You Don't Have To Be A Miserable Liberal

OldFalcons

Believe me when I say this....I have been both, also believe me when I tell you I was a MISERABLE LIBERAL.

You may think you hate God or capitalism, traditions, and old people....believe me, I was worse. Unfortunately, having been a

liberal, I know liberals will see this as patronizing and condescending, but you shouldn't.

I remember being lectured continually by my Dad telling me the way I was was self destructive, hating capitalism in a capitalist society,

hating business when I needed to get a job and satisfy an employer...etc etc.

I notice a lot of the same belligerence on this board as how I acted in my 20's. spouting my leftist rage.

If you want peace of mind, the deep seated feeling that you're in the minority and most people are different than you then arguing about politics is not gonna give it to you.

My advice to liberals to find peace of mind is to go one month without thought word or deed of ill will to another human being.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2012/04/03/5_reasons_liberals_are_such_unpleasant_people_to_be_around

They do seem to be miserable though. Can't figure out if it is their lack of friendships, personality, or just lack of intelligence?

wZuxj.gif?w=640

For me personally as a liberal.....I had a deep seated belief that I was in the minority.....of course Reagan was President.

Tammy Bruce: Yes, it was; it was shocking. For me it was quite life-changing in my sense of how I viewed the world and I was also, when it comes to my view of Christians, quite surprised by how happy they were. I mean, I remember being on the left; no one is happy, trust me. They (are the) biggest group of miserable people you would ever want to meet. Everything is wrong, everything is going bad, everyone is after you, everyone wants to get you, people are building camps.

To speak with finally, on talk radio, with Christians, I was struck first by the genuine happiness from these people and also the fact that even though they disagreed with me, finally I was having conversations with people who were curious, disagreed with me, but didn't want to hurt me, were interested in persuading me, and it was quite a revelation, I have to say. I owe my beginning in talk radio to that kind of --- it's the only place really where you can have that kind of exchange between someone like myself and conservative Christians and have it be safe and have it be really life-transforming.

Not believing in god and hating god are not the same thing. If you know any "atheists" that hate god please tell them they're doing it wrong. Also pretty sure that atheism and liberalism are not mutually exclusive.

But according to WFW...liberals lack intelligence.

289170202604a4851ecc47d20e1ea32c9846e6bd769c5e23e3146d4ce27406b0.jpg

I mean, that's the only thing I can thing of when a thread like this pops up.

I'm a content Christian. I also think that your right to health coverage shouldn't be dictated by how fat your wallet is, or that two men who are in love should be allowed to have a legal document signifying that love. Religion and politics don't have to be synonymous sunshine.

You're getting too nuanced...you're going to confuse him.

Which of the three do you think it is? It doesn't necessarily have to be lack of intelligence as stated in post # 4

I'd have to know some miserable liberals. I don't.

I generally find conservatives to be more insufferable and upset about life in general. Not all or most...but a good share.

You say this after that thread where you were calling people faggots?

SMH...must have been the infamous Rick Perry thread I missed.

Gotta love the hypocrisy of RW nuts.

**Disclaimer**: The above statement is in no way stating that every RWer is a hypocrite and/or a nut.

I remember as a liberal complaining that my family was Christian and supposed to love your enemies....but yet

hated liberals.

I actually don't think there is anything wrong with hating liberalism though.....every church is full of hypocrits because the

world is full of hypocrits.

Edited by OldFalcons

I remember as a liberal complaining that my family was Christian and supposed to love your enemies....but yet

hated liberals.

I actually don't think there is anything with hating liberalism though.....every church is full of hypocrits because the

world is full of hypocrits.

Are you saying liberals can't be Christian?

BUT SERIOUSLY....GIVE IT A TRY

NO THOUGHT WORD OR DEED OF ILL WLL FOR A MONTH

And don't worry about my shortcomings.....they only contribute to my own unhappiness

SELFISHLY GO A MONTH WITH NO THOUGHT WORD OR DEED OF ILL WILL TOWARDS ANOTHER........you'll be amazed

Answer the question.

Well,the message board smarminess and snarkiness has an underlying ill will associated with it often times...and like I

said..ill wlll is like a boomerang....it's self destructive.

And like I said.....my ill will Ive directed towards others is my own unhappiness...don't worry about me

SELFISHLY RID YOURSELF OF YOUR OWN ILL WILL.....FOR 30 DAYS YOU'LL BE AMAZED.

My ill will is not really ill will....homosexuals for instance...I think people who tell homosexuals to just live their lives

and do whatever feels good and ignore God or any contrary views of your well being......are misguided. In the end

there is more good will in telling homosexuals they're on the wrong track then simply saying

BATHE IN YOUR SIN