Question About Hageman?

Bullpup969

I would like to see Hageman moved to each and every D-line position,he is big enough,strong enough,fast enough to play anywhere,once he gets the know-how and perfects his technique,I expect him to dominate.

I think Cox will get bring the best out of him. Not a pun.

Hageman in an inch taller and about 20 lbs heavier and has slightly longer arms.

As far as combine numbers go Watt blew Hageman away in almost every category.

Which, I believe, says more about the freakish ability of Watt than Hageman being inferior as Hageman had a nice combine.

Which, I believe, says more about the freakish ability of Watt than Hageman being inferior as Hageman had a nice combine.

Yeah after seeing Watts numbers I was surprised he didn't go top 5 or that there wasn't more pre draft hype for him.

Must have been a white thing.

:P

I think they use him all over. DT,4-3 DE,3-4DE,NT,over,under...you get it.

That was one of the things Smith mentioned shortly after drafting him is that his athleticism and size makes him extremely versatile.

Now I'm not saying he'll be in some of those positions a lot but don't be surprised to see him line up as a 4-3 DE (like Babs has) every now and then.

Guest Negatorris

I think in a perfect world the staff him wants to be a JJ Watt type.

This.

It's the main reason they want him to play DE for us. They want him to swatt balls at the LOS and be a disruptive force. Much like Watt. Will he actually be able to do what Watt does? That's yet to be determined.

J.J. Watt played in a different system than Nolan employs. Wade Phillips (former Texans DC) allowed his DE to generate pressure by devising one-on-one matchups, whereas Nolan relies more heavily on the OLB. Of course, if you come across a singular talent like Watt is, you adapt your scheme to accommodate. J.J. Watt is physically striking as a player. He has that mythical triangle upper body, with incredibly broad shoulders and a very trim waist for his size. He also has freakishly large hands that are connected to arms larger than many of his teammates thighs.

Hageman can immediately impact by setting the edge as 3-4 DE ,and being a reliable run-stuffing DT when we do more 4-3 looks. I would want him to slim down a little a bit if we want him to be more of a threat as a pass rusher and ball-swatter. At his current body composition (based on photos), we shouldn't expect him to be giving us his best all 4 quarters if we are going to ask him to do everything that J.J. Watt does.

Edited by FalconAge

I think in a perfect world the staff him wants to be a JJ Watt type.

3 and 5 technique......depending on what other people we have on field at the time...I think as the season goes on, he will play every position on the Dline at one time or another....I think thats what intrigued our management about drafting him......all the different things that he can bring to a defense without stars