Scariest Thing Is There Will Be More Injuries

I do not know about you guys but I'm sure we will be able to live with losing Spoon. Seems to me that Smith may be holding details back with the severity of the injury just as he's always done because it seems to me that it always takes our players longer to recover from the same injuries other players have on other teams. Crabtree had the same injury basically during the season almost and still returned so if that is the case if Weatherspoon doesn't return I would take it as Smith withheld information or he isn't committed to football.

Back to the topic at the hand though. The most frightening part to me is that we will experience more injuries and I really hope they aren't big injuries or key players. May be selfish but I would hate to suffer through last years injury epidemic yet again. We need a healthy D as well as a healthy receiving corps. Injuries will happen but Smith just hasn't shown he can adapt to those losses. Here's hoping to the best and that TD and Smith have contigencies in place.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Seems to me that Smith may be holding details back with the severity of the injury just as he's always done because it seems to me that it always takes our players longer to recover from the same injuries other players have on other teams."

lolwut

He tore his achilles and is out for the year, that's pretty typical and straight forward. Smith has some odd habits in regards to injury but this is pretty cut and dry.

I do not know about you guys but I'm sure we will be able to live with losing Spoon. Seems to me that Smith may be holding details back with the severity of the injury just as he's always done because it seems to me that it always takes our players longer to recover from the same injuries other players have on other teams. Crabtree had the same injury basically during the season almost and still returned so if that is the case if Weatherspoon doesn't return I would take it as Smith withheld information or he isn't committed to football.

Back to the topic at the hand though. The most frightening part to me is that we will experience more injuries and I really hope they aren't big injuries or key players. May be selfish but I would hate to suffer through last years injury epidemic yet again. We need a healthy D as well as a healthy receiving corps. Injuries will happen but Smith just hasn't shown he can adapt to those losses. Here's hoping to the best and that TD and Smith have contigencies in place.

Couple of things- not all Achilles injuries are equal-there's a real difference between a partial tear and a full tear, so can't really compare the recovery time of individuals and say player X should come back in 6 months just because player Y did.

Crabtree will have been away from the game for 15 months when he next plays.

And, Think that one of the things that has caused Spoon problems is pushing his body to be ready , not giving himself enough recovery time and re-injuring himself. They may want Spoon to take the next 15 months off and get in true game shape before he gets back to playing in the game.

Matt Ryan goes down, were *ucked.

Peria Jerry goes down and we will be ok.

It's more about WHO gets injured that IF injuries will occur. All teams have hurt players and it takes just as much luck as it does skill to win a SB in the NFL.

I agree with you completely. It'd be hard to imagine that it plays like last season but with the current rules in which people are taking legs anything is possible.

Couple of things- not all Achilles injuries are equal-there's a real difference between a partial tear and a full tear, so can't really compare the recovery time of individuals and say player X should come back in 6 months just because player Y did.

Crabtree will have been away from the game for 15 months when he next plays.

And, Think that one of the things that has caused Spoon problems is pushing his body to be ready , not giving himself enough recovery time and re-injuring himself. They may want Spoon to take the next 15 months off and get in true game shape before he gets back to playing in the game.

Except he will be playing for another team.

Smith can't adapt to the losses? I'd like to know the Coach that could 'Adapt' to losing the majority of their starting players and be forced to field a team full of rookies, many of which were UDFA rookies.

We have better depth this year, if nothing else. Every team has to deal with a few injuries.

i dont think so

I'm sorry but if you ruptured your achiles tendon you wouldn't be walking anywhere when it happened . Yesterday he got the news after second opinions . This been in the making my friend

They waited for swelling to reside . It's one of most painful injuries . I think They broke news to team yesterday why Julio was consoling Spoon

We sent Sean to the doctor for some additional testing and evaluation and unfortunately the results showed that he ruptured his Achilles tendon,” coach Mike Smith said in a team statement. “Sean had been working extremely hard to get back on the field, but regrettably he will miss the entire 2014 season. He will have a procedure done in the near future and we expect him to make a full recovery.

What other details are you looking for in regards to a ruptured achilles??