Bryan Cox And Ra'shede Hageman...could Be A Bumpy Relationship At First

Hageman has some issues we all have heard. Called lazy, takes plays off, doesn't have a motor. Bryan Cox completely the opposite and we know he's going to demand a lot from this line. At some point you have think these two will collide. Listening to Cox in the interview dude still has that chip on his shoulder. Practice is one thing but in games if Hageman starts living up to those issues Cox is going to snap! I suspect we will see this unfold in a few games early on but Hageman will come around. I think Hageman will become an elite De/DT in a short period of time but it will be because of a guy like Cox who demands his best. There a lot going on this season but this relationship is going to be key to our defense's development. Cox might have been the most important addition to this team during the off season!

Edited by The Post Master

Hageman has some issues we all have heard. Called lazy, takes plays off, doesn't have a motor. Bryan Cox completely the opposite and we know he's going to demand a lot from this line. At some point you have think these two will collide. Listening to Cox in the interview dude still has that chip on his shoulder. Practice is one thing but in games if Hageman starts living up to those issues Cox is going to snap! I suspect we will see this unfold in a few games early on but Hageman will come around. I think Hageman will become an elite De/DT in a short period of time but it will be because of a guy like Cox who demands his best. There a lot going on this season but this relationship is going to be key to our defense's development. Cox might have been the most important addition to this team during the off season!

You might have a point but I'm not worried about it because Cox rode Hageman hard at the Senior Bowl and there was no negative reaction from Hageman.

I remember the last time I felt proud of a Falcons defense. It was the playoff game against the Rams when we just tore them a new one the whole game. The d-line coach at the time was Bill Johnson, and in the 4th quarter, he was yelling at the top of his lungs "we rush the passer in the 4th quarter! Right?" And he was doing it because that's exactly what we were doing. We got after Bulger in that game.

It's the same one where Kerney plastered Bulger after Bulger had said the previous season that playing us was "easy," so this time Kerney jumped up and yelled at Bulger "I bet that one ******* hurt, didn't it?"

Where's that defense? Even with Ed Zoneatell as the coordinator we managed to get after teams.

I remember the last time I felt proud of a Falcons defense. It was the playoff game against the Rams when we just tore them a new one the whole game. The d-line coach at the time was Bill Johnson, and in the 4th quarter, he was yelling at the top of his lungs "we rush the passer in the 4th quarter! Right?" And he was doing it because that's exactly what we were doing. We got after Bulger in that game.

It's the same one where Kerney plastered Bulger after Bulger had said the previous season that playing us was "easy," so this time Kerney jumped up and yelled at Bulger "I bet that one ******* hurt, didn't it?"

Where's that defense? Even with Ed Zoneatell as the coordinator we managed to get after teams.

Helps having Patrick Kerney and Rod Coleman on your d-line. Two 10+ sack guys. I believe we lead the league in sacks that year.

Helps having Patrick Kerney and Rod Coleman on your d-line. Two 10+ sack guys. I believe we lead the league in sacks that year.

Miss those guys. People want Hageman to be JJ Watt. I'd be happy for him to be like Coleman.

Edited by Shnikies

Well the whole defense will get a stiff test in the very first game. September 7th folks. If the Aints come in here and lay another L on us lots of people will snap! Starting with Artie Blank and working all the way down to the waterboy and eventually the mess hall cooks. Yall ready?

I haven't heard the term mess hall since the last time I watched an episode of MASH which has been quite a long time ago.

I could see maybe a heat-of-the-moment kind of irritation happening on rare occasions, but I believe Hageman is way too appreciative of the opportunity he has to become a star on this team and he has too much respect for Cox as a coach and a former player in his own all-out style to have anything less than a very respecful, productive and dynamic coach/player relationship.

Well the whole defense will get a stiff test in the very first game. September 7th folks. If the Aints come in here and lay another L on us lots of people will snap! Starting with Artie Blank and working all the way down to the waterboy and eventually the mess hall cooks. Yall ready?

Well my friend, if Hageman is pizzed, he will wreak havoc. Even his team mates will step aside when he comes off the field. He seems to have an inner fury.

I think Bryan Cox has that dominant personality coupled with his impressive credentials as a great NFL player in his own right to take complete control of this defensive line group. I believe he is one of those coaches who inspire the best in their players, and NO player wants to go to that sideline during a game and face his wrath due to lack of effort.

I feel really confident we will see Hageman's best under Bryan Cox.