Is Weatherspoon Really Our Most Talented Defensive Player?

Morewheat

Yahoo! Sports stated in an article that the injury to Spoon was devastating and that he was our most talented defensive player. I think Spoon's importance is being overemphasized (although I like him a lot).

I think Trufant is our most talented defensive player and much more important to the team than Spoon.

Who do you think is the most talented/important starter on defensive??

Edited by RyantoWhite4theTD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talent doesn't matter when you average 4 games missed in 4 years and then miss an entire season.

So, whether he is the most talented or not, means nothing to me.

I don't care if you're the most talented, I care if you have the most impact.

Physical talents? Definitely not. I can name three guys more talented. That doesn't mean they are better football players though.

I agree, when he is healthy he can be our most complete player and a true leader. I just think he is being a little overemphasized. I think the Falcons can get close to what Spoon would have offered in Worrilow, Bartu and Shembo.

Guest King Jigsaw

I'm gonna go against the grain here agree with everyone else in this thread and say - no, Trufant is.

Fixed.

It isnt like he isnt a talented player. I think the point they are trying to make is that we lost a talented football player. I know we like to group think and follow the crowd around here, but Spoon is a good player. Losing him hurts our defense. You guys are all fools

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say - no, Trufant is.

Given time - I could see Worrilow or Bartu being better (we will never know what Spoon's potential could've been w/ out any injuries).

way to go against the grain.....lmao

It isnt like he isnt a talented player. I think the point they are trying to make is that we lost a talented football player. I know we like to group think and follow the crowd around here, but Spoon is a good player. Losing him hurts our defense. You guys are all fools

I can't tell the difference. Last time he played Wu-tang was popular.

Most talented player? No. The best player we have on defense now is Trufant, he's young and he will be a top corner for many years for us. I also don't think that he's as scheme specific as Spoon is. Spoon is a 4-3 outside linebacker. So, even if he hadn't gotten hurt, i'm not sure if we would of resigned him to the mega-deal that he would of been due. And i'm not doing what I see alot of people on the boards doing right now, i'm not taking anything away from the talent that Spoon is, or the impact that he has on our defense as an emotional leader.

Last year no one understood why Beirman was so important to our scheme and without him our defense was horrible. You guys don't seem to understand how important Spoon was to our defense. We lost our leader. It's not just about stats, losing Spoon is a BIG blow to our defense. None of the guys on this roster can replace him.

Guest King Jigsaw

Is Weatherspoon Really Our Most Talented Defensive Player?

No, they played for the Cardinals and Dolphins last season.ph34r.png

People have got to let this shît go.

Edited by King Jigsaw