Why So Many Territorial Disputes With This Administration?

Why are these big players going for a power push under this admin?

I'm starting to feel as if we need to be the police of the world. These communist countries and large Islamic organizations really seem to be making a simultaneous move. In all honesty it seems pretty scary but also makes me wonder has our hardliner policy from other residents been a lesser of 2 evils?

Just wondering from the older guys, is this the reason all the modern erra presidents seem to be the cops of the world! Is it breaking down now with a seemingly more lax position. Or is this natural since we have been at war so long?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can hardly pay the interest on our debts. China and Russia own mountains of our treasury debt. We have bought trillions of our own debt to artificially force rates down. They call it quantitative easing. It's called counterfeiting if you try to do it at home. Wouldn't you be mad if someone paid an IOU with another IOU to you? When would you really ever get anything of value back? I promise to pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

We can hardly pay the interest on our debts. China and Russia own mountains of our treasury debt. We have bought trillions of our own debt to artificially force rates down. They call it quantitative easing. It's called counterfeiting if you try to do it at home. Wouldn't you be mad if someone paid an IOU with another IOU to you? When would you really ever get anything of value back? I promise to pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Exactly! Leading from behind is not a strategy or a foreign policy. It is an excuse to get more rounds of golf in and then when something bad happens the POTUS can say he heard about it on the news...clueless in Washington!

wZuxj.gif?w=640

Russia's being Russia. We couldn't hope for them to be the broke, barely functioning state they were after the collapse of the USSR forever. They did the same thing during the last administration with Georgia and they'll probably keep pushing that line long after Obama's out of office.

China's also had a big head for some time (see Tibet and Xinjiang). I assume you're referring to the disputes over the Senkaku (sp?) Islands. That's not anything new either. I actually appreciate the way the Obama administration has been public about the "pivot to the Pacific" and calling them out on cyber-espionage. That's a fresh departure from decades of cowtowing and coddling them.

As for the Middle East and Africa, that's mostly decolonization and it's likely going to continue for the rest of this century at the least.

A legitimate discussion would revolve around why they(Russia) buzzed California recently. 2 bombers 50 miles off of the coast but they made sure to not cross into our waters. Toe'd the line.

The incident before that being on July 4, 2012. They've grown a couple of pubes on their balls again and want to play games.rolleyes.gif

Edited by MDFMK

Russia's being Russia. We couldn't hope for them to be the broke, barely functioning state they were after the collapse of the USSR forever. They did the same thing during the last administration with Georgia and they'll probably keep pushing that line long after Obama's out of office.

China's also had a big head for some time (see Tibet and Xinjiang). I assume you're referring to the disputes over the Senkaku (sp?) Islands. That's not anything new either. I actually appreciate the way the Obama administration has been public about the "pivot to the Pacific" and calling them out on cyber-espionage. That's a fresh departure from decades of cowtowing and coddling them.

As for the Middle East and Africa, that's mostly decolonization and it's likely going to continue for the rest of this century at the least.

Great response correct about the Georgia situation. Fortunately Russia stopped short of annexing Georgia. I eonder why the change in strategy this go round. Using the peoples vote for permission is great. With china it's hardly about the senkaku islands it's millions of acres of ocean. There are about 10 Asian Allies that are calling on us to do something. China has grabbed land, Russia saw this and annexed Crimea. China saw this and continued to push its borders all over the china sea.

Still waiting for a well thought out response?

ODS is real...

So far it's coming off as whining for the sake of whining and a belief in the falsehood that other countries take Republican presidents more seriously. Just ignore things like, y'know, Russia invading Georgia over disputed territories under W's watch, Iraq invading Iran over disputed territory under Reagan's watch, the Soviet Union invading Afghanistan under Reagan's watch, Iraq invading Kuwait under HW's watch (though he did respond accordingly due to the threat to the oil markets), and so on and so forth. It also feeds into the belief that the United States completely controls the minutia of global politics which, frankly speaking, is extremely idiotic. **** like this will happen no matter who or what party is in charge. Other nation's have their own prerogatives and will respond to regional and global changes on their own for their own sakes.

I don't care who's president, a decision needs to be made about Iraq quickly.

If I had to guess, the administration knows full well ISIS is going through Sunni areas which have little to no trust in the Shia dominant government but they'll face significant resistance if they attempt to move on Baghdad since it is primarily Shia. Also, though I know this will make some on here flip out, they also know full well Iran will never allow Baghdad to fall to Sunni extremists. Due to this Obama is putting pressure on Maliki to reach out to the Sunnis and actually treat them like they matter in the current Iraq since he has had a history of ignoring them at best. In essence, the only chance for Iraq to have long term viability is for the Shias and Sunnis to work together and Obama is probably using the price of air strikes to jump start that process because otherwise they'll consistently have one group or the other feeling like they have no stake in the country and are being squeezed out in favor of the other.