Nba Offseason Thread

WOR

Update 3:46 p.m. — Report: Melo Back to the Knicks

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/07/09/reports-cavs-making-their-move/

Carmelo Anthony isn’t waiting on LeBron James or anyone else. He is sticking with the New York Knicks, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. The official announcement is expected to come Thursday, the first day free agents can sign deals and trades can be stamped by the NBA:

A person close to Anthony told The News on Wednesday that barring a last minute change of heart Anthony will re-sign with the Knicks after “agonizing over this” for the past week.

“He will have something for everybody on Thursday,” said the friend who was with Anthony before Anthony’s scheduled workout with Kevin Durant and Kevin Love in Los Angeles on Wednesday. “He is really torn because this is the biggest decision of his career. But he wants to get it done in New York. He told me he believes in Phil.”

The Knicks offered Anthony a max deal of $129 million, some $33 million more than any other team could offer. The team, according to many sources, has yet to be told of the decision. But the Knicks had been considered by many to be the front-runners.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Cavs trade for Love they are two injuries away from having a team of nothing but LeBron, Love, and scrubs.

With Kyrie and Varejaos health... That could be a team destined for tragedy.

You called Parsons at like 12 million nothing more than a role player for the Hawks.

Now it's a great signing for the Mavs. Are you even a Hawks fan? Or just a master troll as well...

Mavs could win a championship.. LOL HAWKS CAN NOT

PG- Felton

SG - Ellis

SF - Parsons

PF - Dirk

C - Tyson Chandler

That's a champ team and Dirk proven winner

Smarten up WOR

According to msn sports, Lebron already knows and knew before the meeting with the heat today but he wants to wait until tomorrow and announce it on his website.

What a vag. He's makingme not like him. Again.

For the record, KD would never pull this ****. KD >>>>> everyone else in the league.

Mavs could win a championship.. LOL HAWKS CAN NOT

PG- Felton

SG - Ellis

SF - Parsons

PF - Dirk

C - Tyson Chandler

That's a champ team and Dirk proven winner

Smarten up WOR

The fact you think that's a championship team is the real joke here.

The fact you think that's a championship team is the real joke here.

How isn't that a championship team ? Lol

That team gave Spurs the best run for money

They got deep bench and more help to Dirk

And Dirk still a star and better team the year they won a championship with washed up Kidd and Marion. They replace with Monta and Parsons

Chandler is back and Wright moves to bench

They are legit contender to win a title next year

Theyre not better than the Thunder, Spurs, Houston with Bosh, Clippers, Blazers and possibly Lakers.

I also wouldn't be comfortable betting against the grizzlies or GS.

They may be better, but so is everyone else.

The only team that is arguably better than Dallas would be Spurs

If Dallas signs Parsons and brings back VC for bench and also signs another shooter they have a great chance to win a championship

VEGAS won't have them more than 12 to 1 odds

Great coach

Great star

Solid number 2 guy Ellis who can take over games with his athletism and his quickness

Parsons a perfect role player to play along side

Chandler a former DPOY where shined in Dallas

Wright / Felton/ VC as bench

Yeah outside Spurs or OKC getting Gasol they would one of 6 teams have legit shot at championship

Awesome. They won't be adding 17 in near future that's for sure

Wish I picked a winning franchise to root for but I'm stuck staying loyal to the Atlanta Failures

I been a Laker fan all my life. And I heard the same BS in 2005. Lakers always find a way. It's Hollywood. The ending always turn out good for the Lakers