D. Thomas Offered Extension, Could Set Julio's Market

PriMeTiiMe

A source tells Vic Lombardi of 104.3 The Fan in Denver the Broncos offered a five-year contract to Demaryius Thomas.

The Broncos have also initiated talks with TE Julius Thomas and hope to extend both players before training camp. A 2010 first-round pick, Thomas has been an elite receiver with Peyton Manning the last two seasons, posting 186 catches for 2,864 yards and 24 touchdowns. Thomas is still just 26 and could command $12 million annually. He's currently scheduled to make $3.27 million in the final year of his rookie deal. Denver wants to avoid having to franchise Thomas, which would cost $12.3 million in 2015.

Related: Julius Thomas

Source: Nate Lundy on Twitter Jun 13 - 6:31 PM

It's likely going to take $16m annually for Julio. The same ballpark for Megatron and Fitzgerald. Definitely no less than $15m per season.

http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=WR

He's got to prove he can stay healthy first before even getting close to $12 million a year.

He's going to need to own a statistical category, (yards, TDs, receptions), next season if you want to start talking about $15 a year.

I like Julio, I really do, but holy **** some of you are extremely overvaluing his market value.

He's got to prove he can stay healthy first before even getting close to $12 million a year.

He's going to need to own a statistical category, (yards, TDs, receptions), next season if you want to start talking about $15 a year.

I like Julio, I really do, but holy **** some of you are extremely overvaluing his market value.

^^this I think too many of our players get overvalued. JJ would have to have an all pro season to make Fritz and CJ money that's what separates those two from the rest. I'd be a little surprised if it was much more than what Thomas got offered.

Friday brought multiple reports that the Broncos have made a five-year offer to receiver Demaryius Thomas. A source with direct knowledge of the situation has provided a more sobering assessment.

“Nothing going on,” the source said.

The source also explains that an offer has not been made to Thomas, on a five-year deal or any other terms.

It’s possible that discussions have centered on structure or concepts or whatever, and that different interpretations can be applied to whether an actual offer was extended. Regardless, to the extent that the reports of a five-year offer suggest that a deal could be coming, there’s still a very, very long way to go.

G.M. John Elway has said he’d like to extend the contracts of Demaryius Thomas and tight end Julius Thomas. Each key pieces in the team’s pass-happy offense, both are eligible for unrestrcted free agency in 2015.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/14/source-nothing-going-on-between-broncos-demaryius-thomas/

A source tells Vic Lombardi of 104.3 The Fan in Denver the Broncos offered a five-year contract to Demaryius Thomas.

The Broncos have also initiated talks with TE Julius Thomas and hope to extend both players before training camp. A 2010 first-round pick, Thomas has been an elite receiver with Peyton Manning the last two seasons, posting 186 catches for 2,864 yards and 24 touchdowns. Thomas is still just 26 and could command $12 million annually. He's currently scheduled to make $3.27 million in the final year of his rookie deal. Denver wants to avoid having to franchise Thomas, which would cost $12.3 million in 2015.

Related: Julius Thomas

Source: Nate Lundy on Twitter Jun 13 - 6:31 PM

uggh. we could have drafted Demaryius Thomas instead of Spoon - I remember the Falcons worked him out a week prior to the draft.

Guest Negatorris

I will be damned if Julio gets Fitz or Megatron money. He has never had a truly "dominant" season yet like those two guys have. Julio has to show way more consistentsy before we throw top WR money at him.