Just In Case People Missed This Nugget. Julio Didnt Have Broken Screw. He Broke His Foot

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/falcons/2014/06/09/julio-jones-falcons/10250947/

It is a serious injury, and knowing that I broke the same bone in a different spot over the course of two years. So it's a very serious matter, and we're not trying to play with it," Jones said. "We're taking all the precautions before throwing me back out there and just saying, 'He's ready to go.' I feel great, I feel good, but at the same time, we have to take it slow because the season is still far away.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The foot was broken in 2011 not 2013, it was the screw holding the break together that broke .....rolleyes.gif

The foot injury suffered by Falcons receiver Julio Jones on Monday night is reportedly related to the foot surgery he had before his rookie year.

Veteran NFL reporter Jason Cole reports that Jones, who leads the league with 41 catches, broke the screw that was put in his foot in that 2011 surgery.

I’m not a doctor, but my official diagnosis is ouch. And the fact that Jones kept playing and made a sensational 46-yard catch with a broken screw in his foot makes me feel like the guy who passes out in that “You wouldn’t make it in pro football” commercial.

But Jones has a history of shrugging off his foot problems. The 2011 injury happened before the Scouting Combine, but he delayed surgery, ran at the Combine and put on a sensational performance despite running with a broken bone in his foot.

Jones has spent the last months rehabbing a broken screw in his now twice-repaired left foot. The injury cost him the vast majority of the 2013 season, and was one of the many reasons for the Falcons surprising 4-12 record.

The foot was broken in 2011 not 2013, it was the screw holding the break together that broke .....rolleyes.gif

The foot injury suffered by Falcons receiver Julio Jones on Monday night is reportedly related to the foot surgery he had before his rookie year.

Veteran NFL reporter Jason Cole reports that Jones, who leads the league with 41 catches, broke the screw that was put in his foot in that 2011 surgery.

I’m not a doctor, but my official diagnosis is ouch. And the fact that Jones kept playing and made a sensational 46-yard catch with a broken screw in his foot makes me feel like the guy who passes out in that “You wouldn’t make it in pro football” commercial.

But Jones has a history of shrugging off his foot problems. The 2011 injury happened before the Scouting Combine, but he delayed surgery, ran at the Combine and put on a sensational performance despite running with a broken bone in his foot.

Jones has spent the last months rehabbing a broken screw in his now twice-repaired left foot. The injury cost him the vast majority of the 2013 season, and was one of the many reasons for the Falcons surprising 4-12 record.

Did you not read the link from JONES words

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/falcons/2014/06/09/julio-jones-falcons/10250947/

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Nugget? I think I'll go with the official medical version rather than what a player said off the top of his head.

This

Sorry man, but it looks Julio just said the thing off the top of his head. Julio is insanely camera shy anyways.

Yea I read it you are taking it out of context/arguing semantics......the same " break " "separated " because the " screw " " broke " .....rolleyes.gif

what am I taking out of context ?

It is a serious injury, and knowing that I broke the same bone in a different spot over the course of two years. So it's a very serious matter, and we're not trying to play with it," Jones said. "We're taking all the precautions before throwing me back out there and just saying, 'He's ready to go.' I feel great, I feel good, but at the same time, we have to take it slow because the season is still far away.

I never really new the specifics of his injury I got most of my facts from the board. I remember some heated discussions about debating whether or not it was possible for him to break the screw. Hearing it's the same bone being broken twice doesn't make it sound any better though.I hope he fully recovers but I'm not that optimistic about right now. I'd consider sitting him some time at the beginning of the season if it means the said bone will fully heal.

I never really new the specifics of his injury I got most of my facts from the board. I remember some heated discussions about debating whether or not it was possible for him to break the screw. Hearing it's the same bone being broken twice doesn't make it sound any better though.I hope he fully recovers but I'm not that optimistic about right now. I'd consider sitting him some time at the beginning of the season if it means the said bone will fully heal.

Julio will be fine. There was NO new break whatsoever, if the screw had not broken then there never would have been a problem. Swift talks like he had two SEPERATE broken bones in his foot.