2012-2014 Roster Analysis

Isnt it funny how a team can go from 10 yards away to 4-12 and picking #6 overall in the draft. I was cleaning out the closet today and I picked up a pamphlet from the Falcons-Broncos game in 2012. After studying it I was amazed at how we changed from 2012 through 2014. So if you can withstand this long post, give me y'all's comments as to the flip flop we have made, and are we now back to the 10 yards away or beyond goal?

2012-Red=Injured for most of the season (over 2 games or more) or the whole season!

QB-Matt Ryan,Dominique Davis,Luke McCown

RB-Michael Turner,Jacquizz Rodgers,Jason Snelling,Antone Smith

FB-Mike Cox,Brady Ewing

WR-Roddy White,Julio Jones,Harry Douglas,Drew Davis,Tim Toone,Kevin Cone,Kerry Meier

TE-Tony Gonzalez,Chase Coffman,Michael Palmer,Tommy Gallarda,Adam Nissley

LT-Sam Baker,Lamar Holmes,Will Svitek

LG-Justin Blalock,Harland Gunn

C-Todd McClure,Joe Hawley

RG-Peter Konz,Phillipkeith Manley,Garrett Reynolds

RT-Tyson Clabo,Mike Johnson

RE-John Abraham,Lawerence Sidbury,Cliff Matthews

DT-Johnathan Babineaux,Corey Peters,Peria Jerry,Vance Walker,Travian Robertson

LE-Kroy Biermann,Johnathan Massaqoui

ROLB-Sean Weatherspoon,Robert James

MLB-Akeem Dent,Mike Peterson

LOLB-Stephen Nicholas

CB-Asante Samuel,Dunta Robinson,Robert McClain,Chris Owens,Dominique Franks,Brent Grimes

FS-Thomas Decoud,Chris Hope,Shann Schlinger

SS-William Moore,Charles Mitchell

K/P-Matt Bryant,Matt Bosher

KR/PR-Jacquizz Rodgers,Dominique Franks

As we all know we went 13-3 with this team and finally got over the playoff hump. But not only did we get over that hump but the following week we came 10 yards away from the Super Bowl. So this set high expectations for the 2013 season.

Losses in the offseason-Brent Grimes,John Abraham,Dunta Robinson,Lawerence Sidbury,Chris Hope,Chris Owens,Mike Peterson,Vance Walker,Todd McClure,Will Svitek,Tyson Clabo,Michael Turner,Mike Cox,Luke McCown,Kerry Meier,Tim Toone,Michael Palmer

QB-Matt Ryan,Dominique Davis,Sean Renfree

RB-Steven Jackson,Jacquizz Rodgers,Jason Snelling,Antone Smith,Josh Vaughan

FB-Patrick Dimarco,Brady Ewing

WR-Roddy White,Harry Douglas,Darius Johnson,Drew Davis,Kevin Cone,Julio Jones

TE-Tony Gonzalez,Levine Toilolo,Chase Coffman,Adam Nissley,Andrew Szczerba

LT-Lamar Holmes,Sean Locklear,Sam Baker

C-Joe Hawley,Peter Konz

RG-Peter Konz,Garrett Reynolds

RT-Jeremy Trueblood,Terren Jones,Ryan Schraeder,Mike Johnson

RE-Osi Umenyiora,Maliciah Goodman,Stansley Maponga

DT-Johnathan Babineaux,Peria Jerry,Travian Robertson,Adam Replongle,Corey Peters

LE-Johnathan Massaqoui,Cliff Matthews

ROLB-Sean Weatherspoon,Joplo Bartu

MLB-Paul Worrilow,Akeem Dent

LOLB-Stephen Nicholas,Omar Gaither,Kroy Biermann

CB-Desmond Trufant,Robert Alford,Asante Samuel,Robert McClain,Dominique Franks,Saeed Lee

FS-Thomas Decoud,Kemal Ishmael

SS-William Moore,Sean Baker,Zeke Motta

K/P-Matt Bryant,Matt Bosher

KR/PR-Jacquizz Rodgers,Robert Alford

With this team we went 4-12. Note it may seem like both teams had the same amount of injured players but the impact the players had on the team were substancial. This season was a gift sorta to this team. Not only did we get a slap in the face that we arent the best but we also got great minutes and production from young guys! Especially on defense such as Worrilow,Bartu,Alford,Trufant,Massaqoui,etc.

