Dr James Andrews On Drew Brees : " Most Remarkable Comeback That I’Ve Ever Treated"

Kevo

GOD BLESS YOU DR.ANDREWS! GOD BLESS YOU SIR!

http://tracking.si.com/2014/06/13/james-andrews-drew-brees-remarkable-comeback/

When San Diego Chargers quarterback Drew Brees tore the labrum in his right shoulder in a 23-7 loss to the Denver Broncos on Dec. 31, 2005, many thoughthis career could be in jeopardy.

Famed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who performed surgery on Brees a week after that season-ending game, says he could not believe how Brees has not only come back from the injury, but has continued to play at a high level for many years.

Brees, an eight-time Pro Bowl selection, signed a 6-year, $60 million deal with the New Orleans Saints in March 2006, and led the team to their first Super Bowl Championship four seasons later.

“One case I do have permission to talk about is Drew Brees, who had the most remarkable comeback that I’ve ever treated,” Andrews said to Vox.com.

All expectations were that he had a career-ending

shoulder injury. But he had such a good work ethic,and he was so well taken care of by physical therapist Kevin Will, in Birmingham, who worked with him for a solid four months, that some way, some how, he got well. But I have to give him and the therapist all thecredit, not me. He was an unbelievable comeback. And he’s still playing.”

“Usually, the only results I remember are the bad

ones. I just think on the players who don’t have that kind of comeback,” Andrews said.

GOD BLESS YOU DR.ANDREWS! GOD BLESS YOU SIR!

http://tracking.si.c...kable-comeback/

When San Diego Chargers quarterback Drew Brees tore the labrum in his right shoulder in a 23-7 loss to the Denver Broncos on Dec. 31, 2005, many thoughthis career could be in jeopardy.

Famed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who performed surgery on Brees a week after that season-ending game, says he could not believe how Brees has not only come back from the injury, but has continued to play at a high level for many years.

Brees, an eight-time Pro Bowl selection, signed a 6-year, $60 million deal with the New Orleans Saints in March 2006, and led the team to their first Super Bowl Championship four seasons later.

"One case I do have permission to talk about is Drew Brees, who had the most remarkable comeback that I've ever treated," Andrews said to Vox.com.

All expectations were that he had a career-ending

shoulder injury. But he had such a good work ethic,and he was so well taken care of by physical therapist Kevin Will, in Birmingham, who worked with him for a solid four months, that some way, some how, he got well. But I have to give him and the therapist all thecredit, not me. He was an unbelievable comeback. And he's still playing."

"Usually, the only results I remember are the bad

ones. I just think on the players who don't have that kind of comeback," Andrews said.

I had a similar surgery 11 years ago, but made the mistake of doing something with my arm & shoulder while rehabbing......and POP! I had to have it done again 3 months later. It's a tribute to both Drew and Dr. Andrews, that he's been able to have his shoulder seemingly come back stronger than ever, and stay that way for this long. If he can stay upright, I could see him playing for at least another 4 years.