Heat Looking To Add Carmelo

WOR

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11068709/miami-heat-discussing-options-target-carmelo-anthony-free-agency

If this happens, I might be done with the NBA for a while. This would just be an incredibly sad state of affairs.

Cant win on your own? Lets recreate the USA basketball team!

I guess in 20 years, no one will remember enough for it to matter, but for the near future, would you consider a Wade/Lebron/Melo/Bosh title anything special? I sure wouldn't. You have 4 stars. If you DONT win, that is pathetic. If you do win, well good for you....

Theres nothing special about this. Theres no effort in building a team. Its just pathetic in my mind. I hope they do sign Melo and then the Spurs beat them again next year.

50926814.jpg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could actually hurt the NBA much more than it would help it.

Especially in the Eastern Conference, which is already poor as is when it comes to actual contender quality teams.

The Western Conference games are so much more interesting because there are a good amount of high quality teams competing against each other.

In the Eastern Conference, its basically the Heat...................................................................................................the Pacers...............................................................then everyone else with a really blurry future on which team will rise up as an actual contender. I don't see the Bulls being one of those teams anymore because I don't think Rose will ever be the same again.

Dont know if Bron is going to take less again to bring Melo to Miami. But it would make sense for Bron to go to NY in 2015 with Melo. If he bring a title to the Knicks his legacy will grow a lot more than winning 3 straight with Miami

To be honest, I'm really wondering would Melo actually be okay with not being the guy and how would he mesh with a player like Lebron.

Melo is really nothing more than a top notch scorer. He has become a much better rebounder now though, but he is still not that good without the ball.

To be honest, I'm really wondering would Melo actually be okay with not being the guy and how would he mesh with a player like Lebron.

Melo is really nothing more than a top notch scorer. He has become a much better rebounder now though, but he is still not that good without the ball.

guess it will depend on Melo and what he wants. His top choices from what I hear are Knicks Heat Lakers. Not in that order. If he goes to either the Heat or Lakers he is the second option.

Dont know if Bron is going to take less again to bring Melo to Miami. But it would make sense for Bron to go to NY in 2015 with Melo. If he bring a title to the Knicks his legacy will grow a lot more than winning 3 straight with Miami

It might be better than a heat 3peat, but will it really help his legacy?

If he goes to another city, with another star...again, I think it will just add fuel to the argument that he is a mercenary.

If that were to happen, I would stop watching NBA all together. Could Lebron do it without an all star cast? People argue about Jordan having Pippen, Rodman etc. But they were nowhere near the talent level of what Lebron has been playing with the past few years.

Pippen wasn't even an all-star before he became a Bull

If that were to happen, I would stop watching NBA all together. Could Lebron do it without an all star cast? People argue about Jordan having Pippen, Rodman etc. But they were nowhere near the talent level of what Lebron has been playing with the past few years.

I see your point. It sucks seeing superstars join a team to create a super team and leave the rest of the league in the ruins. Pippen wasn't an underachiever by any means. He's one of the NBA 50 and arguably one of the best small forwards ever to play the game. His best year was when Jordan was out of the league to play baseball.

Edited by Maverick

Multiple superstars on a single team , I can see how it will boost their nationally televised ratings, people love big names and the NBA is infamous for having a large percentage of fans that are fans of a particular player or just the league in general. But it's terrible for parity and fans of markets (which is most of them) who don't get in on this Free Agency sweepstakes.

There's an issue here, that the NBA might need to address of a lot of high caliber players taking less money to create one super title machine.

In essence, its not that bad, but once you dig into it, its kind of ******** for the rest of the league. Especially if this goes through.

Bosh, lebron, Wade, melo all taking like 8 million pay cuts? Ray taking less to tag team after Boston's days were done. Miller as well? I think.

Picking and choosing the cream of the crop of old veterans looking for a ring. Its really just ******** for the rest of the league. This isn't s big market, small market debate, because anyone could possibly do this.

Basically they're saying, whoever wants a ring, take less money, and all of you come to Miami.

There's an issue here, that the NBA might need to address of a lot of high caliber players taking less money to create one super title machine.

In essence, its not that bad, but once you dig into it, its kind of ******** for the rest of the league. Especially if this goes through.

Bosh, lebron, Wade, melo all taking like 8 million pay cuts? Ray taking less to tag team after Boston's days were done. Miller as well? I think.

Picking and choosing the cream of the crop of old veterans looking for a ring. Its really just ******** for the rest of the league. This isn't s big market, small market debate, because anyone could possibly do this.

Basically they're saying, whoever wants a ring, take less money, and all of you come to Miami.

Yep, that is why so many old vets and are lining up to the door just to be on the Heat roster with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh for only peanuts.

It gives them the best odds of getting a ring without really much effort.

ZERO CHANCE this happens .. LMAOO

Do people not know who Melo is married to ?

LALA she burns more $ shopping and flying and what not then anyone

No chance Melo leaves that much $$ on table

Florida has no state income taxes and LaLa has her own businesses and other business deals.

If Melo's main priority is really trying to get a ring now at the age of 30, then I bet he will really at least consider this option.

Florida has no state income taxes and LaLa has her own businesses and other business deals.

If Melo's main priority is really trying to get a ring now at the age of 30, then I bet he will really at least consider this option.

Melo don't really care about ring like that . Yeah would be nice for him to get one but he not going to leave 50 mil on table . Melo got legit bills and high life living. Yeah LALA works do movies etc but she burns $$$

Melo rather be the guy or 1a and be that scorer and be paid then chase a ring

Melo to Chi ? yeah that's possible if amnesty Boozer and still get paid

Melo to Miami ? ZERO chance

unless they build around Melo and Lebron and pay Melo lol