Best Cb In The Nfc South.

lju713

I hate to sound like Harold the Homer but I gotta go with Tru. Im basing this off size,speed,and scheme. I know Verner signed with TB but he is solely a cover 2 cb. None or CAR or NO seems to ring any bells,so who you got?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you consider the front 7 he was playing behind last year, you gotta give him bonus points.

I think he and Alford are both going to take a step forward this year and become one of the best CB duos in the league. Combine that with a front 7 that can actually stop the run, and this defense might hold its own.

Keenan Lewis was good. last season but I wouldnt say he was a shutdown CB. I doubt he can play in any and every scheme like Tru can

He didn't allow any TDs the year before in Pitt. He's definitely shut down. He didn't allow Desean Jackson a single catch in the playoff game in Philly. He had the 12th bet QB rating against him in the league. Dudes a baller. But Im not taking anything away from Trufant either. I would take Lewis if I had to pick one for just next season. The next 5? Trufant, based on sheer potential.

I hate to sound like Harold the Homer but I gotta go with Tru. Im basing this off size,speed,and scheme. I know Verner signed with TB but he is solely a cover 2 cb. None or CAR or NO seems to ring any bells,so who you got?

This is a joke right?

The guy has only started at right corner. And he is handed the title of being the best corner over guys that line up week after week at left corner against the other team's top receiver?

Come on guys. Lets not be so eager to set ourselves up for disappointment.

He might be.

However, I'm always reluctant to put such praise on a CB going into his 2nd year. We seem to have a history of guys we fell in love with as rookies taking lumps in year 2.

More than though, every other team in the NFC South gets after the QB better than we do (as of now anyway) so their CBs are going to look better if nothing else.