don't know sh1t, the fans don't know sh1t. The players are the ones out there playing against each other. I hold their general consensus of an opinion higher than the opinion of other fans and the opinions of the media.

Um it's been documented that the "only players vote" thing is kind of a myth.

Proof? Outside of fans not knowing which players vote and claim that because every player that voted doesn't make themselves known that it's myth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/05/inside-the-top-100-voting-process/

And when we pointed that out on Friday, Eagles linebacker Connor Barwin said via Twitter, “[E]veryone knows no players actually vote for who’s on that list right?”

So far..

Saints:

99. Cam Jordan

They should have 2 or 3 in the top 20.

Bucs:

35. David

44. Vjax

McCoy should be on there soon.

Panthers:

93. Kalil

53. Hardy

With Cam and Kuechly most likely coming up on there.

Falcons.

None so far.

Falcon fans should be happy, since it looks like Matty will be at the very least, in the top 30, same with Jones & White.

Had David not made the bonehead personal foul in the Jets game last season he too would probably have been in the top 30.

At his age, I believe he's 24, he's right where he should be, and Sapp is correct in saying David & McCoy are the Brooks & Sapp of the new Buccaneers. Can they have the same success that those guys had? We shall see......

The biggest hurdle for the Bucs in 2014 is to see if they can win with what up to this point has been 2 inferior quarterbacks. Gruden was able to do it, but I have my doubts. It's pretty obvious Lovie is a lot like Dungy, in that the offense is an afterthought when compared to the defense. Dungy always held the defense to a higher standard than the offense, which is why he was fired. Lovie made a good start by going exclusively offense in the draft....but going into the season with only McCown and Glennon at QB is a HUGE gamble! Both of them had their moments last season, but it was apparent to anyone, that Glennon wasn't ready. I've been hearing that they're really high on McCown one day, then their high on Glennon the next, which doesn't exactly exude confidence in the position. Dungy said yesterday on NFL Sirius that he believes the Bucs defense is gonna be good enough to propel them into the playoffs, he also said the same thing about the Rams defense. He added that the NFC has gotten even stronger and expected the Saints to come out very, very strong.

After what happened to the Falcons with their decline and the rise of the Panthers, I'd say the NFCS will probably be the hardest division in the league to predict.

Falcon fans should be happy, since it looks like Matty will be at the very least, in the top 30, same with Jones & White.

There's 7 QBs left on the list. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady are a given... so there's technically only 3 spots left. Who gets snubbed between Luck, Wilson, Cam, and Ryan?

Here's the thing though......what do NFL players spend their time doing?

Given their workload, there's a compelling argument to be made that NFL players would be the LEAST knowledgeable of their peers. At best, they see colleagues during game prep....but given how sectioned off a lot of preparation is, they probably only see a small segment of the player population. You think Greg Hardy is watching a lot of Aqib Talib tape?

Here's the thing though......what do NFL players spend their time doing?

Given their workload, there's a compelling argument to be made that NFL players would be the LEAST knowledgeable of their peers. At best, they see colleagues during game prep....but given how sectioned off a lot of preparation is, they probably only see a small segment of the player population. You think Greg Hardy is watching a lot of Aqib Talib tape?

You believe that defenders don't ever watch other defenders? You trust media sites and fans over defenders that have gone up against some of these offensive guys and vice versa?

hypothetical - If Revis said that one WR is one of the hardest WRs in the league to cover, yet a site says that the same WR isn't that hard to cover.. Who do you believe? The guy that is out there doing the covering or some of us stat nerds that believe the stats never lie about the quality of a player?

There's 7 QBs left on the list. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady are a given... so there's technically only 3 spots left. Who gets snubbed between Luck, Wilson, Cam, and Ryan?

I can't see any of 'em being snubbed, but if Ryan isn't in the top 10, you're gonna hear/see a whole lotta whining around here. Nearly as much as the fool with the Buccaneers twitter feed.laugh.png

Wilson or Ryan. They won't leave off Cam/Luck.

Also lol@ all the 9ers fans voting Colin underrated at 81. LOL. Dude shouldn't be on the list.