Losses in offseason-Tony Gonzalez,Asante Samuel,Stephen Nicholas,Thomas Decoud,Sean Locklear,Jeremy Trueblood,Chase Coffman,Jason Snelling,Brady Ewing,Omar Gaither,Dominique Franks,Garrett Reynolds,Kevin Cone

2014 (Preseason Roster)

QB-Matt Ryan,Dominique Davis,Sean Renfree,Jeff Matthews

RB-Steven Jackson,Devonta Freeman,Jacquizz Rodgers,Antone Smith,Josh Vaughan,Jerome Smith,

FB-Patrick Dimarco,Maurice Hagens,Roosevelt Nix

WR-Roddy White,Julio Jones,Harry Douglas,Darius Johnson,Drew Davis,Geraldo Boldewijn,Dominique Croom,Julian Jones,Freddie Martino,Reedy Bernard,Tramaine Thompson

TE-Levine Toilolo,Bear Pascoe,Jacob Pedersen,Mickey Shuler,Brian Wozniak

LT-Sam Baker,Lamar Holmes

C-Joe Hawley,Peter Konz,James Stone,Josh Harris

RG-Jon Asamoah,Gabe Carimi,Adam Replongle

RT-Jake Matthews,Ryan Schraeder,Terren Jones,Mike Johnson

RE-Tyson Jackson,Maliciah Goodman,Nosa Equae

DT-Paul Soliai,Corey Peters,Peria Jerry,Donte Rumph,Travian Robertson

LE-Johnathan Babineaux,Ra'Shede Hageman,Cliff Matthews

ROLB-Johnathan Massaqoui,Osi Umenyiora,Tyler Starr

MLB-Paul Worrilow,Akeem Dent,Yawin Smallwood,Sean Weatherspoon

ILB-Joplo Bartu,Prince Shembo,Brenden Daley,May Walker

LOLB-Kroy Biermann,Marquis Spriull,Jacques Smith

CB-Desmond Trufant,Robert Alford,Josh Wilson,Ricardo Allen,Javier Arenas,Jordan Mabin,Devonta Glover,Wright

FS-Dwight Lowery,Kemal Ishmael,Kimario McFadden

SS-William Moore,Deszem Southward,Zeke Motta,Sean Baker

K/P-Matt Bryant,Sergio Castillo,Matt Bosher

KR/PR-Devin Hester

Obviously our goal was to make the lines on both sides of the ball nastier,bigger or whatever you wanna call it. And it seems as if they have done so. This teams story has yet to been written, but what I can say this will be a very intresting season! Whether that be yet another bad season or us hoisting a Super Bowl trophy. RISE UP!!!

well i guess 2 games is "most" of the season now....you learn something new everyday

Well our 2012 team was pretty healthy but I recall some of those games we had key players hurt especially Robinson/Samuel so I couldn't just exclude those injuries. Plus I didn't wanna account for single game injuries so I thought 2+ is a good mark. I mean a team could go from 9-5 and have good momentum going and then a injury hits and they finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs!

I think you should seperate between amount of games like:

Up to 2 games

3- 5 games

6- 8 games

9-12 games

13-16 games

I would've done this if I was just comparing the 2012-2014 rosters but with all the injuries last year I didn't wanna calculate how many games were missed by each player.

Tell me Dookmariot how is Tork [construction noise] Lewith doing?

I would've done this if I was just comparing the 2012-2014 rosters but with all the injuries last year I didn't wanna calculate how many games were missed by each player.

Tell me Dookmariot how is Tork [construction noise] Lewith doing?

He's doing color commentary.

NOt much of a roster analysis, but most of the season to me would equal missing at least 75% of the games. I think this is our best team yet.

Fair enough, but if that's the case then half of the players injured for the most part of 2013 wouldn't be in red.Like SJax,Roddy,etc.